Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

Faith and hope completely lost . This is so fucking disappointing and lost cause maybe? IDK. Well like I said what was the point of the trilogy now? It's now a fucking joke that should not exist no matter how damn good it is. They should've never made those three great albums, instead they should have make a simply tour with Greatest Hits in that case.

I loved when they came to my city in El Paso, TX. Why? well duh it's Green Day my favorite band, did I like it yes? but that doesn't exempt them from playing disappointing setlists.

Yet again if the trilogy didn't sell is because of promotion/marketing. Making more videos, releasing singles, commercials etc could've helped. Did they do some of that? Absolutely NOT.

I would really like to know from themselves What the fuck is wrong with the setlist, an explanation, press conference, interviews the hell I know something that clear this officially.

I'm even thinking that if there's a second leg, it will be this boring ass disappointing...

Sorry if I sound really harsh, but even the things I'm fan of can disappoint me and maybe others IDK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pyro, the big screens with cool images ,

The catwalk. The 21cb spray painted boards that were at each side of the stage.

T shirt guns

Water guns

( Ano they still do this but it's been done and worn out)

And the setlist

When 21cb came out they did a few shows with the full album then a few hits

Then the general set they had around 6 album tracks and the general hits then started adding old rate tracks burnout ect which was refreshing as it was years since they played. Fuck in Glasgow the did waiting and stuff

Now not so refreshing as its still the same "rare" old ones that makes them not so rare.

They did more trilogy songs before any the albums were out haha

The standard old songs (Burnout, 2000LYA, Geek Stink Breath, F.O.D...) are still better than 95% of the trilogy songs which is why I'm okay with the setlist at the moment. I still get your point though and I want them to play OTHER songs they have rarely played like they did in Costa Rica for example. I'm talking about I Was There and Road Acceptance, good stuff! What about I Want To Be Alone, Private Ale, Having A Blast, Westbound Sign, Worry Rock or Jackass? To name only one from each album...

I want them to be brave. They could easily drop King For A Day or Longview for example as well... Sadly, I doubt that is every gonna happen, but oh well...

Problem is the general set list structure has been same since international super hits era

The king for a day segment is worn out. No needed play it. Same with st jimmy I mean why ?

I'll be seeing them in a couple of days in Belgrade, I'm so stoked!! However, I dislike the fact they only play 7 songs or so from the trilogy, when they should be singing at least 10 or 12 considering the fact they're easy to play and shorter. Also, there are too many American Idiot songs and Dookie ones. Even though, I haven't seen them live yet, so I am happy to hear old stuff, they should focus more on the new stuff. They played 15 new songs before Uno! Dos! Tre! were out and now there are less than half on the setlist. I hope they would have changed the list for Europe (e.g. play Kill The DJ which was released around Europe)

They should play by rotation more from the trilogy because they are not that hard to play, so it's not like it would be too complicated to remember from one date to another. Also, hey could add more material from 1995-2000 (and keep King For A Day out for a while) and just play a couple of hits from Dookie, AI and 21stCB.

I'm only gonna say that as I can see it is completely lost cause by now. I hope that next album after this trilogy within maybe 3-4 years gets a tour with ACTUALLY majority of songs from that album, and doesn't fucking disappoint like this terrible bad joke.

a comment of GD about their setlists would be nice..

i'm so tired waiting for Lazy Bones and other trilogy songs, getting sick of the 1956 times BOBD and such as, sorry if someone wants to hear them.

Just wondering, what are some of the "odd" songs they've played this tour, including the US tour? Do they still not play Lazy Bones and DRB? And about old stuff as well, just looking for a general over view :)

i'm so tired waiting for Lazy Bones and other trilogy songs, getting sick of the 1956 times BOBD and such as, sorry if someone wants to hear them.

I guess the classics will always be played, not everyone who goes has seen them before you know :P

Just wondering, what are some of the "odd" songs they've played this tour, including the US tour? Do they still not play Lazy Bones and DRB? And about old stuff as well, just looking for a general over view :)

I guess the classics will always be played, not everyone who goes has seen them before you know :P

Ive been a fan for 10+ years and just saw them

Ive been a fan for 10+ years and just saw them

No wonder you're sick of the song then, you must have seen it a million times on youtube and such.

