Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

+44

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

petros

petros
  • In Jizzus we trust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,480 rep

I just wish that Tom had the same attitude as Mark :/

Haha my thoughts exactly :lol:

Not to mention Marks side band is awesome and Tom's is shitte...

• bjrules, Batgirl and kaylubd like this

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,570 rep

I don't understand the mentality that Tom doesn't care about Blink anymore. 

The same people who were yelling that Neighborhoods sounded like AVA were also the same people saying that Tom had no involvement in it. How can Tom influence the sound of the record if he didn't play on it? And as it's come out, Tom actually wrote a greater part of that record. And look no further than the last two EPs released: AVA's is absolute garbage and the Blink one was actually pretty damn good. To me Mark is actually the most disconnected member of the band at this moment, and I seriously hope I'm not the only one who sees it this way. 

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,431 rep

I personally think Mark is the most connected member of the band...I feel Travis is the most disconnected at the moment.

• Ashleycase likes this

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2011
  • 414 rep

I think Mark was the most connected in the Neighborhoods era, he was pretty much the only one from the band who really talked about it, but for Dogs Eating Dogs Travis and especially Tom did way more hype for it than for Neighborhoods. More than Mark actually o.o

And yeah, Travis just has all those side projects, it's hard to really feel connection to a band like that. I think this year he does another album with the Transplants, some kind of thing called "Crash Course" and maybe another Blink album and EP. He's a very busy man  :lol:

petros

petros
  • In Jizzus we trust

• 3,328 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,480 rep

This belongs to Blink thread but whatever :lol:

No you can't say Mark is the most disconnected member!How can you even think that?He is the only one that his priority is Blink.And it's not like he can't do anything else.He could be working with +44 or I don't know do more television shows.But he is the one always talking about blink and showing he cares.

Yeah Tom wrote most of Neighborhoods but that's because Tom writes more songs than Mark(not to mention all his lyrics and melodies are recycling the same thing since 2006 so it's not that hard for him)Travis has all the other projects but it feels to me he is the man that when it comes to blink he gives all his heart to it.
Tom and Mark now need to push themselves and do something new at last.Mark has stayed to the same style(music and lyrics) as the +44 album so is Tom to the first AvA album.Travis is like the only one who makes them sound special or unique now...

• Batgirl and kaylubd like this

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,147 rep

I dislike Tom, so I'm not get into this discussion. But I will disagree on that, Jacob. Tom is the one who left, wtf. Mark and Travis stuck together, so. There.

But I really hope after all the Blink stuff is done, the tour and all, +44 comes up with something new. I really do dig them :happy:

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,570 rep

Yay my thread got revived!

I dislike Tom, so I'm not get into this discussion. But I will disagree on that, Jacob. Tom is the one who left, wtf. Mark and Travis stuck together, so. There.

But I really hope after all the Blink stuff is done, the tour and all, +44 comes up with something new. I really do dig them :happy:

I disagree Karen. The breakup of Blink isn't one person's fault. Tom is ultimately the one who made the decision to leave, but the break-up was caused by communication failure between all three members. I blame all three for not sitting down in one room and hashing things out like band mates should, instead they all hid behind Rick Devoe and their lawyers hoping for "the best possible outcome." 

And I agree, another +44 record would be sweet. That's my point though, when everyone else is busy doing their own thing, what's Mark doing when he's not hosting his show? Douching it around London? He needs to get back to San Diego and hash out another record with Tom and Travis. The EP was good, but if Mark actually lived near these guys like he used it probably would have been even better.  

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,202 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,431 rep

I would love another +44 record. I was listening to it the other day and I was like "man, this is really good!"

dangreenday

dangreenday
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2006
  • 495 rep

tbh ive always "Liked" +44 but never loved them .. im a huge hoppus fan so i have follwed his side projects ect but im happy with him just doing blink for now :)

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• 4,107 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,147 rep

Yay my thread got revived!

I disagree Karen. The breakup of Blink isn't one person's fault. Tom is ultimately the one who made the decision to leave, but the break-up was caused by communication failure between all three members. I blame all three for not sitting down in one room and hashing things out like band mates should, instead they all hid behind Rick Devoe and their lawyers hoping for "the best possible outcome." 

And I agree, another +44 record would be sweet. That's my point though, when everyone else is busy doing their own thing, what's Mark doing when he's not hosting his show? Douching it around London? He needs to get back to San Diego and hash out another record with Tom and Travis. The EP was good, but if Mark actually lived near these guys like he used it probably would have been even better.  

