Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

Unpopular Green Day Opinions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12133 replies to this topic

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,296 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,842 rep

POPULAR

Inspired by my recent status, I'm probably in the minority in believing that Panic Song is one of the best Green Day songs there is. The fact that you could take a reasonable guess at its name without ever having seen it before. It is excellent at conveying Panic, basically.

(remember to explain your opinion!)

• Eldoon, spark in the night, frankoz and 31 others like this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,797 rep

POPULAR

Ohh here we go. :lol:

1) Take Back is one of the best songs on Nimrod. Love that simple, powerful riff & the raw guitar tone. I don't know why Platypus is seen as the "angry" Green Day song, I mean, the music actually sounds upbeat in places. It's like, a fun song to take the piss out of all the really outrageous thoughts you concoct when you're annoyed, while Take Back is the real shit. It IS anger, not poking fun at it.

2) Green Day plays pop music. Call it rock, call it punk, call it alternative, but "pop" needs to proceed those genres. The guys themselves I believe are true punk rock n' rollers, but the music they make (in general) has a bigger pop influence than that's usually credited.

• Eldoon, Tubbie Head, Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap and 23 others like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,010 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,732 rep

POPULAR

She's A Rebel is one of the worst songs Green Day have ever written. People complain about the repetitiveness of songs like Walk Away, but how many fucking times does he sing "She's a rebel" in that fucking song? Adding to that is the fact that the lyrics are essentially the same theme of that of Maria, a far superior song.

• Insomniac1984, Lady_Rufus, Riotgrrl_GD and 11 others like this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 26,391 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,881 rep

i have a few

i dislike most songs on their first two albums and i can count the songs i like off nimrod, insomniac and warning on one hand. 

american idiot would have been a better album without she's a rebel. that songs makes me want to slam my head against the wall to the beat

the trilogy is a bit rubbish

• Jace Peterson likes this

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

POPULAR

Strangeland is far superior than anything on 21st Century Breakdown. Most people just don't see it cause they can't make out the lyrics and you can't find the real lyrics anywhere, just people's shitty interpretations.

I love 21st Century Breakdown, but why the hell do scary emo people like it? Is it really that similar to their music?

I like this thread already

• Kerplunk!!!, armatage, Neon Light and 7 others like this

Kerplunk!!!

Kerplunk!!!
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2005
  • 82 rep

POPULAR

1039 is their best album, 21st is their worst.

Rest is a good song, 21 guns is not.

Strangeland is far superior than anything on 21st Century Breakdown. Most people just don't see it cause they can't make out the lyrics and you can't find the real lyrics anywhere, just people's shitty interpretations.

Yess haha!!

• Nemo., *dry_ice*, Todd and 5 others like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

POPULAR

Dos is the worst in the trilogy, there's only three good songs on Tre, and Uno is the best. I don't know what the fuck Green Day was thinking, but they lied to us. They said they were going back to their roots, doing a punk, raw trilogy. Instead, we get an over produced, too-smooth pile of b-side material. I love it, but only live. These recordings are to poppy and smooth for me. Where's that rawness?

1039 is their best album, 21st is their worst.

Rest is a good song, 21 guns is not.

Yess haha!!

I love you.

• Anja, lucatotti, Rumpelstiltskin and 2 others like this

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• 4,036 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,011 rep

POPULAR

I don't like Warning. Come on, the songs are slow and boring. 

And I also don't like Dookie, fuck me right?! Only two Green Day albums I barely ever listen to.

The beginning of extraordinary girl. Oh why Green Day? God dammit. Absolute low point of AI , imo. 

I love KYE. The  melody is awesome and I love it when there are little scream parts in songs. 

Aaaand. I enjoy Nightlife :P

The trilogy guitar covers from the Dookiefie dude are better than the original and I woul enjoy the trilogy a 13456732 times more if they did them like him. 

• Nemo., icyfire34, Harry Potter. and 2 others like this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 26,391 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,881 rep
an over produced, too-smooth pile of b-side material. 

