Unpopular Green Day Opinions

Kayfabe

Have to agree with Restless Heart Syndrome being a weak song. Seriously Butch Vig, what were you thinking.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I would like to say the dissatisfaction with the trilogy is actually universal and not unpopular at all.

1) wake me up when September ends is shit. It's emotional and sweet, yes, but I heard it so much on the radio when I was younger that it bores the crap out of me and is my least favorite song if American Idiot. Also it reminds me of snow patrol. I hate snow patrol.

2) Nightlife is amazing. It's slick and the combination of Billie Joe's vocals and Mike's bass is ear sex. Lady Cobra's rapping is alright, too.

3) Tre's dirty little skits (ie dominated love slave and all by myself) aren't that funny.

4) At the expense of sounding like an idiotic fangirl: Billie Joe was at his most attractive stage during the dookie era. American Idiot onwards his look was overly polished.

5) American Idiot is not THAT over produced. In fact, I think it struck the right balance, which is why I can't fault the album (apart from WMUWSE). As much as I love 21CB, I have to be honest and say it did sound squeaky clean, but that kind of suited the concept of the album.

6) They should write an album full of tracks in the vein of Misery.

I'll try to think of some more...

Kerplunk is one of the weakest albums, despite it having some gems in there.

Nightlife is actually a really good song.

Brain Stew is one of the worst songs.

Minority is a really repetitive song which i wouldn't care if i never heard it live again.

I really appreciate Last Ride In.... I think it's a great song. It's actually one of my favorites.

And overall I think Kerplunk Is really underrated. It's my favorite album :wub:

Last Ride In and Haushinka are my favorite from Nimrod.

Kerplunk is my favorite GD album of all time.

important one

i find tre's antics during interviews a bit tiring and redundant and completely not hilarious and he is 40

Their Eye of the Tiger cover isn't that good.

It's wonderful. Baaanaaananaa.

Guest RedStrokes
But it's nothing like Maria. Musically at least. Even thematically, there's like a really loose thread there. More opinions: Know Your Enemy is actually a decent song. Warning is, musically, their best album. The Trilogy is the business. Lyrically as well. Jesus of Suburbia is just a bit overrated.
:o gasp................ Jesus of suburbia is OVERRATED????????!!!!!!!!!! My god first time I've heard that, I think it's extremely underrated........ Opinions, opinions god I hate that everyone has one.......

I hate ''Rest'', it's honestly one of the worst songs they've done.

¡Dos! was the worst one of the trilogy. ¡Tre! the best.

21 Guns is absolutely overrated in comparison to anything else they've done.

I like the Shenanigans compilation better than the Warning album (this one actually depends on my mood, but in general, I prefer Shenanigans)

:$

She's a rebel is one of my favorite songs on American Idiot, along with St Jimmy and American idiot. I really like Nightlife, Warning id one of my favorite Green Day albums.

Billie Joe is old. He needs to stop wearing makeup. it's his fault everyone thinks Green Day is a bunch of gay emo dudes.

And I play KYE all the time, it gives me something to tap my fingers to when I do my homework, but doesn't overly distract me like good music does

and Stray Heart is the second best song of the trilogy, under Loss of Control

I think it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Billie's practically making fun of it - listen the way he sings

:o gasp................ Jesus of suburbia is OVERRATED????????!!!!!!!!!! My god first time I've heard that, I think it's extremely underrated........ Opinions, opinions god I hate that everyone has one.......

Just a bit overrated. It grew a bad taste in my mouth when people started referring to it as some sort of lyrical high point for the band. It's a fantastic song, but I think the worship for it has gone a little overboard.

Billie needs to learn the fucking lyrics (Not that they cover that one anymore anyways)

except they totally are gay emo dudes maaaaannnn

I think it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Billie's practically making fun of it - listen the way he sings

i think his post wasn't meant to be taken seriously but ok

I hate ''Rest'', it's honestly one of the worst songs they've done.

¡Dos! was the worst one of the trilogy. ¡Tre! the best.

21 Guns is absolutely overrated in comparison to anything else they've done.

:$

I'll be honest, all of those are popular Green Day opinions.

The more you dislike and purposely misinterpret Green Day's songs, the more you're accepted in the fasebase. If you say something like, "lol jesus of suburbia is the weakest song they've ever made lol !!!111." You'll get a lot of likes.

All the fanboys go nuts for it, regardless. It's just not that good.

I ACTUALLY LOVE 21 GUNS AND EJSUS OF SUBURABI

Ejsus! Ejsus is coming! The second coming of Ejsus!

Oh no! The Suburabis, over in Suburabia, they've taken Ejsus hostage!

LOL MIDDLE EAST JOKES

Archived