Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

To be fair, it's a line in a pretty great teen movie :P

Debatable :P. Although my main issue is the boringness of the name.

tbf it probably wasn't named ejn because of juno haha. i'm pretty sure it's a common saying

Billie said it was! The song was called March Of The Dogs, in reviews and pictures of the tracklisting it was called that. And then they changed it at the last minute and when asked why Billie said it was because he watched Juno and liked that phrase in it. March Of The Dogs is so much better! Damn his love of teen movies.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debatable :P. Although my main issue is the boringness of the name.

Billie said it was! The song was called March Of The Dogs, in reviews and pictures of the tracklisting it was called that. And then they changed it at the last minute and when asked why Billie said it was because he watched Juno and liked that phrase in it. March Of The Dogs is so much better! Damn his love of teen movies.

oop, fair enough hahaha. i can't complain though i love juno!!! and march of the dogs is the name of a decent(ish) sum 41 song, so.. ejn is a much better name imo.

oop, fair enough hahaha. i can't complain though i love juno!!! and march of the dogs is the name of a decent(ish) sum 41 song, so.. ejn is a much better name imo.

Yeah I heard it was a Sum 41 song. But I didn't know that at the time so I don't care haha.

Yeah I heard it was a Sum 41 song. But I didn't know that at the time so I don't care haha.

Quite ironic that they weren't willing to borrow a song title from an album that was complete ripoff of American Idiot :lol:

Legitimately still annoyed that EJN is named after a line in a teen movie instead of having that cool name.

I think maybe a possible reason is that "March of the Dogs" is too close to NIN's "March of the Pigs".

Legitimately still annoyed that EJN is named after a line in a teen movie instead of having that cool name.

March of the Dogs sounds like a bad Anti-Flag song title if you ask me. It sounds pretentious and overworked and like they're trying to make a political statement and falling on their face.

And Juno is a hella rad movie if for no other reason than Michael Cera

Me too, I have just spoken about what the band have said about those tapes. In my opinion, C&V is just The Network's record. There are some weird contradictions about what happened to those tapes.

Just a guess: We have known that in C&V sessions the band had around 20 songs. So....

The Network Record has 13 songs plus a Misfits cover, so there 14 songs. Then add Too much too soon and Cigarettes & Valentines, Shoplifter and Walk away (Which is not really clear, it's a rumour or whatever). As a conclusion we have 18 songs, so could be really plausible those songs are the vast part of the "missing songs" from C&V sessions.

The most probable thing is.... we'll never know it. We could discuss the facts, the dates, the similarities in sound with certain demos, etc, etc.eternally without having an official or absolute truth.

I HIGHLY doubt Money Money has anything to do with Cigarettes and Valentines at all. I mean does that really sound like what you think Green Day was gonna release after Warning? And the song C&V sounds nothing like The Network. And I also don't believe the Walk Away we know is from C&V, it's not really my favorite or anything but it does sound like it was written for the trilogy, it fits right in, especially on Tre.

I always thought it was from Breakdown :confused:

I thought it was from the trilogy. How silly of me. :huh:

I thought it was from the trilogy. How silly of me. :huh:

At this point I'm pretty doubtful anything is truly from the Trilogy :lol:

I always thought it was from Breakdown :confused:

i dont think Walk Away would fit 21CB.. i think there was something about Carpe Diem being on C&V too

But like, are these rumors just based off their sound? Because that's pretty silly, seeing as C&V is the only song we can 100% confirm was from that CD.

i dont think Walk Away would fit 21CB

That'll be why they didn't include it on 21CB, if it was indeed recorded in those sessions.

But like, are these rumors just based off their sound? Because that's pretty silly, seeing as C&V is the only song we can 100% confirm was from that CD.

Not sure about C&V specifically, but they've been doing a few songs from the Trilogy for a while. Most notably Stay The Night, Fuck Time and 8th Avenue Serenade, but obviously none of those are from C&V.

Where does this rumor that Walk Away is from C&V originate, anyway?

A djrossstar did a interview with Mike back in 2010/2011 and he asked Mike about C&V and Mike named a few songs and he mentioned a Walk Away

But other than that we have no evidence that the one on Tre is the same that was for C&V

Wake Me Up When September Ends - my least favorite from American Idiot

Oh Love gets so much stick partly because it's a terrible single. It's one of those songs that's really not very good in isolation. It takes far too long to get going, doesn't really have any energy apart from the solo, and the video is awful. In the context of the album it works really well though, and seems like a much better song. But it's not worth listening to Uno all the way through just for the sake of making an average song sound a bit better.

For that reason, I have trouble listening to Whatsername and See the Light on their own (still better than Oh Love, though)

Archived