Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

Guest RedStrokes

Loving this thread :D

1. Neither Dookie nor American idiot is green day's best album, nor near best

2.BRAT IS GREEN DAY's BEST SONG

3. RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME IS GREEN DAY's WORST SONG

4. INSOMNIAC IS GREEN DAY's BEST ALBUM

5. someone already said it, but I think green day is more inspired by pop rather than rock or punk. That's not a bad thing!

6. DOS is easily the best off the trilogy.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really appreciate Last Ride In.... I think it's a great song. It's actually one of my favorites.

And overall I think Kerplunk Is really underrated. It's my favorite album :wub:

Although I'm sure no one here will diss American Idiot. I think no matter who you are, you've gotta love that album.

I didn't like the change at first but you can't deny the qaulity of it, AI is everything 21stcb tried and failed to be.

A couple more..

Dookie is a good album which imo gave us their best singles but it's nothing special compared to most of the other Green Day albums, in fact i'd say it some pointless songs.. Emenius sleeps and saffafras roots are about as pointless as thier stupid titles and i would of much rather Dookie ended up re recorded 409 in your coffee maker and 2000 lightyears away.. i don't get why Haushinka and Don't wanna fall in love which were on the demos didn't make it over those two songs either.

Also, Al Sobrante wasn't shit and the people who love to go around the old yt videos bashing him or making comments like Tre is the beztest which are completly irrelevant to the video are probably the same arselicking annoying fans who tell Billie how much they love him on every single photo he uploads on instagram such as todays one of Martin Luther King! Random rant over.

I don't really like Insomniac much, except a couple of songs in it, and don't think Dookie is that great either. I prefer Kerplunk over those two...

I love Last Ride In and Espionage.

how can restless heart syndrome be the worst song though have you heard the jam at the end like they dropped the fucking bass how can you not orgasm

I don't understand the point of this thread. Can't you just post your opinion in the appropriate threads that already exist or where things like this are being discussed?

That is so true! I absolutely love American Idiot, but everytime Extraordinary Girl starts, I'm like "Why?!"... but the rest of the song is great.

wait, the beggining is the best part of the whole song in my opinion! :lol:

The beginning of extraordinary girl. Oh why Green Day? God dammit. Absolute low point of AI , imo.

That is so true! I absolutely love American Idiot, but everytime Extraordinary Girl starts, I'm like "Why?!"... but the rest of the song is great.

I like the start of Extraordinary Girl :mellow:

I don't understand the point of this thread. Can't you just post your opinion in the appropriate threads that already exist or where things like this are being discussed?

wtf is peoples problems with threads on here? there is no other forum like this... if i don't care for a thread i don't post in it. furthermore alot of people seem to enjoy this thread and it gives you a good overview about what people like besides the stuff the majority cares for.

Guest RedStrokes
how can restless heart syndrome be the worst song though have you heard the jam at the end like they dropped the fucking bass how can you not orgasm
How can you not like she's a rebel? That's some badass shit

I like She's A Rebel, It's one of my favorites off American Idiot. :mellow:

It's probably the worst song on 21stCB, in a tie between KYE/Christians Inferno. That said, the drop D jam at the end is fucking sick.

What? A thread for bashing Green Day, on a Green Day fansite, seems legit xD

Hardly bashing, it's more a thread that shows how varied fans opinions are rather than the opinions we are led to believe that nearly everyone agrees on.

I don't know you anymore. go away. :mellow:

wtf is peoples problems with threads on here? there is no other forum like this... if i don't care for a thread i don't post in it. furthermore alot of people seem to enjoy this thread and it gives you a good overview about what people like besides the stuff the majority cares for.

people love to backseat moderate, and if we brought up an old topic just for a random opnion we would probably get warned for bringing back a dead topic..

how is this thread bashing? it is actually celebrating some very unappreciated stuff and critisizing some general accepted parts of their carreer.

There are a lot of redundant threads (see what I did there). That's why the mods get upset when we start remaking the same threads over and over again.

There are a lot of redundant threads (see what I did there). That's why the mods get upset when we start remaking the same threads over and over again.

ur not a mod u cant tell me what to do

let's get back to bashing our fav band

But dude it's like a shit version of Maria.

But it's nothing like Maria. Musically at least. Even thematically, there's like a really loose thread there.

More opinions:

Know Your Enemy is actually a decent song.

Warning is, musically, their best album.

The Trilogy is the business. Lyrically as well.

Jesus of Suburbia is just a bit overrated.

I don't like Warning. Come on, the songs are slow and boring.

As long as you know that it isn't causal

Loving this thread :D

3. RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME IS GREEN DAY's WORST SONG

6. DOS is easily the best off the trilogy.

3. Heeeell nawh.

6. Agreed!

Exactly! It's like duruduru BADABADA and all and it's gr11

No! It's not for bashing at all, although sadly most of the unpopular opinions people think of are negative

Archived