Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

What was that quote Billie said around the Warning era about GD's videos not getting played om MTV because they hadn't half-naked girls in them? It's irking me that i can't remember it.

While i'm still not really a fan of the video, yes, i did prefer the playboy one. Ironically, it was actually less trashy.

The quote was 'Our waiting video was a total failure. If we had a booty video - if we had like McG, with girls shaking their asses in the video - it would probably get played. Actually I'm just really bitter right now.

This is exactly the quote I thought of when I saw the oh love video.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quote was 'Our waiting video was a total failure. If we had a booty video - if we had like McG, with girls shaking their asses in the video - it would probably get played. Actually I'm just really bitter right now.

This is exactly the quote I thought of when I saw the oh love video.

I love the Waiting video :unsure: I prefer their older videos to the newer ones, by far. But yes that quote makes utter sense when thinking bout Oh Love... Sadly.

To me a "booty video" would be a video where the girls are there for no artistic reason whatsoever, purely to titilate the viewer, and there's no irony about it. I don't think that applies to the Oh Love video. Whether it's well executed or not I believe there was a clear aim to reflect the lyrics of the song about "sexual tension" as the band put it by showing a stereotypical rock and roll scene of rock stars hanging out with models and sexual tension/temptation in the air. They were playing characters in a tongue in cheek manner to reflect song lyrics, not simply posing with women for no artistic reason.

Not all videos containing provocatively dressed women are "booty videos". Objecting to videos like that isn't the same as objecting to any video containing mild nudity. Green Day's live show contains mild nudity and booty shaking from Billie so I'm not sure why a similar amount from female characters in a music video is such a problem in itself, I don't think Billie's provocative antics have any more artistic merit.

Green Day's live show contains mild nudity and booty shaking from Billie so I'm not sure why a similar amount from female characters in a music video is such a problem in itself, I don't think Billie's provocative antics have any more artistic merit.

Plus in the last tour during King for a Day there were guys in a thong.

Dirty Rotten Bastards being voted the fans' favourite from the trilogy. What. The. Fuck. I'm pretty sure if Green Day released a 6+ minute burst of white noise, Green Day fans would shit themselves into submission saying that the band has created another epic masterpiece in the fashion of JoS. I can't see DRB as anything other than a mess and easily the worst song on Tre.

Also Sex, Drugs and Violence. What is that chorus on about? "English, maths and science, safety in numbers?" Billie's worst lyrics to date and a boring melody.

Dirty Rotten Bastards being voted the fans' favourite from the trilogy. What. The. Fuck. I'm pretty sure if Green Day released a 6+ minute burst of white noise, Green Day fans would shit themselves into submission saying that the band has created another epic masterpiece in the fashion of JoS. I can't see DRB as anything other than a mess and easily the worst song on Tre.

Also Blood Sex and Violence. What is that chorus on about? "English, maths and science, safety in numbers?" Billie's worst lyrics to date and a boring melody.

Blood Sex & violence?! A mixture of Warning & Tre :P

Sex, drugs & violence dude!

Basically, what Hermione said. Plus, that's a quote pulled up from years ago. I don't understand why that just because people are famous, and their quotes are documented, that they aren't allowed to change or to have different opinions than what they've expressed in the past. Maybe Billie and the band are past all that bitterness?

Good point, people are allowed to change their opinions about things over the course of 12 years. Plus that quote is hardly some huge moral stand against "booty videos" anyway. He was just moaning about crappy videos getting played more than his :lol:

Kill the DJ & Fuck Time are great for dancing!

I don't know who could disagree with that!

Blood Sex & violence?! A mixture of Warning & Tre :P

Sex, drugs & violence dude!

Yeah, that one. :lol: So memorable I forgot it's name in favour of my much better song. :P

I agree, I really dislike the lyrics of "Sex Drugs and Violence", that song is my least favourite on iTré! I Don't know if it's such an unpopular opinion, but I've seen many people who love it, so probably.

Ironically, Sex Drugs & Violence is also my least favorite on ¡Tré!. I don't even like Mike's part.

Also Sex, Drugs and Violence. What is that chorus on about? "English, maths and science, safety in numbers?" Billie's worst lyrics to date and a boring melody.

I totally agree.

Why?

My personal opinion of course, but... it's absolutely terrible. :lol: All songs sound alike and none of them (except Lazy Bones and Stray Heart) is anything better than a mediocre B side. I've listened to it once and I've tried various times again, because I thought it might get better, but I couldn't even make it through without always skipping most songs, because they're so awful.

See, I love DRB because of how "broken" it sounds. It sounds like a 6 minute jam session and I for one fucking love it :lol:

Well I think it would be odd of Billie to say.."yeah, I think Tre is a good drummer.." I mean you got support your band mates..but then again..he doesn't say Mike is the best bassist around..hmmm. But nonetheless, I don't think the comment is arrogant in anyway, and if he think Tre is the best drummer then he is totally entitled to his opinion..and not a bad opinion to have if you ask me ;)

He did say something similar about Mike, I think...

I love Fuck Tine live but i think alot of the energy and the fun escapes the studio version

I don't think Lazy Bones is that great but everyone else seems to love it.

I don't get the love for this song either. :)

I don't get the love for this song either. :)

For me, it's the lyrics! They're not that strong, but I can relate so much :D

Such as " I'm too tired to be bored, I'm too bored to be tired " & " Everyone keeps talking & they can't shut the fuck up! " :wub:

Archived