Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

I hate the sound of the guitars when they play live. They sound like shit compared to the studio. (21st Century Tour - Partial Trilogy Tour)

Now that there is an unpopular opinion.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All 3 trilogy albums lick balls. "Kill the DJ" is one of Green Day's worst songs. And 21CB was a ball-licker as well. American Idiot was the band's last good album, but I agree with everyone, "She's a Rebel" would've been better off not on the album. I think it wouls be okay as a b-side or something though.

I think it's a cool song although i did think Green Day were dead to me when i first heard it, i see it has Uno's version of Misery, a change from their normal style that they pulled off pretty well.

"Kill the DJ" is one of Green Day's worst songs

:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

Insomniac is my least favourite album. A lot of the songs just aren't catchy enough to me except Brain Stew, Walking Contradiction, Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, Brat and Babs Uvula Who.

Westbound Sign and Stuart & The Ave tho.

I think Amy would have been better slightly slowed down though.

ahah i do agree with that 100%

Green Day's fanbase is mostly comprised of people that don't really like Green Day. I mean, the only song from them I like is Dry Ice, everything else is crap.

You don't like piano? I respect your opinion but I mean, what the fuck is wrong with your ears?

No, I meant that I don't like piano on Green Day songs because I'm not use to hear it on a Green Day and at least Little Girl Piano beggining is boring and then the ''power'' part of the songs is also boring not as ¡Viva la Gloria!

Have to agree with Restless Heart Syndrome being a weak song. Seriously Butch Vig, what were you thinking.

I like it :S

I like Tre better, just not for that one song. Who the fuck doesn't like Tre?

I weren't saying i dislike him btw, i think Green Day worked out for the best with him though i do wonder how different/or not at all their music would be if Al hadn't of been replaced.

The recording quality of Awesome as Fuck kind of sucks ass in my opinion.

And Bullet In A Bible has bad video production. Aside from the awesome documentary segments, the filters are annoying and the fact that the entire set wasn't used is incredibly disappointing. That's not how a band should do a live record when taken from one venue.

No, I meant that I don't like piano on Green Day songs because I'm not use to hear it on a Green Day and at least Little Girl Piano beggining is boring and then the ''power'' part of the songs is also boring not as ¡Viva la Gloria!

But Jesus Of Suburbia and BOBD.

I sort of get what we're doing here...I think.

1039 SOSH sucks, the majority of it anyway, a handful of track's are complete gems but the rest isn't that good, same with Kerplunk!, even though it boasts my fave GD song xD I maybe like 5 or 6 songs,plus, No One Knows is over-rated.
I like She's a Rebel and Extraordinary Girl, it's a nice change from the first six songs of singles, I sometimes start American Idiot at No. 7 'cause I've heard the first six SO many times (fuck me, right?).
As for 21st CB, I personally love it, the only song I skip really is KYE (self-explanatory really). RHS is probably my 3rd favourite song on there love it, love the explosion of the song at the end.
The trilogy now, the only songs I skip are Oh Love, See You Tonight, Wild One (tie between that and Oh Love for worst song of the trilogy) and Walk Away. Also, DRB is so overhyped, it should be named "Shoplifter with a bit on the end". I still like the trilogy though, overall it's great!

Guest RedStrokes
All 3 trilogy albums lick balls. "Kill the DJ" is one of Green Day's worst songs. And 21CB was a ball-licker as well. American Idiot was the band's last good album, but I agree with everyone, "She's a Rebel" would've been better off not on the album. I think it wouls be okay as a b-side or something though.
That hurts dude, you don't even like brutal love or makeout party? Those 2 are definitely in my top 10 green day songs. And I stick to my opinion that she's a rebel is badass. ;) By the way fucking cool avatar thingy.

Awesome as Fuck is a much better representation of Green Day that Bullet in a Bible, which has a fucking boring setlist.

yeah but bullet in a bible is still better :mad:

how can restless heart syndrome be the worst song though have you heard the jam at the end like they dropped the fucking bass how can you not orgasm

I agree.

I think it's a cool song although i did think Green Day were dead to me when i first heard it, i see it has Uno's version of Misery, a change from their normal style that they pulled off pretty well.

It wouldn't suck so bad but that "ooooooo" that Billie does at the beginning make me not take it seriously, but it would still suck without that. Oh yeah, "Misery" wasn't that great either.

Archived