Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

Well, it has been a while since GD did their last gig.

What do you expect in their comeback?

I hope at some point they play the whole fuckin' trilogy to then do what they did in the 21CB tour: just jam the old stuff.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they play the whole trilogy, just around 15 songs. The rest will be songs from previous records. I expect to listen to more old songs like Maria, Macy's Day Parade, Only of you, One of my lies or Redundant.

I know Mike said in that new radio interview that they're experimenting with a new kind of lighting that he's pretty excited about. Should be awesome.

Sadly I'm not attending the first leg of the tour, but I'm expecting a big change in the setlist.

Hopefully some songs that have been in the set since the Warning tour have been replaced with new or classic tunes.

I also hope that Pasalacqua and Holden Caulfield become regulars, along with JAR, FOD and Geek Stink Breath..

Can't wait for the first show so all of us can wait for tweets of what songs come on. good times.

Sadly I'm not attending the first leg of the tour, but I'm expecting a big change in the setlist.

Hopefully some songs that have been in the set since the Warning tour have been replaced with new or classic tunes.

I also hope that Pasalacqua and Holden Caulfield become regulars, along with JAR, FOD and Geek Stink Breath..

Can't wait for the first show so all of us can wait for tweets of what songs come on. good times.

Well, I hope we can expect the 3 hour long concerts they're making...

Well, I hope we can expect the 3 hour long concerts they're making...

I don't see them slowing down with the long concerts.

It's what they do best, the amount of energy they have is incredible

Green Day is a top 10 live act today, easily.

you know what? actually i would love it if these songs wouldn't become regulars but instead they play different old songs at each concert. hearing 2'000 light years away at a green day concert isn't special or exciting anymore because they play it almost everytime now. i'd rather have them change the old songs from concert to concert.

Nobody seems to care about it but I'd love them to bring East Jesus Nowhere back.You know instead of know your enemy or something...

They could play at least 2/3 of the trilogy, and still have plenty of time to play a decent amount of older material. I don't think this will happen, unfortunately.

I hope Holden Caulfield stays, it's such a good song, and they perform it so well live!

But as for expectations, I think they'll be back with a bang! Got a feeling that it could be best tour yet.

Trilogy songs that I hope they play include Ashley, Lady Cobra, Amanda, Angel Blue, X-kid, and Missing You....

That would be an awesoem set list mixed with up with some classics!

Nobody seems to care about it but I'd love them to bring East Jesus Nowhere back.You know instead of know your enemy or something...

I do! I do! This is the song I would like to see most in the next tour. That, and One For The Razorbacks.

I would love for them to bring back East Jesus Nowhere, it's one of my favourite songs by Green Day so it would be awesome if they did play it on this tour also

I think that something like 3/4 of the Trilogy songs+old stuff will be enough for an awesome show ( I mean: One for the Razorbacksor maybe ... the judges daughter :happy: )

I think they will play 7-8 songs from the trilogy during regular shows. It's likely they will play some secret shows before the US tour (I can't see them playing straight into arenas, they haven't been playing live since September) and there they could play the whole trilogy, like they did for 21st CB.

I hope they will play more songs from 1,039 SOSH and Kerplunk.

Thay'll play a blend of song as Mike said in the interview last night. As you know they love playing old songs such as the onse that are in 39/smooth and Kerplunk! :)

Ill be happy with anything..my one wish is to see brutal love live but who knows if they even will

I'm thinking they are going to open with Nuclear Family or Stop When The Red Lights Flash. Both of those seem like good openers.

I'm a Debbie Downer ... I'm expecting shorter shows, at least for this U.S. leg, since they're still getting back in the swing of things/seeing if Billie can handle it. I'd love to be wrong, obviously ;)

I think it would be cool to have See You Tonight act as the Song of the Century for this tour, playing as the lights go out. Maybe Nuclear Family as the opener? Hopefully no Nightlife due to logistics and awfulness and while it's not a bad song, Wow! That's Loud actually kind of makes my head hurt so I'd like them to skip that. [/get off my lawn]

I'm a Debbie Downer ... I'm expecting shorter shows, at least for this U.S. leg, since they're still getting back in the swing of things/seeing if Billie can handle it. I'd love to be wrong, obviously ;)

I think it would be cool to have See You Tonight act as the Song of the Century for this tour, playing as the lights go out. Maybe Nuclear Family as the opener? Hopefully no Nightlife due to logistics and awfulness and while it's not a bad song, Wow! That's Loud actually kind of makes my head hurt so I'd like them to skip that. [/get off my lawn]

I was thinking the same! See You Tonight on the speakers while the band gets on stage to then just bang with Nuclear Family or something.

Also I thought of the intro to Dirty Rotten Bastards as an opener, and then get all the energy away with the whole band "yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh".

I'm hoping they rotate the set, Springsteen style, with only 4 or 5 being played every night. The first and last half hours of the 21st Century Breakdown got really stale, I hope they don't stick with the same songs to begin or end the set, they have way too much material to continue to rely on the same 25 songs each night.

I'm hoping they rotate the set, Springsteen style, with only 4 or 5 being played every night. The first and last half hours of the 21st Century Breakdown got really stale, I hope they don't stick with the same songs to begin or end the set, they have way too much material to continue to rely on the same 25 songs each night.

Pearl Jam style! They never repeat sets and play whatever the hell they want. That's awesome and also adds surprise to the fans

Exactly, they've made a career long enough to be up there alongside bands like Pearl Jam. The best bands who have been out for all this time have long since dropped the need to play "hits". I don't understand the need to play Basket Case, Know Your Enemy, American Idiot every gig.

All I'm expecting is Dirty Rotten Bastards being a regular on the setlists

Exactly, they've made a career long enough to be up there alongside bands like Pearl Jam. The best bands who have been out for all this time have long since dropped the need to play "hits". I don't understand the need to play Basket Case, Know Your Enemy, American Idiot every gig.

I believe Basket Case has become a MUST, as well as most of their hits (Hitchin a Ride, When I Come Around, Minority, etc etc etc). Those songs create an awesome atmosphere, so I believe they must go in every gig.

What I think they should do is to make it less predictable. In the 21CB you knew they would start with 21CB and then Know Your Enemy, at the middle the older stuff and at the end you knew which songs came.

I believe they could do it more random to give surprise to fans. Actually the Irving Plaza gig was kinda like that. Hope they keep it like that

I disagree, I mean for the people like myself who will be seeing their first Green Day show, we want to see songs like Basket Case and American Idiot. Not that I wouldn't love to hear rarities, but I want to get the experience of singing along to Basket Case :)

Anyhow, I posted this in another thread so I might as well put it here.

These are the songs that I figure will be the trilogy "staples" if you will.

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Let Yourself Go

Oh Love

Stop When The Red Lights Flash

Stray Heart

X-Kid

99 Revolutions

I figure they'll mix in others as well, but I think those are pretty safe bets to be played on a regular basis. Agree/Disagree?

Also I will be at the first show in Chicago so if anyone wants to know setlists, follow me on twitter @kev_bot22 ;) (I follow back)

Archived