Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

1,169 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anybody else think Loss Of Control would be a good song to play live? I imagine it to be a bit like Stop When The Red Lights Flash, as in get the crowd moving a bit more than say Stay The Night.

I don't really care for the recorded version, but I do admit the song sounded pretty sexy in the DVD...

Posted · Report post

Anybody else think Loss Of Control would be a good song to play live? I imagine it to be a bit like Stop When The Red Lights Flash, as in get the crowd moving a bit more than say Stay The Night.

i would lose my mind if they played loss of control. the first time i heard that, i just loved it.

i'm not sure why i love it so much - but it's just so damn great!

Posted · Report post

i would lose my mind if they played loss of control.

If they played Wow! That's Loud, I'd lose my virginity though :P

Posted · Report post

So guys, did it meet your expectations? :)

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

So guys, did it meet your expectations? :)

I never expected to have the best night of my life my first Green Day show. So it exceeded it yes.

Posted · Report post

I never expected to have the best night of my life my first Green Day show. So it exceeded it yes.

You didn't? Why not? :(

Posted · Report post

Does anyone else think that See You Tonight should be played as Green Day walk on stage? Like Song of the century was played last tour. I just think it would be good,.

THIS!!

I don't think "The good the bad and the ugly" is a bad choice, but it is a kind of "cliché intro" for rock bands y' know? Ramones and Metallica DID in the past. So, See you tonight would have been perfect for this tour.

Posted · Report post

THIS!!

I don't think "The good the bad and the ugly" is a bad choice, but it is a kind of "cliché intro" for rock bands y' know? Ramones and Metallica DID in the past. So, See you tonight would have been perfect for this tour.

DRB should be the fans sing along before they come on stage.

Posted · Report post

Still waiting for an Irish show :mad:

Posted · Report post

Is soundwave regarded as part of the trilogy tour since it's not a stand alone tour idk.

Posted · Report post

Is soundwave regarded as part of the trilogy tour since it's not a stand alone tour idk.

I don't think so. It's no even really a proper tour, just a bunch of festival shows.

Posted · Report post

You didn't? Why not? :(

I mean I thought it'd be great and holy shit I was finally seeing Green Day but I never thought I'd get to go up on stage. I've literally had dreams about it happening since like 2005 and my first show it happened. I was just expecting a great show not the best fucking thing that's happened to me musically.

Posted · Report post

I doubt many people expected "three songs from the trilogy and all of Dookie." :lol:

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't think so. It's no even really a proper tour, just a bunch of festival shows.

I know but they are playing full sets & it is exactly 4 years since they toured here & a tweet from soundwave said they are unlikely to be back for 2 or 3 years. I mean do we get merchandise or just soundwave shit.

Posted · Report post

I doubt many people expected "three songs from the trilogy and all of Dookie." :lol:

Vast improvement on what I expected though :P

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To be honest, I do wonder if this 'break' has been planned for a while - they play Dookie this year to celebrate it, because they aren't gonna be around much next year? Just a hunch.

Posted · Report post

I mean I thought it'd be great and holy shit I was finally seeing Green Day but I never thought I'd get to go up on stage. I've literally had dreams about it happening since like 2005 and my first show it happened. I was just expecting a great show not the best fucking thing that's happened to me musically.

Oh, OK, makes sense that you weren't expecting that. :lol:

Your first post was just worded funny to me, because I definitely went to my first show this year expecting it to be the best night of my life. It was. Front row! :D (Didn't get on stage though — you lucky bastard!)

Posted · Report post

Oh, OK, makes sense that you weren't expecting that. :lol:

Your first post was just worded funny to me, because I definitely went to my first show this year expecting it to be the best night of my life. It was. Front row! :D (Didn't get on stage though you lucky bastard!)

I get lucky at shows that's just a thing that happens to me a lot for some reason hah and my bad I was probably "medicated" and my thoughts didn't translate well

Posted · Report post

To be honest, I do wonder if this 'break' has been planned for a while - they play Dookie this year to celebrate it, because they aren't gonna be around much next year? Just a hunch.

That makes sense... Unfortunately.