<3

and not the good b-sides either

• Todd likes this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

POPULAR

The song Green Day gives me feels. What happened to the Green Day I love, those stoned kids just playing their music, it was their passion. Now they have nothing else to do. Green Day just needs to get stoned. Also I remember the flipside interview from 1990 where Billie said he didn't have sex, because if he gave in to sex, he'd have nothing to hope for and nothing to write about. That's where we got beautiful songs like 1000 Hours, Dry Ice, 80, 2000 Light Years Away, Going to Pasalacqua. Now Billie has a wife and kids, and he doesn't know that feeling that all teenagers have; that feeling of wanting the person you love. He has Adie now, he doesn't dream every night of what it would be like to love her. THERE"S NO PASSIONATE LOVE SONGS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

And don't say Missing You is a passionate love song. You saw how they came up with it in Quatro. Mike called it an easy-A.

I don't like Warning. Come on, the songs are slow and boring. 

And I also don't like Dookie, fuck me right?! Only two Green Day albums I barely ever listen to.

The beginning of extraordinary girl. Oh why Green Day? God dammit. Absolute low point of AI , imo. 

I love KYE. The  melody is awesome and I love it when there are little scream parts in songs. 

Aaaand. I enjoy Nightlife :P

Man, this thread is gonna break out in fights *coughfuckyoucough* :P

Andres, can we get a dislike button over here?

• thatdude03, Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap, InvaderPhantom and 6 others like this

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,036 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,011 rep
The song Green Day gives me feels. What happened to the Green Day I love, those stoned kids just playing their music, it was their passion. Now they have nothing else to do. Green Day just needs to get stoned. Also I remember the flipside interview from 1990 where Billie said he didn't have sex, because if he gave in to sex, he'd have nothing to hope for and nothing to write about. That's where we got beautiful songs like 1000 Hours, Dry Ice, 80, 2000 Light Years Away, Going to Pasalacqua. Now Billie has a wife and kids, and he doesn't know that feeling that all teenagers have; that feeling of wanting the person you love. He has Adie now, he doesn't dream every night of what it would be like to love her. THERE"S NO PASSIONATE LOVE SONGS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Man, this thread is gonna break out in fights *coughfuckyoucough* :P

Andres, can we get a dislike button over here?

fuck you :P 

• stan the harmonica man, Harry Potter. and Todd like this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 26,391 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,881 rep

be nice!!!!  :angry

• IdiotKid likes this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

LOL

fuck you

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,036 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,011 rep

POPULAR

LOL

thanks for removing the smiley and making me look like I'm serious. 

• chewychorizo, GrouchChump, Carrie. and 3 others like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

I think John's drumming on Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? is a lot better than Tre's

• purplebenny likes this

Advertising

nah

nah
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Joined Apr 10, 2009
  • 796 rep

Nightlife is the worst thing they've ever done.

Dos is weak.

Good Riddance shouldn't be the closer anymore.

Jinx sucks

• Mar, Bosils and Sanket like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep
thanks for removing the smiley and making me look like I'm serious. 

Sorry, I was having trouble with the quoting, hence my reply above the quotation

Nightlife is the worst thing they've ever done.

Dos is weak.

Good Riddance shouldn't be the closer anymore.

Jinx sucks

Agree

• Bosils likes this

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,036 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,011 rep

Sorry, I was having trouble with the quoting, hence my reply above the quotation

A

Oh alright

TheHolidayer

TheHolidayer
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2013
  • 25 rep

POPULAR

I like Nightlife... and the trilogy in general.

• Spider Tre, thatdude03, Jimmy Strummer and 21 others like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

Although I'm sure no one here will diss American Idiot. I think no matter who you are, you've gotta love that album. 

I like Nightlife... and the trilogy in general.

Me too. I'm really on the fence with this whole trilogy. Nightlife has got great rap-lyrics, and sick bass, but I would never play it in front of my friends. Billie's lyrics in it suck however. And I wasn't really disappointed with the trilogy, just ... well...maybe. I'm not sure.

