Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the shows are just as long with SLIGHTLY less ''WAAAAAAY-OHHHH''s. Also, they need to drop King For a Day/Shout. I hope they play more songs from Insomiac - Warning, like Blood, Sex & Booze, Prosthetic Head, Hold On and Westbound Sign. Good to see a good mix of things, with about 12-16 songs from the trilogy. I saw Armatage Shanks live and that was great, more of that pls. Hope to go see them on their European leg of the tour.

If it's a 3 hour show with old and new, here is the set-list i expect:

1. Welcome To Paradise

2. Murder City

3. Know Your Enemy

4. Nuclear Family

5. Stay The Night

6. Let Yourself Go

7. Kill The DJ

8. It's Fuck Time

9. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

10. Stray Heart

11. 8th Avenue Serenade

12. X-Kid

13. Oh Love

14. Longview

15. Hitchin' A Ride

16. Brain Stew

17. St. Jimmy

18. Basket Case

19. She

20. 21 Guns

21. Holiday

22. 21st Century Breakdown

23. East Jesus Nowhere

24. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

25. Dirty Rotten Bastards

26. 99 Revolutions

-----------------------------ENCORE---------------------

27. American Idiot

28. Jesus Of Suburbia

----------------------------ACOUSTIC ENCORE--------------------

29. Amy

30. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

I was also wondering if their live shows will be shorter at first, but I think they're less likely to be shorter now after seeing so much excitement from all of the guys months before the tour starts.

As for setlists, I'll really be happy with anything. I just want to hear loads of new songs.

It would ruin the emotion behind Amy if he decided to play that every night. Should only play it in London if you ask me. Also if they do the whole two-tiered encore thing, I will be hugely disappointed. But I expect them to just play and play and maybe come out for a full band 3 song encore.

I have a feeling that the setlists are going to be similar to those we saw at the secret shows and promotional tour they did last year. I have a feeling they want to have high energy the entire show and I can see them shying away from 21st century breakdown except for murder city and know your enemy. Just as we saw on the past u.s tours they tend to start off with two and a half hour shows and go up to three and a half by the end. But I think they'll just play as many fast songs as they can and add alot of older songs. I do hope they play alot from the trilogy as I think the songs have alot of potential for their live act. I hope they open with welcome to paradise though because from the shows I've seen that song just explodes and definitely is the best opener in my opinion.

First of all the tour setlists need many less American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown stickies. I mean, those are good albums but we also want oldies! I think they should just pick an opener, some trilogy songs and a closing and then let the rest be all random. Like just random songs put there from their 11 albums. That would be really good from my point of view because then it's like more exciting because you have absolutely no idea what is gonna get played and your favorite songs have their chance no matter what album they're from. In my opinion the problem is mainly because they have way too many classics now, and they're trying to keep up with them so much that we barely see any rare stuff played.

As for trilogy songs, I think the best live songs are going to be from ¡Dos!. That album has the most live killers: Lady Cobra, Wow! That's Loud, Fuck Time, Ashley, Stop When The Red Lights Flash... also Stray Heart is a pretty nice song. I think they need to stop playing Oh Love at every single show, because it's not even that good and I totally see it becoming the trilogy's 21 Guns that will end up making most fans sick of it.

I actually get a feeling they might (maybe maybe?) do a one night only play through of the trilogy. It sounds like a lot but actually it's only 37 songs.

I'm seeing them live on the first date of the tour in Rosemont (near Chicago) on March 28. Hope they keep Welcome To Paradise as opener, or at least in the set as it's a song I want to see live. I also really want to see Geek Stink Breath live and When I Come Around, as they didn't play it the first time I saw them. I hope they add Jesus Of Suburbia and 21 Guns back to the set. As much as so many GDC'ers hate on 21 Guns, imo it is one of their best "ballads" and was unexpectedly a highlight when I saw them live in 2009. I would also love to see Letterbomb or Give Me Novacaine live. Regarding the lesser played songs from trilogy, I would love to see Kill The DJ, Troublemaker, Lazy Bones, Makeout Party, and 8th Avenue Serenade live. X-Kid or Drama Queen would be welcome too.

I actually get a feeling they might (maybe maybe?) do a one night only play through of the trilogy. It sounds like a lot but actually it's only 37 songs.

Only 37 songs? That's a lot, I don't think they will. More realistically, at some point they might do a multiple night stand at a venue and play all the songs from the trilogy though.

I would prefer The Forgotten over Amy for the encore for sure. I think that song would be really suited and a good closer.

Though realistically i think Drama Queen is much more likely.

