Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

Who could hate that song?

just trying to create some tension uehehehehehhe

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like When I Come Around! i know people in GDC hate the song, please, stop it guys!

I didn't know anyone disliked that song? I love it too!

I didn't know anyone disliked that song? I love it too!

just kidding hahahah ^^ although i do like Christians Inferno which is a song that people really dislike from what ive heard

I never really was the biggest fan of WICA. I was never really bummed that they didn't play it at my show in '09. However, when they played it Sunday, I realized how great it is and I'm glad they did. So, maybe it's one of those songs that you really need to hear from a different perspective to appreciate it after years of being numb to it from being overplayed on the radio.

I never really was the biggest fan of WICA. I was never really bummed that they didn't play it at my show in '09. However, when they played it Sunday, I realized how great it is and I'm glad they did. So, maybe it's one of those songs that you really need to hear from a different perspective to appreciate it after years of being numb to it from being overplayed on the radio.

The benefit of being a younger fan (me) is that you miss out on the inescapable repetition and redundancy that comes with huge radio hits. When I got into GD during the American Idiot era, Holiday was my jam, but now I rarely listen to it. This experience just gets compounded by being a veteran (or as Billie called it in Rosemont: "vintage") fan.

Shenanigans is arguably better than a few of their studio albums

I really, really dislike Brutal Love. I just find it slow, repetetive, and boring.

When I Come Around is boring as fuck. Probably why Billie changes the lyrics around every now and again.

While I disagree, this reminds me of some Dookie interview where Mike made fun of fans who rock out super hard to WICA in the pit. He was like "The slowest songs get the most hardcore reactions. DUDE! WHEN I COME AROUND!" Like he was judging all the dumb jocks at concerts for thinking *that* was a punk song :lol:

1. Warning Is pure shit. Really boring songs.

2. UNO is bettar than 21at century breakdown and insomniac

The benefit of being a younger fan (me) is that you miss out on the inescapable repetition and redundancy that comes with huge radio hits. When I got into GD during the American Idiot era, Holiday was my jam, but now I rarely listen to it. This experience just gets compounded by being a veteran (or as Billie called it in Rosemont: "vintage") fan.

I mean, I'm not a Gen Xer so I wasn't old enough to remember Dookie, Insomniac or Nimrod coming out. I actually have more of that tiredness with BOBD and other AI songs, like you. But for some reason, WICA must test really well on radio stations in my area because it's played all the time still. Not just rock, but the Hot AC ones, which I listened to the most as a kid/teen before I got into rock music more. I seriously think I hear it more than Good Riddance.

I mean, I'm not a Gen Xer so I wasn't old enough to remember Dookie, Insomniac or Nimrod coming out. I actually have more of that tiredness with BOBD and other AI songs, like you. But for some reason, WICA must test really well on radio stations in my area because it's played all the time still. Not just rock, but the Hot AC ones, which I listened to the most as a kid/teen before I got into rock music more. I seriously think I hear it more than Good Riddance.

Since I only use my iPod, I'll be happy anytime Green Day gets free promotion.

Do you hear a lot of The Black Keys?

I've only ever been jaded (pun intended) to the American Idiot singles. And I've mostly grown out of that feeling. In fact, "Wake Me Up When September Ends" has become one of my favorite Green Day songs, and up until "Brutal Love" and "Amy" I thought it was their best ballad so far.

Shenanigans is really great in my opinion, but better than their studio albums? I think what that album has going for it is it's silly vibe; it's a Green Day album that isn't trying to really be anything. It's got some killer songs, yes, but it lacks the cohesion and solidity of a true studio effort. I love it to death, but I see why it's not a full release (although that has nothing to do with the quality of the song writing).

Shenanigans is really great in my opinion, but better than their studio albums? I think what that album has going for it is it's silly vibe; it's a Green Day album that isn't trying to really be anything. It's got some killer songs, yes, but it lacks the cohesion and solidity of a true studio effort. I love it to death, but I see why it's not a full release (although that has nothing to do with the quality of the song writing).

For me at least, I value GD's rare releases much more than their normal songs. Maria, Shoplifter, and Suffocate are all among my favorite Green Day songs. On the contrary, I believe that for many of the songs from their LP's, if they were switched with a rare song, would seem better simply by that token. It's all perspective. In the case of Shenanigans, it's cool to hear this other, goofier, more entertaining side of the band, yet it would not hold its own as an official LP in the way that even Warning has done.

I wouldn't necessarily say better, but I always thoroughly enjoy listening to Shenanigans and I think they should play a couple of those songs more often live. Rotting is one of my favorite Green Day songs, and I think Desensitized would be absolutely kick ass live.

I wouldn't necessarily say better, but I always thoroughly enjoy listening to Shenanigans and I think they should play a couple of those songs more often live. Rotting is one of my favorite Green Day songs, and I think Desensitized would be absolutely kick ass live.

