Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

Here's are my predictions for the trilogy songs:

Play at every show:

Nuclear Family

Stay the Night

Let Yourself Go

Oh Love

See You Tonight (played over speakers before going on)

Fuck Time

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Makeout Party

Stray Heart

Wow! That's Loud

8th Avenue Serenade

X-Kid

Dirty Rotten Bastards

99 Revolutions

Play at some shows:

Carpe Diem

Kill the DJ

Fell for You

Loss of Control

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Rusty James

Lazy Bones

Wild One

Ashley

Baby Eyes

Lady Cobra

Amy

Brutal Love

Missing You

Drama Queen

Sex, Drugs and Violence

Little Boy Named Train

Amanda

Walk Away

Won't play:

Troublemaker

Nightlife

The Forgotten

As you can see, I'm bored.

They've already played Troublemaker in Japan. It's like a song they would play at small club shows. I think they may play it once or twice. As for Nightlife, no way in hell. And The Forgotten, maybe. It's possible Billie might do it acoustic at the end of the show or for an encore or something like that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my first concert. I could seriously give a fuck what they play. As long as they play something. I'm not gonna whine/complain about any songs. :D

OK, I'll probably freak out if they play X-Kid...

:wub: But seriously, no expectations. I'm just happy to finally be going.

I think that they'll play around 12 songs from the trilogy at every concert and that Oh Love, Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night, Stray Heart, 99 Revolutions & X Kid will be among those songs most of the time. I hope that they'll vary the setlist a bit more, I've counted it to like 16 songs they play pretty much all the time for these last two tours.

Songs I really, really want them to play are Stray Heart, Brutal Love, Waiting, Walking Contradiction, 409 In Your Coffeemaker & Only Of You.

I expect that they will play more songs that they didn't play for like 10 years, or even not played.

American Idiot definitely has some amazing songs, but they're getting very overplayed. I don't think it's fair that AI gets like 4 or more songs in the setlists and all the other old albums have like 1 or 2 if any. Also, from the old stuff they play almost always the same songs. They should totally forget about classics and just play whatever. I mean, they should keep Basket Case and American Idiot because they're the most iconic, but I think they should forget about all the other classics and treat all the other songs the same. Because to be honest I'd rather hear Bab's Uvula Who live than Know Your Enemy or Boulevard of Broken Dreams again. I hope the next live DVD has more rare stuff in it, I think it's ironic that they put in the DVD the same songs they play in every officially-recorded concert.

It's my first concert. I could seriously give a fuck what they play. As long as they play something. I'm not gonna whine/complain about any songs. :D

OK, I'll probably freak out if they play X-Kid...

:wub: But seriously, no expectations. I'm just happy to finally be going.

You do give a fuck ... you and I will start a mutiny if the unleash the monstrosity that is Nightlife on us :lol:

I doubt they'll get rid of the big songs, though. The reason they can still fill these bigger venues is that they still have fans from the AI days. They can't completely turn their backs on them. If these were small club shows where it would be likely that only the die-hards were going, I'd bet on more old stuff.

I just hope they take those 21st Century Breakdown songs out of the set entirely. Do with it what they did to Warning and only play one or two songs from it occasionally. I personally don't want another live version of Murder City or Know Your Enemy, or the title track or East Jesus Nowhere. Some Viva La Gloria or Static Age would be enjoyable, though.

Viva la Gloria will always and forever be enjoyable. I hope it shows up more frequently on their setlists.

*crosses fingers*

I'm expecting them to jump from album to album on the trilogy but also cramming in king for a day and good riddance along with long view and basket case.

What i'm hoping? A 5 hour concert playing every song from AI on.

What would be cool? a 10 hour show of them playing 1039 to tre. xD

Since it'll be my first concert, and the second concert of the tour, I'm expecting some surprises in the set. I am hoping they'll play as little of 21CB as possible (I don't even really wanna hear Know Your Enemy) and maybe play some stuff off of Insomniac (Brat, for sure) and Nimrod (Scattered, Worry Rock)

I expect to be freaking out about every song. "OMG THEY'RE PLAYING THIS SONG!" - Every song the whole night. Haha.
Unless they would play Nightlife, which I doubt they would, but I'd be slightly less excited.

I'm going to my first Green Day concert on this leg and I honestly don't care about the setlist so much or what they may do.

The fact of being at the concert and seeing my favorite band live to have an amazing, unforgettable experience pushes all expectations or a "dream set list" back.

American Idiot definitely has some amazing songs, but they're getting very overplayed. I don't think it's fair that AI gets like 4 or more songs in the setlists and all the other old albums have like 1 or 2 if any. Also, from the old stuff they play almost always the same songs. They should totally forget about classics and just play whatever. I mean, they should keep Basket Case and American Idiot because they're the most iconic, but I think they should forget about all the other classics and treat all the other songs the same. Because to be honest I'd rather hear Bab's Uvula Who live than Know Your Enemy or Boulevard of Broken Dreams again. I hope the next live DVD has more rare stuff in it, I think it's ironic that they put in the DVD the same songs they play in every officially-recorded concert.