• TheHolidayer likes this

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 485 rep

POPULAR

- insomniac and 1,039/smoothes out slappy hours are the best green day albums. i like the raw sound both have. i love 1039...  for containing some of their best melodys and awesome guitar solos (i mean solos that deserve the word unlike some on american idiot or 21srcbd) and insomniac for containigs some of their best lyrics, having NO guitar solos and the fast paced punk sound and mikes best bass play and sound ever!

- i like christians inferno and are we the waiting because music and lyrics interact pretty well and because they are different!

- dos is the best album out of the trilogy. the average song rating is probably not as strong as on tré, but it works as an very constant and cohesive album. i love the flow of it and that there are no pauses between the songs.

- ashley is the best song of the trilogy. i don't need to say why. just listen to this fucking great tune!

- and: i think john was a good drummer and i think it's very unfair how billie speaks about him and it is even unfairer how fans talk about him in a bad way just because billie does. he helped them a lot in the beginning and i think it was bothed sides who had some fault in the way it ended.

• Kerplunk!!!, chrism17, Sika and 4 others like this

RiseDay

RiseDay
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2012
  • 139 rep

I fucking hate warning..it's just lame..

And they fucked the recording of the Trilogy up..man, I never thought that's even possible.

• Shes_A_Rebel13 likes this

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,716 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,796 rep

POPULAR

That is so true! I absolutely love American Idiot, but everytime Extraordinary Girl starts, I'm like "Why?!"... but the rest of the song is great.

• Mar, Tabeeb, Bosils and 4 others like this

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,415 rep

POPULAR

Insomniac is an awesome album. You can hear the Californian punk sound, it's a very direct record. It's one of my favorites.

Panic Song, Westbound Sign, Brat, No Pride are awesome songs, they are underrated. Those are my fav from Insomniac !

• Billie Hoe is my hero, karma1215, Spider Tre and 7 others like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,288 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,455 rep

This thread will be full of likes

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 26,391 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,881 rep

POPULAR

stuck with me is my fav off insomniac because it's the greatest thing to just be like "kjsal;ghlasgh la;khsdgl;ashg la;shdkgl;as it's alright"

• The Snark, Spider Tre, Tabeeb and 7 others like this

Guest_RedStrokes_*

Guest_RedStrokes_*
  • Joined --
  • 0 rep
Loving this thread :D

1. Neither Dookie nor American idiot is green day's best album, nor near best

2.BRAT IS GREEN DAY's BEST SONG

3. RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME IS GREEN DAY's WORST SONG

4. INSOMNIAC IS GREEN DAY's BEST ALBUM

5. someone already said it, but I think green day is more inspired by pop rather than rock or punk. That's not a bad thing!

6. DOS is easily the best off the trilogy.

Edited by GreenStrokes, 21 January 2013 - 04:08 PM.

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,064 rep

I really appreciate Last Ride In.... I think it's a great song. It's actually one of my favorites.

And overall I think Kerplunk Is really underrated. It's my favorite album :wub:

• Scottman, michappell31 and @thelibrary like this

Kerplunk!!!

Kerplunk!!!
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2005
  • 82 rep
Although I'm sure no one here will diss American Idiot. I think no matter who you are, you've gotta love that album. 

I didn't like the change at first but you can't deny the qaulity of it, AI is everything 21stcb tried and failed to be.

A couple more..

Dookie is a good album which imo gave us their best singles but it's nothing special compared to most of the other Green Day albums, in fact i'd say it some pointless songs.. Emenius sleeps and saffafras roots are about as pointless as thier stupid titles and i would of much rather Dookie ended up re recorded 409 in your coffee maker and 2000 lightyears away.. i don't get why Haushinka and Don't wanna fall in love which were on the demos didn't make it over those two songs either.

Also, Al Sobrante wasn't shit and the people who love to go around the old yt videos bashing him or making comments like Tre is the beztest which are completly irrelevant to the video are probably the same arselicking annoying fans who tell Billie how much they love him on every single photo he uploads on instagram such as todays one of Martin Luther King! Random rant over.

• Mar likes this

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,460 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,889 rep

I don't really like Insomniac much, except a couple of songs in it, and don't think Dookie is that great either. I prefer Kerplunk over those two...

I love Last Ride In and Espionage. 

• Satan and Gabriella_ like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users