Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"YEAH! I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING BEST!"

:P

Fair point. I should have known this was coming. :lol:

Is it unpopular that Wild One is one of my favorite songs on the Trilogy?

Not sure in general, but definitely not with me. I love that song. :happy: I was in love with it ever since I heard the Echoplex version of it. It's the guitar sound, and the backing vocals, and I just cant resist singing a long whenever I hear it.

I hate Dominated Love Slave. And Christie Road. Actually, I think Kerplunk is easily their worst album.

Dookie is good, but nowhere near their best album. A bit overrated, in my opinion.

I COULD HUG YOU FOR THIS!

it's actually one of mine too. lots of people seem to hate it though :P

That's why I was wondering. I've seen some call it boring. It's one of the Trilogy songs I actually don't mind the tambourine on (along with Brutal Love and Drama Queen).

Side note: I fail to hear the tambourine on Lazy Bones. Could someone point out where it's most noticeable?

I'm convinced that all that shit about "minions" and, how people talked about how Tre didn't want to hug someone and, faces that they make sometimes for fan pics, like, recently that one with Billie Joe at the airport on his way to the Grammies, even years ago, when those girls met them on that video channel, they barely talked! The band sent the girls on runs for water and whatever else they could think of. The chorus in "Dirty Rotten Bastards" is just like, hidden sarcastic bullshit. They don't care about "fans". They care about social status and, idk, I guess their cars/travel. It's true. I think they get OVERestimated way too much.

That's why I was wondering. I've seen some call it boring. It's one of the Trilogy songs I actually don't mind the tambourine on (along with Brutal Love and Drama Queen).

Side note: I fail to hear the tambourine on Lazy Bones. Could someone point out where it's most noticeable?

To be honest the only trilogy song I've noticed tambourine on is Fuck Time, but I guess I'm not listening hard enough or something..

I'm convinced that all that shit about "minions" and, how people talked about how Tre didn't want to hug someone and, faces that they make sometimes for fan pics, like, recently that one with Billie Joe at the airport on his way to the Grammies, even years ago, when those girls met them on that video channel, they barely talked! The band sent the girls on runs for water and whatever else they could think of. The chorus in "Dirty Rotten Bastards" is just like, hidden sarcastic bullshit. They don't care about "fans". They care about social status and, idk, I guess their cars/travel. It's true. I think they get OVERestimated way too much.

Talk about conspiracy theories...

and didn't you see that Billie Joe recently sold two of his cars?

way to post and then log off :wub:

Beezey, is that you? :lol:

As far as my personal interaction with the band has gone, they are absolutely lovely to their fans. If they don't talk much, it's only because they're trying to get to as many fans as possible, not because they don't care. From my experiences and my friend's experiences, the entire band has never been anything other than awesome to us, so I don't know where you're getting your ideas from :P

My first thought wasn't Beezey it was that poster who wanted that poem about billie ages ago ;)

To be honest the only trilogy song I've noticed tambourine on is Fuck Time, but I guess I'm not listening hard enough or something..

I've noticed it on several, but I hear it most on Fell For You, Wild One, Fuck Time, Troublemaker, Stay the Night, Brutal Love, Kill the DJ, and Drama Queen, to name a few. If you listen for it hard enough, you'll probably hear it. Then you may never be able to unhear it, try as you might.

I've noticed it on several, but I hear it most on Fell For You, Wild One, Fuck Time, Troublemaker, Stay the Night, Brutal Love, Kill the DJ, and Drama Queen, to name a few. If you listen for it hard enough, you'll probably hear it. Then you may never be able to unhear it, try as you might.

Now that you mention it I've heard it on Troublemaker too. I'm not going to search for it though, because of the unhearing thing. :lol:

I keep getting booted off! I just think they are Overestimated anymore. I don't think that they care as much as people would hope to think.

I keep getting booted off! I just think they are Overestimated anymore.

What does that mean exactly "overestimated anymore"

Their music is good but, I mean, I'm pretty certain that, they're not as down to earth or humble or whatever. I mean, I don't think that they put themselves in the catergory as "everyday people", and, they probably are even more judgmental than their stage persona.

Their music is good but, I mean, I'm pretty certain that, they're not as down to earth or humble or whatever. I mean, I don't think that they put themselves in the catergory as "everyday people", and, they probably are even more judgmental than their stage persona.

1. Have you seen Cuatro?

2. Do you have any evidence of this?

3. Of course they're not "everyday people" but only because they're rich and famous. That doesn't mean their general attitude has to have changed, and they've clearly still got a very strong work ethic which is probably indicative of how their fame hasn't gone to their heads.

4. No.

I wish I had personal interactions with the band that I could complain about not being intimate enough. :rolleyes:

^ a little harsh

Not really.

He was very wasted to think the difference between "I" and "we". Guys, is easy to judge someone but we don't really know anything about him. I see no reason to continue the discussion about Iheart.

Yes, heaven forbid we continue to discuss something slightly controversial in the unpopular opinions thread. :rolleyes:

Although he was wasted, in my experiences, people say a lot of stupid, unfiltered things when they're drunk. It's not a matter of not thinking about the difference between two words, it's just a matter of saying the first thing that comes to your mind. You lose that filter that blocks out stupid statements. In my opinion, his "I've been around since..." rant seemed like his response to and defense against the lifeless crowd and what he perceived as a cut set, which both threatened him and made him feel uncomfortable. If he wasn't drunk, he probably wouldn't have said it, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't have thought it. Yes, I know I'll never know his true intent in saying those things, but to me it came off as selfish and immature, regardless of if he said "I" or "we." But the "I" just made it even worse.

You wouldn't happened to be looking for a poem related to billie being around a campfire or something?

I noticed that "I" shit too. I think after "Warning", they were seriously about to be done and, somebody awesome came along and gave them all kinds of awesome ideas and, they took the ideas, ran away with them as their own, got big without saying shit about how they became so awesome again out of nowhere and, got their shitty egos somewhere around that time.

Does Billie have an ego? Yes. Does this mean they stole American Idiot from someone else? Fuck no. What?!

I don't think there's any reason to bother rebutting this person :P They're trolling or on some sort of medication so it's pointless

I'm hoping to see quite a lot of diverse set lists in Australia. I think I'd be bored if they decided to continue their Dookie reunion tour. I liked that they were playing rarities at these recent shows. I want to see more songs like Peacemaker or Rusty James.

Archived