Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

They really need to do something different again - not dookie. I think more of the trilogy and definitely DRB. It's their chance to get it out there at Emirates. So excited to see this setlist.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really need to do something different again - not dookie. I think more of the trilogy and definitely DRB. It's their chance to get it out there at Emirates. So excited to see this setlist.

knowing they played Dookie at the last two days i'm 95% sure they'll play it again on Saturday.

knowing they played Dookie at the last two days i'm 95% sure they'll play it again on Saturday.

Well lets hope they parachute in then :)

Well lets hope they parachute in then :)

Mike said in the magazine interview they were going to do something special at Emirates.

Mike said in the magazine interview they were going to do something special at Emirates.

It will be dookie

I really don't want this to become a regular thing. I know fans are kinda jealous, but if this becomes usual then it will lose all its exclusivity and coolness. They should do other albums. Or ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! for fuck's sake!

Definitely not. I could see them doing Kerplunk or Insomniac, but songs like Having A Blast, Chump or Sassafras Roots are better than the whole trilogy itself.

It will be dookie

yes. actually normal fans who aren't on here probably don't even know they played full Dookie the past 2 shows. so it's gonna be a suprise for them at least.

Some notes about the crowds:

1) Let's not forget how popular Green Day was in 2004. Not only did they have a massive fan base, but also millions and millions of people worldwide developed obsessions with them. Everyone loved American Idiot. Everyone had sexual desires for Billie. Everyone was crazy about their music. Multiply the fangirl by millions, and you have a crowd of massively energetic people screaming and jumping around. Green Day had the teenagers and college kids in 2004. They don't now.

2) Green Day is nowhere as popular now as they used to be. The Trilogy is practically unknown outside of the fanbase, and so is the tour. At my concert this year, I noticed a very mature audience. Mainly hardcore fans and not many casual concert goers.

3) Although Billie is sober now, something seems different. The band sounds great and all, but energy is definitely missing. They seemed much more energetic pre-rehab, but even then something seemed off in the entertainment category. I can't put my finger on it.

I agree with all three of these points. It is evident that they've perhaps lost some enthusiasm in their live shows, which I would suspect is because they are perhaps disheartened by the lack of success of the trilogy or perhaps aren't as happy (or proud) of the albums AI or 21CB. Looking at the videos from their recent tour, they evidently still put a lot of energy into the shows but again the slight drop in energy may have been sparked by the catalyst of the trilogy not doing so well, and therefore their age may be beginning to show more and more. As much as I loved the trilogy, the next album will have to be of a dramatic change of direction, of which they are all excited about so as to propel them back into the popularity of perhaps 09/10 years. As they are constantly stating in interviews, they want to be the best/ biggest band in the world; the current drop in success may be getting to them.

It will be dookie

I think if they are not going to sing DRB at all they should at least start a tradition of this being the song played over the speakers before the concerts starts so everyone can't have a big sing a long :D

Just had Makeout Party come on on shuffle, it's not my fave from the trilogy but that bass! I really want to hear that now!!

I really loved that they played Dookie front to back on two last shows and for the Emirates it would also be just as cool, especially for fans, but I would love to see new trilogy songs being on setlist. You know, it's 99 revolutions tour and I think there is a plenty of material for an awesome live performance.

They should play Nuclear Family more. It so amazing live song. Almost nobody knew it when they played it in Serbia but everyone jumped and countdown was really cool.

Weird that they're doing the Dookie thing this year and not next, but still cool.

And regarding the screens - that is weird that they don't have any for these big Europe dates or that the stadiums don't have them.

Surely they've got to have some at the Emirates? It's far too big not to!

I think they should have saved full Dookie for Emirates, and its odd they did it twice

Man, I would love to see more Trilogy songs played, but here' s the issue that I think the Band is confronting: Since they were unable to publicize the releases in the manner that they deemed acceptable, they are hesitant to go full bore into the Trilogy for fear of not giving the audience what they know and or want

Its a shame too. The Trilogy has so many great songs I would love to hear live, DRB, Lazy Bones, Nuclear Family just to name a few. I love any GD show, but I was really hoping to see more of a Trilogy focused tour than the traditional stuff that has been played on so many previous tours Maybe in 2014 when they get back to the U.S? We shall see...

Surely they've got to have some at the Emirates? It's far too big not to!

That's what I'd think! :o

If they don't play Dirty Rotten Bastards at the Emirates, then they're most likely never going to play it.

Man, I would love to see more Trilogy songs played, but here' s the issue that I think the Band is confronting: Since they were unable to publicize the releases in the manner that they deemed acceptable, they are hesitant to go full bore into the Trilogy for fear of not giving the audience what they know and or want

Its a shame too. The Trilogy has so many great songs I would love to hear live, DRB, Lazy Bones, Nuclear Family just to name a few. I love any GD show, but I was really hoping to see more of a Trilogy focused tour than the traditional stuff that has been played on so many previous tours Maybe in 2014 when they get back to the U.S? We shall see...

I totally agree. I want them to go into their shows with the same attitude they had when they were making the trilogy, the whole "fuck it we are gonna do what we want" attitude. Of course I love seeing them play the hits like American Idiot, Basket Cast, etc., but I think that playing Dookie in full instead of trilogy songs is a terrible decision

I totally agree. I want them to go into their shows with the same attitude they had when they were making the trilogy, the whole "fuck it we are gonna do what we want" attitude. Of course I love seeing them play the hits like American Idiot, Basket Cast, etc., but I think that playing Dookie in full instead of trilogy songs is a terrible decision

I would say in part that yes playing dookie is terribel bad decision, but OMG that's awesome at the same time. I'd kill to see them playing Dookie live!. Anyways, they better play Dirty Rotten Bastards in Emirates. I hope that they also eventually play Carpe Diem, Angel Blue, Loss of Control and Rusty James.

I would say in part that yes playing dookie is terribel bad decision, but OMG that's awesome at the same time. I'd kill to see them playing Dookie live!. Anyways, they better play Dirty Rotten Bastards in Emirates. I hope that they also eventually play Carpe Diem, Angel Blue, Loss of Control and Rusty James.

they already played Carpe Diem and Rusty James for this tour thought ;) i can tell you Rusty James is bomb live :woot:

I was really hoping Emirates would be the place where the crowd would be louder than Billie during 99 Revolutions, but sadly, I was wrong

I was really hoping Emirates would be the place where the crowd would be louder than Billie during 99 Revolutions, but sadly, I was wrong

To be fair, the audience did seem to know all of the trilogy songs. You can clearly hear lots of them singing all the words to Missing You and Brutal Love in the videos.

I was so pissed at my show that people didn't get into it. The beginning of the last chorus (where its just vocals and drums) has SO MUCH POTENTIAL to be epic and I feel like its being wasted

Archived