Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fans backing everything up they say even if what they say is fucking stupid.. I would refer to the Steve Jobs rant again.

I honestly don't think Green Day fans are that bad. I don't think I've read about or heard anyone condone the cancer comment. Generally, as the posts in this thread itself demonstrate, fans are a lot less fangirly/boyish than you constantly make out.

- I think that Their first 5 records are amazing. Warning and American Idiot were really good but had many weak points and everything after sucked for the most part.

- 21 Guns is a terrible song, and sounds like a rehash of Blvd. of Broken Dreams (which I also dislike)

- Nimrod had some of Green Day's best song writing, and it felt more mature and more thought out than any of their recent work.

- Despite popular belief, yes Green Day are a mainstream band and a lot of Their recent work is pop-rock music (they used to be Punk, even the Gilman kids thought so). There's nothing wrong with being a pop band though even if pop music isn't my thing (in my opinion).

- Their guitar tones and production are awful. The recent stuff sounds too overproduced, yet their guitars sound weak and frail. I'd prefer the thick tones on Insomniac back.

- 21st Century Breakdown feels like a terrible remake of American Idiot.

- Billie kinda lazy when it comes to playing guitar sometimes (Only sometimes, I've been seeing him do more with the guitar recently but I still find him slacking)

- ENOUGH WITH THE "HEY-OHS"

- Jason's kinda excluded. He's never in the photo shoots or anything. If this is his choice, then all respect to him. But if the guys are preventing him (Which I doubt) then that's not right.

- They keep playing the same songs live!! Not enough old material (especially stuff from insomniac).

- I don't like their ethics too much, especially Billie's. I like Green Day alot mind you, but Billie seems kinda... hypocritical and douchey.

- The "Oh Love" video promoted a terrible message. I though they were "against" this kinda thing?

- Censoring the trilogy, when last year they made a big fuss about keeping 21st CBD uncensored.

- Like someone before in this forum mentioned. The Dookified renditions are A LOT better than the Trilogy. That dude makes some great music/covers/remakes.

- Kill the DJ sucks bunghole.

- Fuck Angry Birds

- Green Day should play snot-nosed Punk Rock again! Stop with the uniforms and wear some torn jeans and lose t-shirts, OH and smoke pot again! :)

Ah fuck it, I changed my mind. Warning's a great album! Make that "The First 6 records are amazing".

Your post makes puppies weep more than anyone else's.

I'm going to get bashed for this but people are making videos for literally everything... it was really cool when they weren't being made constantly, but I think it's going way too far and isn't special anymore now.

This I agree with. I think GDC should have official collab video hosters to keep it a little more under control.

I don't like FHT and the AI musical. Also I think 21stCB was a very, very, weak album, I also think that they should've realesed one album instead of three. Though I'm happy as it is and as a guy already explained in this topic, Green Day does not owe me or anyone else anything. It's their music and their choices are up to them, fuck everyone else.

I was a bit disappointed with the studio version of Stay The Night. :S

Just a bit. A tiny tiny bit..

Why? Stay the night is one of my favorite of all the trilogy! :happy:

I feel uncomfortable listening to Geek Stink Breath, simply because of its title.

Why?

Why? Stay the night is one of my favorite of all the trilogy! :happy:

Needs more attitude. The drums Tré plays on the live version automatically make it bout 30 times better. And the solo is too layered. It should be nice and raw. Like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaVR7ubIuPU

I don't like FHT and the AI musical. Also I think 21stCB was a very, very, weak album, I also think that they should've realesed one album instead of three. Though I'm happy as it is and as a guy already explained in this topic, Green Day does not owe me or anyone else anything. It's their music and their choices are up to them, fuck everyone else.

One album instead of three? Why?

There would be way less songs/musical goodness!

Tre is my least favorite album of the Trilogy. Although it has some of my favorites, the reast is just very poor in my opinion namely: 8th Ave Serenade, SD&V, and LBNT. I also think Amanda, Walk Away, DRB, and (fuck me) Missing You are incredibly mediocre most of the time that I listen to them. Also the overproduction of Billie's voice on quite a few Trilogy songs is most prominent on Tre and it really, really bugs me. He doesn't need it.

Its scary to see the amount of people talking shit about their favorite band on that thread :ermm:

Why?

What's bad about some negative criticism? I don't like 21stCB as well as most of the songs from the trilogy, but they're still one of my favourite bands :)

One album instead of three? Why?

There would be way less songs/musical goodness!

I didn't explain why, sorry!

