Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

They weren't stolen. I'd be willing to bet that we've heard 90% of that album by now.

I don't think they were stolen either. I was just questioning Insomniac1984's logic.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But also this :D

I see art as being a creative expression of oneself, and an artist someone who has a passion to create art. Therefore it is art to me.

With a song like Drama Queen we know when it was written and what it was intended for (because it was part of the album until it got scratched), so we can say it was from 21stCB sessions. With When It's Time, we know it was part of the AI sessions because it appeared in HLAHG. With Shoplifter, we don't know any of that, and you can't just pull "it's from C&V" out of the air. Well, of course you can, but it's not very wise or credible :P

Wasn't When It's Time written, like, forever ago?

Nightlife is awesome.

I see art as being a creative expression of oneself, and an artist someone who has a passion to create art. Therefore it is art to me.

Couldn't agree more. And in this case it's art that I enjoy and think is really good, which is a nice bonus!

Wasn't When It's Time written, like, forever ago?

Yeah, I think so. But then I remembered that we saw it being recorded on HLAHG... but recorded doesn't mean it was written then. I do believe it was written way before that. Buh I wish I could remember where that info came from...

Yeah, I think so. But then I remembered that we saw it being recorded on HLAHG... but recorded doesn't mean it was written then. I do believe it was written way before that. Buh I wish I could remember where that info came from...

It was written when Billie was 19, can't remember what it was exactly but it was in an early on video interview about the AI musical where he said so, like a 5 minute mini documentary type thing with clips of rehearsing and clips of him and others talking. But yeah he played it in HLAHG, on acoustic guitar in the audio recording that someone at the screening managed to get and post online, and on piano as well apparently. I think at that time we assumed it was new and we only found out it was older when it was used in the musical.

Nope, it's all fabulous :happy:

I know I've said it before, but...bus route. *bangs head on desk repeatedly until it splinters*

I know I've said it before, but...bus route. *bangs head on desk repeatedly until it splinters*

OK I'll give you that one :lol:. The rap itself isn't exactly the greatest rap ever. But I think of it as more some flirty/seductive talking than an attempt at proper rap anyway, and I think it works well enough for the song. Helps that rap in a Green Day song is my dream come true fantasy combination as well haha.

The bassline is pretty boring to be honest. And dead easy.

Kill The DJ and Stay The Night have the best Trilogy basslines, easily. As for Nightlife as a song, Lady Cobra is hardly a brilliant rapper but I think she fulfils her role well. She's hot and has a pretty filthy voice, which I guess is the idea. :lol: The choruses aren't great, though. If the whole song was a bit faster it might be better, but it just seems lethargic in places.

The bass line isn't that brilliant. It fits the song well, but Mike has written better basslines.

OK I'll give you that one :lol:.

.........you actually conceded that a Trilogy lyric is dumb?

IT'S RAGNAROK!!!!!!!

dogs-and-cats-living-together.png

.........you actually conceded that a Trilogy lyric is dumb?

IT'S RAGNAROK!!!!!!!

dogs-and-cats-living-together.png

:lol: The world just imploded! Although no one in Green Day wrote it ;)

I would certainly place Oh Love and Know Your Enemy lower than it, or at least as low as it on my list of most disliked Green Day Songs.

Archived