Batgirl

Latest Album You Bought

That Dude

Just bought the new Good Charlotte album.  I was hesitant to give it a chance after such musical atrocities as Cardiology and Youth Authority (some of the worst pop-punk I've ever heard in my life!), but some of the new songs are decent.  "Prayers" and "Actual Pain" instantly grabbed my attention and I'm giving the other songs room to grow.  

If Green Day and The Offspring aren't making music, I'll take some Good Charlotte to get my through a punk rock drought.  

deadair

Today, I went to Half Price Books and bought a handful of CDs.

First, I bought physical copies of two albums I love: We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank (by Modest Mouse) for $4.99 and How To Save A Life (by The Fray) on clearance for $2.00-

812IatBvxCL._SY355_.jpg

81s9P0CwSNL._SL1500_.jpg

I also bought Skull & Bones (by Cypress Hill) for $6.99, Strap It On (by Helmet) for $4.99, and Holy Doom (by Demob Happy) for $5.99-
61TKY7GXAjL.jpg

MI0000015102.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

71W1DZWTOfL._SX355_.jpg

• Like 1

kaylubd

Whiplash Smile - Billy Idol

Sideshow - The Cure

Hypnagogic States - The Cure

And All That Could Have Been: Excerpts - NIN

• Like 2

龑美優 (Miyu Yan)

R-12339499-1533269597-2286.jpeg.jpg281962

deadair

Yesterday, I went to the A Perfect Circle concert in Madison, Wisconsin. It was such an amazing show. I bought the newest album Scary Wrold by opening band Night Club for $15-

31A6uiOhnoL._SS500.jpg

• Like 1

deadair

Yesterday, I bought the Target Exclusive version of the new Imagine Dragons album Origins with 3 Bonus Tracks on CD-
GUEST_001218c5-236f-4875-9ee8-e0c61e7e1a

maryjanewhatsername

Latest album I got was "Above" by Mad Season. It is some rad grunge shit with a mix of blues. 😎

• Like 2

kaylubd

Got some great finds recently:

Pinhead_Gunpowder_-_Jump_Salty.jpg

71RWzYmhO8L._SX355_.jpg

R-10429294-1497257314-7842.jpeg.jpg

220px-Jacksons-state-of-shock.jpg (12 inch)

Hellbilly_Deluxe.jpg( vinyl)

• Like 2

Misfit xo

Last album I bought was "The Silver Scream" by Ice Nine Kills.  Absolutely fucking amazing, although I think I still like "Every Trick in the Book" better.  Maybe because it was the album that made me a huge INK fan, who knows, but The Silver Scream is pretty fantastic, too. 🤓

deadair

I bought a lot of music this month, I'll share what I bought.

In early December, I ordered Dictator (by Scars On Broadway) on CD from their website-
61i2IFGoPtL._SS500.jpg

That same day I also ordered A Modern Tragedy, Vol. 1 (by grandson) and Beside Myself (by Basement) on CD off the Fueled By Ramen website-
418Va1uPPhL._SS500.jpg

tumblr_inline_pfy5zxLdKF1sitizh_540.png

Around that same time, I bought a used copy of the Target edition of Just Like You (by Falling In Reverse) with 2 bonus tracks from The Exclusive Company for $6.99-
wpid-wp-1425934265302.jpeg?w=640

For Christmas, I bought myself the deluxe edition of Simulation Theory (by Muse), Shiny And Oh So Bright, Vol. 1 (by Smashing Pumpkins), the deluxe edition of Evolution (by Disturbed), Thank You For Today (by Death Cab For Cutie), Upside Down Flowers (by Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness), Trench (by Twenty One Pilots), and Finding It Hard To Smile (by lovelytheband) from Amazon-
600x600bf.png

smashing-pumpkins-shiny-and-oh-so-bright

91z7IbjCKLL._SY355_.jpg

deathcab.jpg

81nGg5rOW2L._SY355_.jpg

61ypMawGk9L._SS500.jpg

61wJ3coaUPL._SS500.jpg

Last Friday, I ordered Money Shot (by Puscifer), Zipper Down (by Eagles Of Death Metal), For Ever (by Jungle), and the deluxe edition of The Click (by AJR) from Amazon-

71VtRmyjiFL._SX355_.jpg

Zipper-Down-Art-compressor.jpg

jungle_for%20ever.jpg

1200x630bb.jpg

kaylubd

Got some awesome albums for Christmas:

220px-The_Struts_%E2%80%93_Young_&_Dange

61KsWCPMvUL._SY355_.jpg

The%20Soft%20Moon.jpg

Turnstile:%20Time%20&%20Space%20.jpg

230px-Marmozets_-_Knowing_What_You_Know_

I also picked these up on vinyl:

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThnaNw82hFX09Ah2l3pYm

Blink-182_-_Blink-182_cover.jpg

• Like 1

Misfit xo

Asking Alexandria - "Stand Up and Scream" 🤘

• Like 1

deadair

I bought a physical copy of Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album for $9.99 (out of print- normally way more expensive on CD), Curb (by Nickelback) for $4.99 and Silver Side Up (also by Nickelback) on clearance for $2.00 from Half Price Books-