In my opinion I just think there's to much fillers all over the trilogy. I mean each one of the records got great songs but I just think they should have worked on a few tracks more, and instead of making three records where the half record is good , they could've released one record of total awesomeness. I just see songs such like ALBNT, Walk Away, SWTRLF, Fell for you, and a few more as total fillers. And the lyrics on the half of the trilogy are not even Billie's standard. He can do a lot better that that. Even if he didn't want to write a super big and serious record like American Idiot, many of the songs are below the standard. I mean, Warning for example, fuck , look at the lyrics, total success!

And as many other people already said, I don't either like the overproduction of Billie's voice.

And also, I'm sure none of us here are ditching one of our favorite bands as many people seems to think, If you think that, fine , but stop posting meaningless stuff like " OMG I can't believe they're hating their favorite band"

Its scary to see the amount of people talking shit about their favorite band on that thread :ermm:

We're not all blind slaves :P

I don't think seeing someone as perfect is healthy, Green Day has flaws and songs that doesn't correspond well with everyone. We've all had our opinions on songs like Nightlife and other "different" songs.

And GD isn't everyone's favorite band around here :lol:

I didn't explain why, sorry!

In my opinion I just think there's to much fillers all over the trilogy. I mean each one of the records got great songs but I just think they should have worked on a few tracks more, and instead of making three records where the half record is good , they could've released one record of total awesomeness. I just see songs such like ALBNT, Walk Away, SWTRLF, Fell for you, and a few more as total fillers. And the lyrics on the half of the trilogy are not even Billie's standard. He can do a lot better that that. Even if he didn't want to write a super big and serious record like American Idiot, many of the songs are below the standard. I mean, Warning for example, fuck , look at the lyrics, total success!

And as many other people already said, I don't either like the overproduction of Billie's voice.

And also, I'm sure none of us here are ditching one of our favorite bands as many people seems to think, If you think that, fine , but stop posting meaningless stuff like " OMG I can't believe they're hating their favorite band"

Can't agree with this, since before the trilogy was made, Billie said that he had made so many songs. 1 CD would be SO horrible, to know that around 20 - 25 songs were never released. *shiver*

More is better when it comes to Billies writing :P

- I think that Their first 5 records are amazing. Warning and American Idiot were really good but had many weak points and everything after sucked for the most part.

- 21 Guns is a terrible song, and sounds like a rehash of Blvd. of Broken Dreams (which I also dislike)

- Nimrod had some of Green Day's best song writing, and it felt more mature and more thought out than any of their recent work.

- Despite popular belief, yes Green Day are a mainstream band and a lot of Their recent work is pop-rock music (they used to be Punk, even the Gilman kids thought so). There's nothing wrong with being a pop band though even if pop music isn't my thing (in my opinion).

- Their guitar tones and production are awful. The recent stuff sounds too overproduced, yet their guitars sound weak and frail. I'd prefer the thick tones on Insomniac back.

- 21st Century Breakdown feels like a terrible remake of American Idiot.

- Billie kinda lazy when it comes to playing guitar sometimes (Only sometimes, I've been seeing him do more with the guitar recently but I still find him slacking)

- ENOUGH WITH THE "HEY-OHS"

- Jason's kinda excluded. He's never in the photo shoots or anything. If this is his choice, then all respect to him. But if the guys are preventing him (Which I doubt) then that's not right.

- They keep playing the same songs live!! Not enough old material (especially stuff from insomniac).

- I don't like their ethics too much, especially Billie's. I like Green Day alot mind you, but Billie seems kinda... hypocritical and douchey.

- The "Oh Love" video promoted a terrible message. I though they were "against" this kinda thing?

- Censoring the trilogy, when last year they made a big fuss about keeping 21st CBD uncensored.

- Like someone before in this forum mentioned. The Dookified renditions are A LOT better than the Trilogy. That dude makes some great music/covers/remakes.

- Kill the DJ sucks bunghole.

- Fuck Angry Birds

- Green Day should play snot-nosed Punk Rock again! Stop with the uniforms and wear some torn jeans and lose t-shirts, OH and smoke pot again! :)

Ah fuck it, I changed my mind. Warning's a great album! Make that "The First 6 records are amazing".

Shut the fuck up, please... What the hell are you doing here if you hate this band so much? Idiot :angry

Guest Just Another Joe

Shut the fuck up, please... What the hell are you doing here if you hate this band so much? Idiot :angry

Jesus, clam down man. I don't hate the band at all, I'm just opinionated about some of the things they do. I still love 'em. And excuse me? I'm an idiot for having opinions you don't agree with? Sounds kinda fucked up, don't you think?

tumblr_lxbc14vmoB1qd8nujo1_500.gif

He's allowed express his opinion. And I've read much worse things in this thread than what he's posted. If you can't handle someone stating why they don't like certain aspects of something you like, then the internet is completely the wrong place for you.

