Live Songs for Television Appearances

disappearing_boy_39

Green Day is ready to tour and start promoting the trilogy so we can safely assume that they will be scheduled to perform on various TV shows, such as David Letterman and Saturday Night Live.

I was curious to know, now that all three albums are out, which songs do you think they should play on television appearances to best promote the trilogy? Don't confuse this with what your favorite song is. For example, my favorite song on AI is Homecoming but American Idiot made more sense to market as a single.

I still think Stray Heart should have been promoted better because, imho, it would have been a very successful single. It had a great blend of rock, pop, a rhythmic danceable beat and lyrics that many people can relate with. I think Stray Heart & Stay the Night are good songs to promote. Lazy Bones, 99 Revolutions and Kill the DJ may also be good but the latter has explicit lyrics and the clean version sounds lame.

On shows that allow for more than one song, such as SNL, throwing in a song which is different from Green Day's typical style (such as Brutal Love, The Forgotten or even X-Kid) can prove to be beneficial.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they should do an Trilogy Special on David Letterman just like Foo Fighters did with their last album, playing it whole + some old songs

i think X Kid 'cause is going to be the new green day' single but...i don't really know...

I just hope that they perfom in Letterman again just for a joke from Tré.

Songs could be Stray Heart, Oh love and X-kid. X-kid and The Forgotten could be great for SNL. 99 revolutions for Letterman

I can't wait, always loved their Letterman performances.

They will probably play X-Kid.

What I wonder is, will Tre finally let the meat hang in front of America at Letterman? Or will he simply tumble over his kit or take a swim as usual.

I'd like to hear them play Wow, That's Loud.

Or just for the hell of it, Night Life.

Anything from Dos, really...

They need to play more off Dos and Trè;

I hope that they'll start to play Stray Heart and X-Kid;

I hope that they didn't play nothing off Uno for a few TV asppeareances because they already promoted that so well before Billie's rehab

I think they should play 8th Avenue Serenade. I love that song! Also Brutal Love, Sweet 16, Wild One, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Amy, and Little Boy Named Train. Fuck, I just want them to play 'em all! I can't choose!

Bottom line is, anything they play will be fantastic! It will be amazing just to see them again. That's what I'm happy about.

They'll probably stick with "Oh Love"

I think they should at least one from each album, so maybe "Stay the Night" Or "Nuclear Family" for Uno, "Stray Heart" and "Lazy Bones" for Dos and "X-Kid" and "Missing You" For Tre.

All good suggestions.

I'm most interested in which songs, if performed live on TV, will lead to a successful single. Obviously, we want to see Green Day play them all (that's what the tour is for)!

Lazy Bones, X-Kid, Brutal Love (Billie's vocals on that would be so beautiful :wub: ), Nuclear Family, Angel Blue, Rusty James, Stray Heart, Wow! That's Loud and Dirty Rotten Bastards would be interesting to see too :)

I'm hoping they do Dirty Rotten Bastards, it would actually be pretty epic (bass/guitar solos and the ending) :P

Edit: but realistically I can see Nuclear Family and X-Kid. I can't picture Stray Heart as much as I want them to play that one.

Am I the only one who really doesn't think Stray Heart is 'all that'?

*Goes to the unpopular opinions thread*.

Would love to see X-Kid, Missing You and 8th Ave if we're going off Tré, as well as DRB of course. Just hoping they don't go down The Forgotten route...

Realistically, it'll probably be X-Kid on all of them. If they go on SNL or something else that allows two performances, I think it'll be X-Kid and 99 Revolutions. I'm thinking since Tre is the most recent, has the most mainstream appeal, and sold the worst, they'll promote strictly that one.

Yeah I think X-Kid and 99Revs are safe bets

But are they the right choices? Green Day has picked strange songs to promote in the past such as Warning and Oh Love. I want to see a strong single emerge from this trilogy! The material is there but will the label make the right choices?

But are they the right choices? Green Day has picked strange songs to promote in the past such as Warning and Oh Love. I want to see a strong single emerge from this trilogy! The material is there but will the label make the right choices?

The label doesnt pick the songs the band performs on tv shows...

The label doesnt pick the songs the band performs on tv shows...

But the band wouldn't perform a song that the label wasn't choosing to promote as a single

X-Kid, Stay The Night, Kill the Dj, Stray Heart, Lazy Bones and 99 Revolutions are songs I can see as being good ones to promote.

But the band wouldn't perform a song that the label wasn't choosing to promote as a single

The band played geek stink breath a year before release on SNL they couldve played basket case or welcome to paradise instead

99 Revolutions would be good because not only because it is a catchy tune, but the repetitive lyrics will make it memorable for people who aren't Green Day fans so that they can search the song in the future, buy it, etc. X-Kid, Oh Love, and Stray Heart are also songs that I think would be good to perform.

Archived