Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

missing you!!!!!!!

@ 2:22: "Billie Joe's butt is right there, this is my opportunity.... I'm taking it."

To be fair, the audience did seem to know all of the trilogy songs. You can clearly hear lots of them singing all the words to Missing You and Brutal Love in the videos.

I really don't understand people. You would think you would do some research (of sorts anyway) of what you are going to see. Especially when the tour they are doing is the 99 Revolutions Tour. I mean really every single person should know it.

I really don't understand people. You would think you would do some research (of sorts anyway) of what you are going to see. Especially when the tour they are doing is the 99 Revolutions Tour. I mean really every single person should know it.

I definitely agree with this, but you have to remember that Green Day is a massive mainstream band. Some people just see that they're coming and go "oh, Green Day, I like a few of their songs, a concert sounds fun!" Hell, that's how I first got into them. Since then though, I've gotten a lot more into music and always listen to band's entire discographies in the weeks before concerts, but the majority of people just aren't as into music as people like us are, and just treat a concert like a fun night out.

I went to the Emirates last night they played Missing You, I was so happy :wub:

Disappointed with no Good Riddance though. Can't get everything though

Man, I would love to see more Trilogy songs played, but here' s the issue that I think the Band is confronting: Since they were unable to publicize the releases in the manner that they deemed acceptable, they are hesitant to go full bore into the Trilogy for fear of not giving the audience what they know and or want

Its a shame too. The Trilogy has so many great songs I would love to hear live, DRB, Lazy Bones, Nuclear Family just to name a few. I love any GD show, but I was really hoping to see more of a Trilogy focused tour than the traditional stuff that has been played on so many previous tours Maybe in 2014 when they get back to the U.S? We shall see...

2014? C'mon, there's still hope for fall U.S. shows, right? Right? :D

Man, I wish... :(

I totally agree. I want them to go into their shows with the same attitude they had when they were making the trilogy, the whole "fuck it we are gonna do what we want" attitude. Of course I love seeing them play the hits like American Idiot, Basket Cast, etc., but I think that playing Dookie in full instead of trilogy songs is a terrible decision

It's not a terrible decision... Dookie in full can never be a terrible decision... but I'll admit it is kind of an illogical decision. :ermm:

missing you!!!!!!!

Everything from 2 minutes on is just...

tumblr_lwkqjaA0xq1r0xqyv.gif

Seriously... that bass line... Billie's singing... gah. So perfect.

I went to the Emirates last night they played Missing You, I was so happy :wub:

Disappointed with no Good Riddance though. Can't get everything though

If they added Good Riddance and Paper Lanterns to that setlist it would literally be like my dream setlist. So jealous/happy for you.

2014? C'mon, there's still hope for fall U.S. shows, right? Right? :D

Man, I wish... :(

If they added Good Riddance and Paper Lanterns to that setlist it would literally be like my dream setlist. So jealous/happy for you.

From all of Mike's promises to go to Australia, Central/South America, etc... In tweets and such, their future tour schedule is up in the air.

No dream set list is complete without DRB :P

From all of Mike's promises to go to Australia, Central/South America, etc... In tweets and such, their future tour schedule is up in the air.

and after that they better come back in Canada. :ninja: iwantdookiesongsandnuclearfamilyandfuturedrb

Fail.

yes sadly it was

still waiting is possibly my fave and missing you was great

i build myself up for it all week

when burnout started i was like yessss dookie time .. then ... it just did not happen haha

I know, I don't even know what to think anymore. Hoping for fall, but not expecting.

And I could deal without DRB. It would be nice to hear it, but by "dream setlist" I mean kind of like a "dream realistic setlist." My actual dream setlist would include songs like Westbound Sign and Haushinka, which will never happen... (but hey, they're playing Sassafras Roots now, so anything's possible!)

I know, I don't even know what to think anymore. Hoping for fall, but not expecting.

And I could deal without DRB. It would be nice to hear it, but by "dream setlist" I mean kind of like a "dream realistic setlist." My actual dream setlist would include songs like Westbound Sign and Haushinka, which will never happen... (but hey, they're playing Sassafras Roots now, so anything's possible!)

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92985-your-ideal-green-day-show/page-22

As long as we don't have a studio version I think they should start playing Cigarettes and Valentines again. Since they stopped playing it it's basically become dead since all we have is the AAF version.

If Green Day do a second leg of the world tour I expect almost everything to change. I still expect, American Idiot, Know Your Enemy, JoS and the other usual's. But the songs from the trilogy to change except 99 revolutions and maybe Brutal Love. I think Nuclear Family will played every show, DRB, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ to make a few appearances, and a few more from DOS! Maybe a few to stay the same from these shows but not many.

If Green Day do a second leg of the world tour I expect almost everything to change. I still expect, American Idiot, Know Your Enemy, JoS and the other usual's. But the songs from the trilogy to change except 99 revolutions and maybe Brutal Love. I think Nuclear Family will played every show, DRB, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ to make a few appearances, and a few more from DOS! Maybe a few to stay the same from these shows but not many.

Hopefully. I was watching that Rig Rundown thing about Green Day's equipment and whoever the guy was who was talking said he had some sort of effect for Kill the DJ, but that they aren't doing that right now. So I think that shows that there is still a chance for that song to be played.

don't expect too much you'll be disappointing. :P

i don't think they will change the setlist that much. they use to keep the same principal songs and change few like they're doing right now.

Soundcheck in Bologna: lazy bones and wild One have been play ed!!!!!

Soundcheck in Bologna: lazy bones and wild One have been play ed!!!!!

You should put this in the tour thread. People will go crazy!! :)

Do we know about this yet. Lazy Bones I would never have thought. Would have thought DRB before this. Gotta think they will do DRB's now.

I can really not complain about this setlists. But have they to play Holiday, BOBD, When I Come Around, Letterbomb, Know Your Enemy every show?

I don't think there's less trilogy songs. Other great bands like The Offspring and Anti-Flag play around 2-4 new songs on every show of their last tour. That's 15-20%.

Green Day did 8 new ones at Emirates. That's 27%.

Hope for more really old stuff next year when they maybe do this Dookie tour

Unfortunately lazy bones and wild one were not played last night in Bologna as in the soundcheck was :(

Archived