And he wrote a solid few paragraphs worth of text. You responded with a one line answer calling him an idiot. At least TRY to develop your reasons.

Why?

What's bad about some negative criticism? I don't like 21stCB as well as most of the songs from the trilogy, but they're still one of my favourite bands :)

Some negavite criticism is correct. Everyone's got some songs they don't like and things about the band they can't stand its totally normal.

But some people seems to hate them the way they are talking by writting like 20 lines long all the things they hate.

Kill the DJ is one of my favorite songs on ¡Uno!, and probably from the whole trilogy. I really like its sound, and the solo is orgasmic live :)

However, except for some concrete live performances I've been greatly dissappointed on Billie's voice in 2012. I guess (and hope) it's because of the exhausting promotion, little sleep (according to Mike) and rehab thing. I understand his situation and all, but I really hope Billie's voice recorvers its quality from the last tour because I don't even enjoy most 2012 live performances.

Dark Side of Night is lyrically awesome and has some bitchin' harmonies, but I hate that flute. It gives it this cheesy-ass 80's feel.

Here goes.

I love Nightlife

I LOVE how much Billie interacts with the crowds at concerts. Yes, even if it's him saying your city 50 times, saying HEY-OOOHHHH a whole bunch, or anything in between. I love that stuff. I love how much energy they have and how much they interact with the fans.

Lots of people said the constant swearing took away from the effect of the trilogy. I love all the cursing, in a way, it reminds me of Nimrod or Dookie or Green Day doing whatever the fuck they want because that's how they want it. The swearing, to me, is just an ode to that. Hats off to your potty mouth Billie! I fuckin love it!

I think alot of people expected the Trilogy to basically be Dookie remade. I for one, love every song from the trilogy and take them for what they are. If they had tried to remake Dookie, or make another rock opera, people would still be bitching either way. But I'm happy with how they came out. :D

I feel uncomfortable listening to Geek Stink Breath, simply because of its title.

Not exactly the same thing, but the video made me so uncomfortable that every time I hear the song, I think of the video, which means I don't listen to it much.

Here goes.

I love Nightlife

I LOVE how much Billie interacts with the crowds at concerts. Yes, even if it's him saying your city 50 times, saying HEY-OOOHHHH a whole bunch, or anything in between. I love that stuff. I love how much energy they have and how much they interact with the fans.

Lots of people said the constant swearing took away from the effect of the trilogy. I love all the cursing, in a way, it reminds me of Nimrod or Dookie or Green Day doing whatever the fuck they want because that's how they want it. The swearing, to me, is just an ode to that. Hats off to your potty mouth Billie! I fuckin love it!

I think alot of people expected the Trilogy to basically be Dookie remade. I for one, love every song from the trilogy and take them for what they are. If they had tried to remake Dookie, or make another rock opera, people would still be bitching either way. But I'm happy with how they came out. :D

ILoveYou.

Scattered is a perfect song but I guess its a popular opinion since its perfect y'know. :D

I love Walk Away. I don't get why so many people don't like it, in my opinion it's really catchy and uplifting.

I hate Green Day and think they're a terrible terrible band with horrible fans that I wouldn't ever want to associate with.

It's not MY unpopular opinion, but for some reason I just feel that this opinion wouldn't go well on our forum :P

Now for my real stinker of an opinion: I can't listen to any of the albums pre-dookie. I just can't. At all. Ever. :)

I hate Green Day and think they're a terrible terrible band with horrible fans that I wouldn't ever want to associate with.

It's not MY unpopular opinion, but for some reason I just feel that this opinion wouldn't go well on our forum :P

Now for my real stinker of an opinion: I can't listen to any of the albums pre-dookie. I just can't. At all. Ever. :)

Greg where the hell have you been? XD but umm....I can't listen to the trilogy anymore. I really can't. I thought the writing was not as good as it could have been and kinda feel like the guys took the easy way out on writing a very good portion of it.

Greg where the hell have you been? XD but umm....I can't listen to the trilogy anymore. I really can't. I thought the writing was not as good as it could have been and kinda feel like the guys took the easy way out on writing a very good portion of it.

I've been not associating with Green Day fans because I hate all of you SOOOO much.

No but I've been busy and not as much a part of the community as I should've been. I'll make sure to get on chat when I should be asleep again :)

Also, Tre is blatantly the worst of the Trilogy, although not bad IMO

Archived