Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

I know that most people love it, but I just don't. Never have and never will, I think it's annoying and I really don't get what people think is so great about it.

Well this is the unpopular opinions thread, so I understand. Just surprising is all. haha

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I wish Billie would go back to blonde hair without the eyeliner.

2. I wish he wouldn't say the name of the venue so much during songs.

3. They should have been called horseshoes and handgrenades.

4. Most of their best songs are not singles.

5. The producer on the trilogy didn't make it loud or powerful enough.

6. American Idiot can be called a "concept" album with a story line based on fictional characters but it's all real.

Jesus of Suburbia = Billie

St. Jimmy = his "bad" alter ego. The one that took the stage for iheart radio.

Whatsername = Amanda

Underbelly = people of gilman

7. See The Light foreshadows Billie's breakdown and rehab.

5. The producer on the trilogy didn't make it loud or powerful enough.

Same producer for Dookie on up (except for 21st) the different recording style was picked by Billie Mike and Tre

I see the same people hating the trilogy sound but say they want a lo fi live album if the trilogy is so bad than a lo fi live album would be worse for yall... with the exception of vocals it was recorded live in studio

7. See The Light foreshadows Billie's breakdown and rehab.

I disagree. It's been three years since See The Light was released. While it may not seem like much, I'm not sure Billie could foreshadow his experience in rehab that early on. He may have an abuse issue but I highly doubt he had any idea rehab was coming along.

I think Lazy Bones is just ok. I'd much rather listen to Fuck Time, SWTRLF, Baby Eyes, or Wow! That's Loud.

I disagree. It's been three years since See The Light was released. While it may not seem like much, I'm not sure Billie could foreshadow his experience in rehab that early on. He may have an abuse issue but I highly doubt he had any idea rehab was coming along.

Read the Rolling Stone interview. He's written about his problems: "I've been wasted; pills and alcohol" i didnt nessacarly mean rehab.

Same producer for Dookie on up (except for 21st) the different recording style was picked by Billie Mike and Tre

I see the same people hating the trilogy sound but say they want a lo fi live album if the trilogy is so bad than a lo fi live album would be worse for yall... with the exception of vocals it was recorded live in studio

Good point, fair enough. The other albums just sound louder, still like the trilogy though

I don't like the mix on Dookie either though. It's the producers job to push the band to be better and let's face it, Rob is way too close to them to say NO when he needs to. I love the trilogy, but it would have benefited from a stronger mix. A live album for this trilogy will be great though, I see them changing it up a bit.

I don't like the mix on Dookie either though. It's the producers job to push the band to be better and let's face it, Rob is way too close to them to say NO when he needs to. I love the trilogy, but it would have benefited from a stronger mix. A live album for this trilogy will be great though, I see them changing it up a bit.

In most case the producers will make suggestions they wont force the band of course could be Rob has just gotten lazy over the years who can say for sure the Josh Groban cd Rob just produced sounds good

Yeah Jerry Finn to me wasnt a great match even worse was Insomniac where the vocals seems to be buried music wise it was greatly mixed but seems he put the vocals 2-3db lower than the music

I really didn't like the strayheart vid but with Billie being unwell I suppose they couldn't do much else

1. I wish Billie would go back to blonde hair without the eyeliner.

tumblr_m6oaosRkai1qaxdql.gif

The eyeliner I can take or leave, but Jesus I hate it when he's blond, especially in recent years. It washes him out and makes his face look greasy for some reason. There's a 90 percent chance I will walk out of my concert if I show up and that fucker is blond. :lol:

I like the basslines on Dos, I don't think this is too un popular, just not common :P

I like the basslines on Dos, I don't think this is too un popular, just not common :P

Basslines:

Dirty Rotten Bastards > Panic Song > Everything else

Yeah, i like blonde Billie too, for me he looks very good in that way

Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I don't like Redundant. It's probably my least favourite song on Nimrod.
Brutal Love is my least favourite song on Tre.
I really don't like Sweet 16.

As far as blonde Billie i like the secret shows (or least Red 7 Billie)

Here probally unpopular I dont like The Network and hopefully there wont be any more of them

I like blonde Billie but I really love short haired Billie, like in the Macy's Day Parade video.

Basslines:

80, mate, 80.

80>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> eveything else.

80, mate, 80.

Longview, mate, Longview...

I hated it when Billie had all blonde hair, like here.

t8w49h.jpg

He looks so washed out & it really does not do him any justice.

But when it was grown out & cut short, it looks fucking gorgeous on him.

2ni1p2s.jpg

But my favourite will always be black long hair fluffy Billie, because who can resist that?! :P

Basslines:

You know the start of Panic Song is literally one note?

Basslines:

80, mate, 80.

Longview, mate, Longview...

ALL of Mike's best studio bass work was done on the second half of Dookie and Insomniac. Sassafras Roots, In The End, Emenius Sleepus, Stuck With Me, 86, Stuart and the Ave?

From one minute in Emenius Sleepus is the best studio bass Mike's ever done.

Live, and his easily his best work by a mile, 16.

I love Nightlife and don't know why.

Since I heard Tre, it's my fav album so now Warning is the second favorite.

My view is, AI is too 'mainstream' in the fact that there are Green Day 'fans' who only listen to it and 21st. it makes me sick when they've never heard of Insomniac or Nimrod, they're just bandwagon people! out of the trilogy, Dos is the best for me, Uno is all techno, although there are a few goodies in it, and Tre is to Blah Blah, with a few gems in it as well, Dos may have Nightlife (which I don't like, it's not Green Day, it's rap...) but I like the grungy stuff, Makeout Party, F*** Time, even See You Tonight, which is like the old Green Day when they'd have 1 minute songs on an album, like Dookie that has about 3 or 4, 1 minute songs! I hope they stay away from the techno in the future! oh, and Insomniac is the best album, I like it because they didn't know who they were, they were young, dumb, out of control, Teenagers and young adults should be able to connect with it. give props to the old stuff, 1039 and Kerplunk have grown on me! slowly but surely lol

Archived