I'd love to see Billie perform The Forgotten live acoustic solo int he last part of the concert. Tt's such a beautiful song! :wub:

I just hope they take those 21st Century Breakdown songs out of the set entirely. Do with it what they did to Warning and only play one or two songs from it occasionally. I personally don't want another live version of Murder City or Know Your Enemy, or the title track or East Jesus Nowhere. Some Viva La Gloria or Static Age would be enjoyable, though.

I want to hear many of the new songs! And I hope it's not too much single based. But either way, it's going to rock!

I just hope they take those 21st Century Breakdown songs out of the set entirely. Do with it what they did to Warning and only play one or two songs from it occasionally. I personally don't want another live version of Murder City or Know Your Enemy, or the title track or East Jesus Nowhere. Some Viva La Gloria or Static Age would be enjoyable, though.

Agree. But because I do want Murder City :lol: but yeah, I could to without anything else from 21st CB

I think the tour is going to be awesome because the boys are well rested and eager to get out on stage. Also, I feel like Billie probably hates that they had to not perform for so long and that he's going to come back on stage bigger and better than ever, like he has something to prove. I really can't wait to see what will happen :D

I'm seeing them live on the first date of the tour in Rosemont (near Chicago) on March 28. Hope they keep Welcome To Paradise as opener, or at least in the set as it's a song I want to see live. I also really want to see Geek Stink Breath live and When I Come Around, as they didn't play it the first time I saw them. I hope they add Jesus Of Suburbia and 21 Guns back to the set. As much as so many GDC'ers hate on 21 Guns, imo it is one of their best "ballads" and was unexpectedly a highlight when I saw them live in 2009. I would also love to see Letterbomb or Give Me Novacaine live. Regarding the lesser played songs from trilogy, I would love to see Kill The DJ, Troublemaker, Lazy Bones, Makeout Party, and 8th Avenue Serenade live. X-Kid or Drama Queen would be welcome too.

Only 37 songs? That's a lot, I don't think they will. More realistically, at some point they might do a multiple night stand at a venue and play all the songs from the trilogy though.

It's a lot, but it's been done many times before and I don't see why they can't too

I'd love to see them open with a bit of ¡UNO! and ¡DOS! Then go into the older songs. 5 or 6 songs from Kerplunk/1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours would be awesome along with some fast paced oldies like Brat and In The End and contrast into some of the more longer ones like Minority, King For a Day and FOD. I'd love then to end with most of ¡Tré! As well as an acoustic encore.

Like others have said, I hope they leave out most of 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot (Especially 21 Guns and 21st Century Breakdown) and also leave out Oh Love a little and Little Boy Named Train and Sweet 16 entirely (just personal opinion)

It's a lot, but it's been done many times before and I don't see why they can't too

It's not that I couldn't see Green Day playing a 37 song concert, I just doubt that they would do one comprised of entirely new songs. Maybe at a club gig, but that's still a big maybe because even the most hardcore fans want to hear older songs live too. It was different with American Idiot since that was only 12 songs and 21st Century Breakdown was only 18 songs. With those albums they could play them front-to-back live and another half of the set devoted to older songs. If they were to do 37 songs, that would pretty much take up the entire set.

I feel like they shouldn't make the same setlist for every show. I Think it would be more fun if they mixed it up a bit and played whatever they felt like.
But, if i see something from the trilogy as a opening, it would be See you tonight, followed by either fuck time or nuclear family.

I think they should make a good mix of the newer and older stuff, and they definietly need to play some of the 'hits' also, because it's what a lot of fans want to experience :happy:
my top three older songs is Who wrote Holden Caulfield, longview, and christie road, so of course I hope they play them at the show I am going to, but I won't be dissapointed if they don't :shy:

As for the set time, I don't think they will start out with shorter shows, judging by how excited they all seem for this tour, and I always get the impression that one of the things Billie enjoy most is being on stage, so I don't really see them doing shorter shows...

I want Lady Cobra to be a regular though

That was one my favourite songs from the preview tour, really got everyone jumping and moving, nice fast past punk rock song. Perfect for middle of the set.

Since they've given out three new albums, they will probably play a lot of the songs from the trilogy. I would prefer older songs instead, but we'll see.

I'm very excited for this tour, I just really hope they mix the setlist well by playing both old and new material. Kind of like they did on the second leg of the last tour.

But I hope that they'll stick with Good Riddance as the final song.

Nobody seems to care about it but I'd love them to bring East Jesus Nowhere back.You know instead of know your enemy or something...

It certainty is, but I would rather hear something from 21stCBD that they didn't play at every show last tour.

I'm very excited for this tour, I just really hope they mix the setlist well by playing both old and new material. Kind of like they did on the second leg of the last tour.

But I hope that they'll stick with Good Riddance as the final song.

Yes, Good Riddance is a must! :wub:

It certainty is, but I would rather hear something from 21stCBD that they didn't play at every show last tour.

Peacemaker or Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) maybe...?:)

Archived