Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

Inspired by my recent status, I'm probably in the minority in believing that Panic Song is one of the best Green Day songs there is. The fact that you could take a reasonable guess at its name without ever having seen it before. It is excellent at conveying Panic, basically.

(remember to explain your opinion!)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's A Rebel is one of the worst songs Green Day have ever written. People complain about the repetitiveness of songs like Walk Away, but how many fucking times does he sing "She's a rebel" in that fucking song? Adding to that is the fact that the lyrics are essentially the same theme of that of Maria, a far superior song.

i have a few

i dislike most songs on their first two albums and i can count the songs i like off nimrod, insomniac and warning on one hand.

american idiot would have been a better album without she's a rebel. that songs makes me want to slam my head against the wall to the beat

the trilogy is a bit rubbish

Strangeland is far superior than anything on 21st Century Breakdown. Most people just don't see it cause they can't make out the lyrics and you can't find the real lyrics anywhere, just people's shitty interpretations.

I love 21st Century Breakdown, but why the hell do scary emo people like it? Is it really that similar to their music?

I like this thread already

1039 is their best album, 21st is their worst.

Rest is a good song, 21 guns is not.

Strangeland is far superior than anything on 21st Century Breakdown. Most people just don't see it cause they can't make out the lyrics and you can't find the real lyrics anywhere, just people's shitty interpretations.

Yess haha!!

Dos is the worst in the trilogy, there's only three good songs on Tre, and Uno is the best. I don't know what the fuck Green Day was thinking, but they lied to us. They said they were going back to their roots, doing a punk, raw trilogy. Instead, we get an over produced, too-smooth pile of b-side material. I love it, but only live. These recordings are to poppy and smooth for me. Where's that rawness?

1039 is their best album, 21st is their worst.

Rest is a good song, 21 guns is not.

Yess haha!!

I love you.

I don't like Warning. Come on, the songs are slow and boring.

And I also don't like Dookie, fuck me right?! Only two Green Day albums I barely ever listen to.

The beginning of extraordinary girl. Oh why Green Day? God dammit. Absolute low point of AI , imo.

I love KYE. The melody is awesome and I love it when there are little scream parts in songs.

Aaaand. I enjoy Nightlife :P

The trilogy guitar covers from the Dookiefie dude are better than the original and I woul enjoy the trilogy a 13456732 times more if they did them like him.

The song Green Day gives me feels. What happened to the Green Day I love, those stoned kids just playing their music, it was their passion. Now they have nothing else to do. Green Day just needs to get stoned. Also I remember the flipside interview from 1990 where Billie said he didn't have sex, because if he gave in to sex, he'd have nothing to hope for and nothing to write about. That's where we got beautiful songs like 1000 Hours, Dry Ice, 80, 2000 Light Years Away, Going to Pasalacqua. Now Billie has a wife and kids, and he doesn't know that feeling that all teenagers have; that feeling of wanting the person you love. He has Adie now, he doesn't dream every night of what it would be like to love her. THERE"S NO PASSIONATE LOVE SONGS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

And don't say Missing You is a passionate love song. You saw how they came up with it in Quatro. Mike called it an easy-A.

I don't like Warning. Come on, the songs are slow and boring.

And I also don't like Dookie, fuck me right?! Only two Green Day albums I barely ever listen to.

The beginning of extraordinary girl. Oh why Green Day? God dammit. Absolute low point of AI , imo.

I love KYE. The melody is awesome and I love it when there are little scream parts in songs.

Aaaand. I enjoy Nightlife :P

Man, this thread is gonna break out in fights *coughfuckyoucough* :P

Andres, can we get a dislike button over here?

The song Green Day gives me feels. What happened to the Green Day I love, those stoned kids just playing their music, it was their passion. Now they have nothing else to do. Green Day just needs to get stoned. Also I remember the flipside interview from 1990 where Billie said he didn't have sex, because if he gave in to sex, he'd have nothing to hope for and nothing to write about. That's where we got beautiful songs like 1000 Hours, Dry Ice, 80, 2000 Light Years Away, Going to Pasalacqua. Now Billie has a wife and kids, and he doesn't know that feeling that all teenagers have; that feeling of wanting the person you love. He has Adie now, he doesn't dream every night of what it would be like to love her. THERE"S NO PASSIONATE LOVE SONGS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Man, this thread is gonna break out in fights *coughfuckyoucough* :P

Andres, can we get a dislike button over here?

fuck you :P

LOL

thanks for removing the smiley and making me look like I'm serious.

Nightlife is the worst thing they've ever done.

Dos is weak.

Good Riddance shouldn't be the closer anymore.

Jinx sucks

thanks for removing the smiley and making me look like I'm serious.

Sorry, I was having trouble with the quoting, hence my reply above the quotation

Nightlife is the worst thing they've ever done.

Dos is weak.

Good Riddance shouldn't be the closer anymore.

Jinx sucks

Agree

Sorry, I was having trouble with the quoting, hence my reply above the quotation

A

Oh alright

Although I'm sure no one here will diss American Idiot. I think no matter who you are, you've gotta love that album.

I like Nightlife... and the trilogy in general.

Me too. I'm really on the fence with this whole trilogy. Nightlife has got great rap-lyrics, and sick bass, but I would never play it in front of my friends. Billie's lyrics in it suck however. And I wasn't really disappointed with the trilogy, just ... well...maybe. I'm not sure.

- insomniac and 1,039/smoothes out slappy hours are the best green day albums. i like the raw sound both have. i love 1039... for containing some of their best melodys and awesome guitar solos (i mean solos that deserve the word unlike some on american idiot or 21srcbd) and insomniac for containigs some of their best lyrics, having NO guitar solos and the fast paced punk sound and mikes best bass play and sound ever!

- i like christians inferno and are we the waiting because music and lyrics interact pretty well and because they are different!

- dos is the best album out of the trilogy. the average song rating is probably not as strong as on tré, but it works as an very constant and cohesive album. i love the flow of it and that there are no pauses between the songs.

- ashley is the best song of the trilogy. i don't need to say why. just listen to this fucking great tune!

- and: i think john was a good drummer and i think it's very unfair how billie speaks about him and it is even unfairer how fans talk about him in a bad way just because billie does. he helped them a lot in the beginning and i think it was bothed sides who had some fault in the way it ended.

I fucking hate warning..it's just lame..

And they fucked the recording of the Trilogy up..man, I never thought that's even possible.

That is so true! I absolutely love American Idiot, but everytime Extraordinary Girl starts, I'm like "Why?!"... but the rest of the song is great.

Insomniac is an awesome album. You can hear the Californian punk sound, it's a very direct record. It's one of my favorites.

Panic Song, Westbound Sign, Brat, No Pride are awesome songs, they are underrated. Those are my fav from Insomniac !

stuck with me is my fav off insomniac because it's the greatest thing to just be like "kjsal;ghlasgh la;khsdgl;ashg la;shdkgl;as it's alright"

Archived