Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

I agree with people saying Nuclear Family would be a great opener. It was amazing as an opening track, so that's enough prove for me :lol: I have to admit that I can't really imagine a lot of other triology songs as an opener right now. Let's see, I'm sure they'll surprise us again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still expect a See You Tonight/Fuck Time opener tbh

:runaround: <-- And this will be me in the crowd.

See You Tonight as the opening just like how song of the century was ..... Then possibly Nuclear Family or Wow! That's loud as the opening song

the only certain things I'm expected is to be in the crowd in front of Green Day at the first concert (may 24th)

Still would die of joy if opener was Brutal Love into Nuclear Family...so much tension with Brutal Love would explode with Nuclear Family

As much as I love Brutal Love, I don't think it should be an intro, it's too slow paced to start a show. It must start with a blast!

i gotta agree, a slow-paced song would be horrible as an opener. They come out on stage, all the fans are pumped with adrenaline, the guys will be too. They gotta open with a bang to get shit started because if they open with a bit of a downer song, that's gunna set the pace for the rest of the show.

Imagine screaming your heart out when they walk out to have to shut the hell up for Brutal Love. Just, no. :lol:

I'm don't make any expectations so anything awesome they do (which is about everything) will be twice as more awesomer.

i gotta agree, a slow-paced song would be horrible as an opener. They come out on stage, all the fans are pumped with adrenaline, the guys will be too. They gotta open with a bang to get shit started because if they open with a bit of a downer song, that's gunna set the pace for the rest of the show.

Imagine screaming your heart out when they walk out to have to shut the hell up for Brutal Love. Just, no. :lol:

A long slow song like Brutal Love wouldn't be the best opener. A good opening would be See You Tonight, it's short slow intro song, they have the entire place dark, pumped up the fans even more because they know a faster song is going to come, then they turn on the lights bust out the fast song. That would be an great opener but any other opener would be just as great too.

They need to start out with an upbeat song. That's just how rock concerts are. If they start out with a slow song all that excitement and adrenaline the fans have will go down the drain. I love their slower songs (for the most part) but it would be better for the energy of the show if they start with an upbeat song and then do some slower tunes in the middle or towards the end of the concert.

It has to be a short intro song, like See You Tonight. I've been to a concert and they started with a short, intro song then they went to a faster song and it the crowd went insane, and the band probably has the most energy from the a band.

I agree, I love it when concerts have a short small song or an intro at the beginning and the tension builds up till the band bursts out into a fast rock song and whole crowd goes crazy. Like Billy Talent who opened up with Lonely Road to Absolution or Sum 41 with their Reason to Believe opener. 21st Century Breakdown was a fantastic opener with the slow acoustic guitar at the beginning, you just knew shit was about to go down and you waited till the loud guitars crashed in :D

So yeah, See You Tonight would be a great opener! But I wouldn't like it if it went into Fuck Time, I don't think that would be a great opener... I don't know, it just sets the false mood I think. I would love it if See You Tonight went right into Nuclear Family, then the people could go crazy. :dance:

Edit:

I just tried it on my iTunes, and See You Tonight--Nuclear Family works perfectly! Especially if the whole room is dark during See You Tonight and when it goes into Nuclear Family, all those crazy lights go off.

Let Yourself Go was also a kickass opening at Summer Sonic. Amazing for an energic entrance.

I think See You Tonight then Dirty Rotten Bastards after would be bad ass. The YEAHH's would just kick it off amazingly.

Am I the only one here that wants to see them play nightlife? Haha

I might be biased because I don't like Nightlife that much but to me it doesn't seem like it be that fun to hear at a show. Who knows though? They're pretty creative. :P

I just realized there HAS to be an explosion at the end of Nuclear Family after that countdown. Hell, that is probably the only reason the countdown is even there! :lol:

I just realized there HAS to be an explosion at the end of Nuclear Family after that countdown. Hell, that is probably the only reason the countdown is even there! :lol:

:lol: I know, I've always imagined Nuclear Family as a live track with all the pyro and lightning attached to that countdown! :woot: Ahhh I can't wait for it!

Am I the only one here that wants to see them play nightlife? Haha

I really wouldn't mind seeing it live! I would surely enjoy it more than the album version.

Specially if Tré sings the Lady Cobra parts, as mentioned before :lol:

That would be an awesome intro, See You Tonight, then Nuclear Family with the explosion at the end. Like at the end of American Idiot in Bullet in a Bible.

I agree, I love it when concerts have a short small song or an intro at the beginning and the tension builds up till the band bursts out into a fast rock song and whole crowd goes crazy. Like Billy Talent who opened up with Lonely Road to Absolution or Sum 41.

You saw Billy Talent? Lucky, and Lonely Road to Absolution is an amazing intro song then it leads into Viking Death March, amazing intro.

I think See You Tonight then Dirty Rotten Bastards after would be bad ass. The YEAHH's would just kick it off amazingly.

I actually think DRB would be a great closer for the main part of the show, like American Eulogy was.

Hmm... Something I just thought of... You know how some people bring signs to concerts and hold them up? I wonder how many people will bring "1 minute" signs to shows now... Just to see Billie react to them.

Hmm... Something I just thought of... You know how some people bring signs to concerts and hold them up? I wonder how many people will bring "1 minute" signs to shows now... Just to see Billie react to them.

Not gonna lie, I actually thought of doing this. Figured it'd be a dick move though.

When I listen to See You Tonight then Nuclear Family afterwards I get chills. I'd love that to be the opener.

Archived