419MZVMMAYL.jpg

91qFyBWoTOL._SY355_.jpg

61aDNNXBLKL.jpg

龑美優 (Miyu Yan)

b5610d8a6f6ed0aae0a01f449d66bb300b1cef16

77651cc70d24ec515f2be081e2ce310178e7d94c

be2edab7785102eba90f8a2bcdc6b9a3.jpg

deadair

I forgot to mention I also got Achtung Baby (by U2), One By One (by Foo Fighters), Have A Nice Day (by Bon Jovi), Tiny Music... Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop (by Stone Temple Pilots), Veni Vidi Vicious (by The Hives), Everything In Transit (by Jack's Mannequin), and Frogstomp (by Silverchair) from Half Price Books a couple months ago (most of them on clearance for $2.00)-

71wrAlRtBDL._SL1000_.jpg

61SappMS24L._SL1500_.jpg

41TGE7V0K3L._SX355_.jpg

stp-640x640.jpg

51VvOw2KPCL._SY355_.jpg

81+sfLJiTML._SY355_.jpg

71Orao9tmZL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Degenerated

.... As of this month, January 2019 - I bought Weird Al's first album (an original LP off Discogs). His first three albums ("Weird Al" Yankovic, In 3-D and Dare To Be Stupid), hold some kind of a nostalgia for me; in the early 2000's (2002 or 2003), I started taking an interest in LP records (vinyl), and it was fueled when my mother got me a phonograph for Christmas 2003, and let me raid her LP and 45 collections.

Anyway, a short time after that, I started frequenting thrift shops and browsing Ebay listings for anything I was curious about, or that I could find. Sometime between 2004 and 2006, I bought those first three albums, from two or three different sellers on Ebay. From the moment I got them, ONLY "In 3-D" was fine and playable - the first has permanent skips on both sides, and Dare To Be Stupid is so scratched and fucked up, I fear the couple of times I've tried it on either my phonograph, and my newer turntable, did some damage to the needle.

So, yeah, went on to Discogs and I looked up a first release or press (or what ever), of his first album that came out in Canada. Bought it, got it two days ago, and it plays excellent. Now I just need to find a good or decent (playable anyway) LP of Dare To Be Stupid.... (as for the whole looking specifically for Canada releases thing, since I've now mentioned or gone on about it in two different threads - I figure it's just easier to find LP's that were made in Canada, is all - it's probably more affordable too, but either way, it's also just fun to get records that have a different label than what I've seen before, or would otherwise be used to, of US releases, or any other releases, etc. - like I said, it's just something I like to do)

Misfit xo

Glad to see I'm not the only old-skool one still buying CD's 🤓

Being able to stream or download music is nice, and convenient, but there's nothing quite like buying an album and having it in your hands...cover art, lyrics, just having the actual album in your collection is awesome.  I'm afraid that someday physical CDs will cease to exist 😔  I mean, I hope not.  I started my collection about 15 years ago, and it's always getting bigger.  One of my most prized possessions, for sure.

• Like 1

kaylubd
17 hours ago, Misfit xo said:

Glad to see I'm not the only old-skool one still buying CD's 🤓

Being able to stream or download music is nice, and convenient, but there's nothing quite like buying an album and having it in your hands...cover art, lyrics, just having the actual album in your collection is awesome.  I'm afraid that someday physical CDs will cease to exist 😔  I mean, I hope not.  I started my collection about 15 years ago, and it's always getting bigger.  One of my most prized possessions, for sure.

I still love CDs but I honestly don't think they're gonna stop existing. There's always gonna be an audience for them. They'll attain that niche status like vinyl. Also it seems more people are starting to learn the downsides of digital music namely you dont necessarily own it and it may drive more people to get physical releases. 

kaylubd

I couldn't help myself and bought some more vinyl.

6183O5YSXBL.jpg

220px-Standing_cov.jpg

220px-Depeche_Mode_-_Speak_&_Spell.png

• Like 1

Mato

Finally got this baby on vinyl. One of the best, most inspiring and important records to me.

replacements-let-it-be.jpg

• Like 2

o_O

Tradingwiththeenemy.jpg

R.E.M._-_Chronic_Town.jpg

81URBN0FcyL._SX355_.jpg

龑美優 (Miyu Yan)

81JYJR-7hJL.jpg

6a929dee079bc58a9bb3a7a5cf2907a45b247452

ESJL-3115.jpg

91Z7b4hrBDL._SY355_.jpg

• Love 1

Mato

The-Replacements-Stink-CD.jpg

R-11875190-1523907065-5445.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Josh100_3

I love seeing all these posts! Keep them coming!

I’m not as big into metal as I used to be, but I did manage to pick up Brave new World - Iron Maiden and Rust in Peace - Megadeth on vinyl this week.

Not as cool as Tré Cool

Once I finally get me a new CD player I will totally get a CD of Enema of the State. Then maybe I'll get a second copy of that album. And a third copy. And a fourth copy. And it's the best album in music history. And I should wrap this post up as I need to get ready for school now. 

• Like 1