Oh fuck. Desensitized would be absolutely siiiiiiccckkkk. I'd also love to here Sick of Me live, that song has great energy.

I really like When I Come Around! i know people in GDC hate the song, please, stop it guys!

WHAT? Everybody loves it!

Oh fuck. Desensitized would be absolutely siiiiiiccckkkk. I'd also love to here Sick of Me live, that song has great energy.

They need to play it right at the end when they usually wreck their gear before Good Riddance.

Don't get me wrong, Shenanigans has a lot of good songs on it and I like it a lot, but when people say it's better than any of their proper albums I think they must be crazy :P. Some cool b-sides slapped together with a few decent covers doesn't anywhere near stack up to any of their proper carefully crafted albums.

To be fair I fully believe that in Billie's now near 20-year acting career ( :P ) he has progressed from offensively bad to simply really bad :D I think he was passable in Nurse Jackie and could probably pull off the AI movie because he is very good at the musical theater type of acting.

Oh I agree, he absolutely shone acting on stage so I'd love to see that. And I quite enjoyed seeing him die in Nurse Jackie :D

Mike is terribly underrated.He has produced some of the greatest basslines but he does not get much credit for them.In 70% of Green Day songs we don't hear a bass guitar sound.This is sad because that man can write the most epic bassline ever even when he's stoned on alcohol/drugs.I hope Mike gets more respect.I'm not saying he does not get it at all, but I want to see a bit more.To be honest, Mike's Bass Skills>Tre's Drumming Skills>Billie's Vocal Skills>Billie's Guitar skills>Jason's Guitar skills :bunny:

*Just an opinion, don't be rude please.*

I agree with you, but if anything a lot of people do at least acknowledge Mike's awesome bass playing.

I'd say Billie's underrated as a rhythm guitarist. Soloing really isn't his thing (he's competent, as is Jason, that's about it) but, boy, can he strum. American Idiot, Hitchin' a Ride, Brain Stew, even Know Your Enemy? Yes, they're only a few chords at most, but they sound bloody gorgeous.

Mike is terribly underrated.He has produced some of the greatest basslines but he does not get much credit for them.In 70% of Green Day songs we don't hear a bass guitar sound.This is sad because that man can write the most epic bassline ever even when he's stoned on alcohol/drugs.I hope Mike gets more respect.I'm not saying he does not get it at all, but I want to see a bit more.To be honest, Mike's Bass Skills>Tre's Drumming Skills>Billie's Vocal Skills>Billie's Guitar skills>Jason's Guitar skills :bunny:

*Just an opinion, don't be rude please.*

I agree with you, but if anything a lot of people do at least acknowledge Mike's awesome bass playing.

I'd say Billie's underrated as a rhythm guitarist. Soloing really isn't his thing (he's competent, as is Jason, that's about it) but, boy, can he strum. American Idiot, Hitchin' a Ride, Brain Stew, even Know Your Enemy? Yes, they're only a few chords at most, but they sound bloody gorgeous.

lol this post was not from me.A friend posted it.But I stand by whatever was written in there

be honest, Mike's Bass Skills>Tre's Drumming Skills>Billie's Vocal Skills>Billie's Guitar skills>Jason's Guitar skills :bunny:

*Just

I strongly disagree with this but won't be rude!! ;) Mike has some great lines and we know he is good but i'm a guitarist first, bassist 2nd, some of Mikes best lines like longview and No one knows are challenging but don't take to long to master, i've been trying to learn Billie's solo's from the first album for years and out of the hard ones have only managed to learn Knowledge and judges Daughter well. The Majority of Green Days material don't show what a great guitarist Billie is like the first album the the trilogy. I think you rate Tre a bit highly in this list as well, he is a solid drummer but i'm yet to be convinced that he's one of the greats in pop punk like alot of people here beleive, when i look at other big pop punk bands i've listened to i would say Stevo 32 and Travis (who i think is a massive knob) are the best imo and i don't think Tre comes close, that's not to say he's not great though..!

I strongly disagree with this but won't be rude!! ;) Mike has some great lines and we know he is good but i'm a guitarist first, bassist 2nd, some of Mikes best lines like longview and No one knows are challenging but don't take to long to master, i've been trying to learn Billie's solo's from the first album for years and out of the hard ones have only managed to learn Knowledge and judges Daughter well. The Majority of Green Days material don't show what a great guitarist Billie is like the first album the the trilogy. I think you rate Tre a bit highly in this list as well, he is a solid drummer but i'm yet to be convinced that he's one of the greats in pop punk like alot of people here beleive, when i look at other big pop punk bands i've listened to i would say Stevo 32 and Travis (who i think is a massive knob) are the best imo and i don't think Tre comes close, that's not to say he's not great though..!

It's not allways about hiw hard it is to play, it's also about the actual bassline, not everyone could write one as good as Longview and No One Knows. Plus, bass is a lot easier than guitar, not allways but mostly.

Archived