I never said it was Tom's fault. As much as I dislike him, I can't blame him for the whole break up. I just said he's the one who "left first"

Well, yes it would be easier if he lived in San Diego. But didn't he move to England before Blink got back together? They all have side projects and families, I don't see why Mark should change his entire lifestyle for the band when the other two aren't doing much about it. They all have their own thing apart from Blink, unfortunately. Plus he comes around all the time. This isn't the 2000s when Blink was all they were.

I dunno, man. I can't have this argument with you, I love Mark and dislike Tom. So, I guess as much as I try not to, I'll be Mark biased.

tbh ive always "Liked" +44 but never loved them .. im a huge hoppus fan so i have follwed his side projects ect but im happy with him just doing blink for now :)

Box Car Racer was pretty good too :happy:

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,570 rep

I never said it was Tom's fault. As much as I dislike him, I can't blame him for the whole break up. I just said he's the one who "left first"

Well, yes it would be easier if he lived in San Diego. But didn't he move to England before Blink got back together? They all have side projects and families, I don't see why Mark should change his entire lifestyle for the band when the other two aren't doing much about it. They all have their own thing apart from Blink, unfortunately. Plus he comes around all the time. This isn't the 2000s when Blink was all they were.

I dunno, man. I can't have this argument with you, I love Mark and dislike Tom. So, I guess as much as I try not to, I'll be Mark biased.

Box Car Racer was pretty good too :happy:

He moved to England while they recorded Neighborhoods

You just think he's super hot :lol:

But seriously, at this point I just want more music from these guys. If Poet Anderson is like Whisper, I'd pick it up in a second. Same thing if +44 but out another record, and I know that we all want a new Blink record soon. The boys need to get on that shit fast

Has anyone ever noticed how similar +44 and Box Car Racer are conceptually? Box Car started off as Tom wanting to make an acoustic record, but when he started jamming with Travis it became heavier. In +44, it started as Mark wanting to make electronic music but when he started jamming with Travis it became a punk-pop album. It blows my mind how similar these projects are. Everyone's always comparing +44 to AVA, but I say compare it to Box Car Racer. They're really alike. 

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• 4,107 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,147 rep

He moved to England while they recorded Neighborhoods

You just think he's super hot :lol:

But seriously, at this point I just want more music from these guys. If Poet Anderson is like Whisper, I'd pick it up in a second. Same thing if +44 but out another record, and I know that we all want a new Blink record soon. The boys need to get on that shit fast

I don't just think he's super hot. He's old now, so that's not really an argument :lol:

Yes, I do find him very attractive :ninja: But his voice :wub: Baby Come On, and Make You Smile, seriously what the actual fuck :runaround: His songwriting as well. And he's hilarious! For reals, what is there not to love about this guy, gosh.

Okay I'm gonna stop fangirling now.

But I do wanna say that I'm glad Blink are back together and making new music.

• Cob likes this

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,570 rep

Baby Come On. My God. I want hug Mark for writing that song. 

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,202 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,431 rep

I always liked Mark on vocals. I mean he's not a fantastic singer or anything, but I think his voice fits the songs he sings really well.

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,570 rep

I always liked Mark on vocals. I mean he's not a fantastic singer or anything, but I think his voice fits the songs he sings really well.

Mark has always been the more talented singer. His harmonies, especially on the +44 record, are awesome. 

• kaylubd likes this

Advertising

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2011
  • 414 rep

I want a +44 reunion tour sooo bad. They don't even need to put out a new album, I just want to hear all those amazing songs live.

Maybe we'll get a reunion when Mark is 44  :lol:

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,202 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,431 rep

^^ That would be an awesome idea!!!!

petros

petros
  • In Jizzus we trust

• 3,328 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,480 rep

As much as I like making fan of Tom you can't say it's his fault Blink broke up back in the day.

I'd say it's 49% for Travis and Mark and 51% for Tom.Anyway it doesn't matter anymore they are back now :lol:

Oh wait this is a +44 thread...Yeah Baby Come On is one of the best things a member of blink ever did...

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,202 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,431 rep

It would be cool if +44 did another album. Out of all the side projects that grew out of Blink's "hiatus" I would say this one was the best. I tried AVA and I couldn't do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users