Odd songs: Nice Guys Finish Last, Rusty James and Carpe Diem have been played once, Disappearing Boy, One of My Lies

Common Oldies: Burnout, GSB, 2000LYA, Brain Stew, Basket Case... 50/50 on Good Riddance

This is the prototypical set list so far:

(Moline, IL)

99 Revolutions
Know Your Enemy
Stay the Night
Stop When the Red Lights Flash
Letterbomb
Oh Love
Holiday
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Burnout
Welcome to Paradise
Going to Pasalacqua
Brain Stew
(With "Sweet Child o' Mine", "… more)
St. Jimmy
When I Come Around
Longview
Basket Case
She
King for a Day
Shout / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Hey Jude
X-Kid
Minority
Encore:
American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
Brutal Love

i'm happy in the quebec show we've got two odd songs (Nice Guys Finish Last and Rusty James). I think we've got the best setlist so far.

I would love that Green Day themselves knew this reaction, so we can have a reason why this from all the sudden this big change. I mean one would think that when they announced their "99 Revolutions Tour" it would be focused on the trilogy especially because the tour title has a trilogy song, but all that turns to be completely wrong.

I'm not gonna lie, ever since each disc from the trilogy I've been mostly listen to them even so far. No I see a big wasted production because at the end that's why they did waste money on it. Some will say that it didn't have enough promotion. Well they could have made the X-Kid video because from what I see they really like that song, and launch another single among other things.

Now I'm gonna wait until next album some years so maybe that one has more respect from the same band and has most of its songs played like AI, 21st CB. MAYBE MAYYYYYYYYYYYBE in the next album at least they may play some trilogy songs that we will never hear in this kind of disappointing tour.

I really envy any concert before the iHeartRadio mess. They had so many trilogy songs which hasn't been repeated again. Sad really sad , but true.

No wonder you're sick of the song then, you must have seen it a million times on youtube and such.

yep ha

I really envy any concert before the iHeartRadio mess. They had so many trilogy songs which hasn't been repeated again. Sad really sad , but true.

maybe Billie isn't ready to play songs like Lazy Bones live after the rehab. because they used to play this song before the Iheart thing.

Let's call Billie's mom and make her force them to play Trilogy songs. Since the songs were "for the fans" shouldn't they listen to the 90% of fans who are upset they aren't playing the songs?

maybe Billie isn't ready to play songs like Lazy Bones live after the rehab. because they used to play this song before the Iheart thing.

But he was able to say "Im a loser and drug user" in WICA?

Let's call Billie's mom and make her force them to play Trilogy songs. Since the songs were "for the fans" shouldn't they listen to the 90% of fans who are upset they aren't playing the songs?

it would be easier to post this on the front page and visible when you come on GDA. Mike seems to come a lot on the site :lol:

but seriously i'd like them do to more interviews and stuff so we can know what's going on with the setlist and more about the tour.

it would be easier to post this on the front page and visible when you come on GDA. Mike seems to come a lot on the site :lol:

but seriously i'd like them do to more interviews and stuff so we can know what's going on with the setlist and more about the tour.

I love that Billie was able to to a headline interview on RS right after rehab, yet, I'm confused about why he hasn't wanted to get himself on some other publication/site/show to distance that and get on with the tour. Since the RS interview was the last big thing he's done, it feels like the band is still stuck at that point in certain respects.

Of course, I'm hoping BJ + The Lonely Island will change that. :lol:

I don't think the setlists have actually been that bad, and for the more 'casual' GD fans (who probably make up the majority of the crowds not us hardcore GDCers) I think they've been fine. Could have swapped out SWTRLF (seems odd for a certain song when its not even really that liked in comparison to others) for DRB though and at least played Nuclear Family. Other trilogy songs I'm happy with though.

i'm gunna be fucking pissed if they don't play good riddance saturday jesus christ

be prepared cuz chances are, they're not :lol:

I expected Billie Joe to meet me and fall in love with me. But it didn't happen :cry:

Archived