X Games Mike Dirnt Interview

AndrewW91

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woah thanks for sharing!

"We're laying out plans and we're ready to take off and make up some of these shows and really get close and personal to our fans again." :wub:

Nice interview! :happy:

-"We turn into trolls [...] pimples and hair growing everywhere."

-"It's just ugly." [Laughs.]

HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Yeah, I doubt it :mellow:

Sweet interview :happy: It was nice that he didn't say too much about Billie, he just said enough to assure everyone but not too much that would reveal anything :) So glad they're doing a bit of press again, I've missed them so much :wub: Green Day are coming back :dance:

It was really nice to read this! I always love Mike's interviews.

And I love this part:

Nowadays, with the Internet, you can put a set list together, but the next town knows it before you even play the whole thing. You just go online [assumes a fan's voice], "This is exactly what they played and they waited exactly 30 seconds between each song …."
:lol:

"You guys look as bad as we do when we're writing songs: pimples and HAIR GROWING EVERYWHERE."

Now i know what happened to Mike's hair :D

Great stuff, as to be expected from a Mike interview! This makes me really happy and excited for them coming back :happy:

I know what the word arbitrary means, but what does it mean to say that Jason's opinion are "arbitrary"? Like they're sort of unhelpful or not considered fully? I'm sure he meant it more in a "out there, interesting, weird" kind of way, but it's such a strange description and caught me off guard.

I know what the word arbitrary means, but what does it mean to say that Jason's opinion are "arbitrary"? Like they're sort of unhelpful or not considered fully? I'm sure he meant it more in a "out there, interesting, weird" kind of way, but it's such a strange description and caught me off guard.

As usual, you beat me to the punch. That sentence threw me way off.

i'm pretty sure he mean that they're different/interesting..

Perhaps he just means unbiased? As in Jason can given an unbiased opinion on things because he's not part of the writing process. I haven't read the whole interview, mind

Edit: I've read it and yeah, seems he just means they welcome his opinions but overall they will just be opinions. And he's okay with that.

I'm pretty sure he means that Jason is level headed and reasonable but he still has unique and crazy opinions that go along with the rest of the band; they're all individuals as much as they are one unit and Jason contributes to that perfectly.

When they are recording they DO look ugly lol. Billie looked like a hobo. And that one part where mike looks like he hasn't slept in years. I love hearing mike more, I feel like Billie talks to much. They like switched because billie is usually very talkative during interviews and mike is very quiet haha.

I know what the word arbitrary means, but what does it mean to say that Jason's opinion are "arbitrary"?

Who knows what he actually meant, but in arbitration, an arbitrator's decision is legally binding. So if I had to guess what Mike was saying, basically its that they take Jason's opinions seriously. I don't think he meant much other than that

Archived