Yeah, but you have to consider there are probably plenty of people (like myself) going to a concert for the first time that they still need to cater to. To go to a Green Day concert today and not hear American Idiot, Longview, Good Riddance, Boulevard, etc. wouldn't make sense and they know that. Although I agree, they could do away with Know Your Enemy and no one would miss it. :lol:

You do give a fuck ... you and I will start a mutiny if the unleash the monstrosity that is Nightlife on us :lol:

I doubt they'll get rid of the big songs, though. The reason they can still fill these bigger venues is that they still have fans from the AI days. They can't completely turn their backs on them. If these were small club shows where it would be likely that only the die-hards were going, I'd bet on more old stuff.

Oooooookay, I care a little bit. :D Thank GOD the odds of Lady Cobra being in Pittsburgh are slim. And you perfectly summarized what I'm trying to say in my above sentences.

Realistically, the songs I expect to hear are the big ones, including the trilogy's standouts. American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard, September, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, Good Riddance, Minority, Know Your Enemy, Fuck Time, Nuclear Family, X-Kid, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, Stray Heart, 99 Revolutions...

I'm trying to think if there's one song where I'd, like, melt if they played it... Paper Lanterns maybe? I mean, odds are pretty high I'll hear it, but I love that song so much, I'll undoubtedly freak out. That and X-Kid. If I hear those two I'll be satisfied. I'll be satisfied either way, but, y'know what I mean. :happy:

Yeah, but you have to consider there are probably plenty of people (like myself) going to a concert for the first time that they still need to cater to. To go to a Green Day concert today and not hear American Idiot, Longview, Good Riddance, Boulevard, etc. wouldn't make sense and they know that. Although I agree, they could do away with Know Your Enemy and no one would miss it. :lol:

Oooooookay, I care a little bit. :D Thank GOD the odds of Lady Cobra being in Pittsburgh are slim. And you perfectly summarized what I'm trying to say in my above sentences.

Realistically, the songs I expect to hear are the big ones, including the trilogy's standouts. American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard, September, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, Good Riddance, Minority, Know Your Enemy, Fuck Time, Nuclear Family, X-Kid, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, Stray Heart, 99 Revolutions...

I'm trying to think if there's one song where I'd, like, melt if they played it... Paper Lanterns maybe? I mean, odds are pretty high I'll hear it, but I love that song so much, I'll undoubtedly freak out. That and X-Kid. If I hear those two I'll be satisfied. I'll be satisfied either way, but, y'know what I mean. :happy:

I've accepted that we won't get our loved Fell For You, but as long as X-Kid happens, I'm OK tbh.

Murder City should be the only regular from 21CB, out with Know Your Enemy! Also American Idiot out of the encore and into the main set. And at least one AI regular entirely out. Lastly, a little more change-up in the oldies-set.

Looking forward to the new lighting

What i'm hoping? A 5 hour concert playing every song from AI on.

:sick: . That's all.

These are the regulars I'd be fine with:

Dookie: Basket Case, She, Welcome to Paradise

American Idiot: American Idiot, St. Jimmy

21st Century Breakdown: Murder City

Those seem pretty legit and fair to the high amount of albums Green Day has.

I hope they play all the new songs at least once on this tour. Since most of them are so short, I don't think it's too much to ask at all. It wouldn't even take that long to do at one show and they could still disperes older songs throughout the set.

I hope they play all the new songs at least once on this tour. Since most of them are so short, I don't think it's too much to ask at all. It wouldn't even take that long to do at one show and they could still disperes older songs throughout the set.

I think they'll play at least every song once. (Minus Nightlife lol)

And hey! Someone else that's from Seattle? :D

I think they'll play at least every song once. (Minus Nightlife lol)

And hey! Someone else that's from Seattle? :D

Oh cool! So you're from Seattle too?! Maybe we could meet up sometime. :)

Oh cool! So you're from Seattle too?! Maybe we could meet up sometime. :)

Indeed I am! And haha, yeah! For sure. :D

:sick: . That's all.

These are the regulars I'd be fine with:

Dookie: Basket Case, She, Welcome to Paradise

American Idiot: American Idiot, St. Jimmy

21st Century Breakdown: Murder City

Those seem pretty legit and fair to the high amount of albums Green Day has.

Well I mean I love their older stuff of course! I just would like to hear every song from AI on lol.

Oh, I realllllyyyyyyy want to hear Sex, Drugs & Violence live. My favourite from Tre and quite possibly the catchiest song from the Trilogy.

Maybe I've said this too many times and too many ways, but I really hope they switch it up at each show. Just throw caution to the wind and play totally different sets each show.

Archived