Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

Dark Side of Night is lyrically awesome and has some bitchin' harmonies, but I hate that flute. It gives it this cheesy-ass 80's feel.

What!! I argee it's great and is my favourite hot tubs song but that flute gives it an authentic 60's hippyish feel!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few

-Stray Heart is Mother Mary.Go check out.

-Do Da Da is probably the most underrated song.A shame,as it's amazing.

- The times that passes between FOD and All By Myself is shit.Even if i like songs.

-Dos and Tré will be promoted a second time.IF there was a first one.

I fed up of unpopular oppinions

It's kind of a downer xD some people make reasonable claims, but others seem like they're just hopping on the bandwagon sometimes. Idunno, this thread is sad though.

I've been not associating with Green Day fans because I hate all of you SOOOO much.

No but I've been busy and not as much a part of the community as I should've been. I'll make sure to get on chat when I should be asleep again :)

Also, Tre is blatantly the worst of the Trilogy, although not bad IMO

eh, I agree with you that 1039 and Kerplunk are hard to listen to, but I think that the weakest album would have to go to Dos. Not that it was bad or had duds, but the shining moments on it just weren't as bright as the ones on Uno or Tre, if you know what I mean.

Also, I know you were joking, but I wouldn't blame you for straying from the forums for a while XD

I really love Walking Contradiction. The upbeat rhythm associated with it just makes the song perfect - it's a great and original song. It's always been one of my favourites next to Geek Stink Breath. :)

I'm the only one that love everyone of the Green Day's songs? Particulary When I Come Around, Only Of You, Castaway, Minority, but seriously, for me, they are the best rock band in the whole world

Now for my real stinker of an opinion: I can't listen to any of the albums pre-dookie. I just can't. At all. Ever. :)

But... Kerplunk is probably one of their best albums :mellow:

Also, Tre is blatantly the worst of the Trilogy

tumblr_mgs6584rwC1rt302po2_r1_250.gif

Just a few

-Stray Heart is Mother Mary.Go check out.

- The times that passes between FOD and All By Myself is shit.Even if i like songs.

A similar bassline does not the same song make. Go check out Songwriting 101. That bassline has been around since the 60s.

And do you understand the concept of a "secret song"? Which is the entire point of All By Myself?

But... Kerplunk is probably one of their best albums :mellow:

A similar bassline does not the same song make. Go check out Songwriting 101. That bassline has been around since the 60s.

And do you understand the concept of a "secret song"? Which is the entire point of All By Myself?

There's a reason this thread is called unpopular opinions! At least he's honest.

I hate Welcome to Paradise. There, I said it! I just hate it. I always have.

I've never seen all the fuss about it either, to be honest.

There's a reason this thread is called unpopular opinions! At least he's honest.

True, but they could offer an iota of justification for their opinions :P

I'm not a big fan of the Network, the songs have an odd style I find hard to listen to.

I'm not either. I like Right Hand o Rama, Supermodel Robots, and Roshambo but that it's. And I haven't even listened to those 3 songs in years :lol:

Same, I do love Spike and Reto though.

Its scary to see the amount of people talking shit about their favorite band on that thread :ermm:

the more you love a band, the more you care for the things you dislike about them and are personally disappointed sometimes. if it would just be a band i like a bit, i wouldn't even care. i would listen to the songs i like and that's it.

so if people sometimes heavily critisize some decision shows just how much they care about what green day does. at least thats the case for me...

but to throw a bit positive stuff about green day in which is unpopular:

- b-sides like to much to soon, desensized, favorite son, do da da, rotten and some more are really underrated and better than a lot of stuff from 21stcbd and uno.

- sex, drugs and violence is one of their best trilogy songs. with the right distorted guitar sound and the old billie voice it could be on insomniac.

negative:

- i think it is really pathetic what green day did with platypus. musically it is a good song but to insult a dying man and express your joy about his upcoming death is just sick in my opinion. he might have been an asshole to them, but thats life, you can't love everyone. and then publish it AFTER his death... i think that is cruel as hell. he didn't kill billies family or so...

Spike is one the most amazing songs Green Day/The Network has ever made. I just love it.

I love Walk Away. I don't get why so many people don't like it, in my opinion it's really catchy and uplifting.

I loved it ever since I first heard it. One of the better songs of the triology in my opinion.

I can't stand Missing You and Fell for you. They remind me more of some sort of a boygroup song. Too bubblegumish. Actually, the more I think about it, there are very few songs of the triology that really blow me. Shame. I tried to get into the albums but the fact that I barely listend to them in the past tells me that it didn't work :(

iTRE! is the best of the trilogy by far. iDOS! is decent fun though nothing more, and iUNO! is the most unremarkable record the band has ever written.

The more I think about it, the more this article makes a good point about Green Day's 'boyband' appeal. It's also shows how mainstream Green Day were in 1994 (thus, making the 'oh they sold out because American Idiot got so popular' a huge fallacy).

I love Walk Away. I don't get why so many people don't like it, in my opinion it's really catchy and uplifting.

I love it and find it very uplifting. I also think it would be great live :)

- sex, drugs and violence is one of their best trilogy songs. with the right distorted guitar sound and the old billie voice it could be on insomniac.

negative:

- i think it is really pathetic what green day did with platypus. musically it is a good song but to insult a dying man and express your joy about his upcoming death is just sick in my opinion. he might have been an asshole to them, but thats life, you can't love everyone. and then publish it AFTER his death... i think that is cruel as hell. he didn't kill billies family or so...

I copmpletely agree with these two opinions.

I said it before but Platypus is the most immature song they did. What a shame a good riff ends up with terrible lyrics.

- sex, drugs and violence is one of their best trilogy songs. with the right distorted guitar sound and the old billie voice it could be on insomniac. ...

I think you might be onto something, but I just can't imagine Sex, Drugs and Violence with a Classic Green Day sound. Maybe you should get Daniel to dookify it, and see how it turns out. :)

Adeline is not an indie label it's a Subordinate Label. It's controlled by Warner (a major label), and I don't see any independence with that.

My bad, thought it was an indie. another indie then. Maybe epitaph or Fat Wrechords, more likely they would probably set up their own record label though.

Sometimes I think Green Day playing live some songs are better than the studio ones

That is literally the most popular opinion on this entire forum.

I like Brutal love, but I'm not entirely in love with it since I found out that Billie didn't make it all on his own.

Archived