Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

I'm curious as to what their set was going to look like. I know that Mike said in his most recent interview that they weren't going to rely so much on pyro and more on "rock and roll lighting.." whatever that refers to...but like is there going to be a bunch of x's on the stage or what >.<

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love a tour where the setlist is almost never the same twice because of the plethora of new songs. Realistically though I expect the usual classic songs plus the singles from the trilogy.

I'm curious as to what their set was going to look like. I know that Mike said in his most recent interview that they weren't going to rely so much on pyro and more on "rock and roll lighting.." whatever that refers to...but like is there going to be a bunch of x's on the stage or what >.<

On the shows they were doing overseas over the summer the background they were using was like the Uno cover without BJ's face. So pretty much the "Green Day" in pink and the green swirly background. Looked pretty cool.

I just saw a new ad for upcoming show in Russia, it says "99 revolutions tour", did anyone heard such thing? Is it new official name of the tour or it's something that our local promoters made up? It was posted on official event page so I doubt that it's fan-made

1s8nBpfe308.jpg

I just saw a new ad for upcoming show in Russia, it says "99 revolutions tour", did anyone heard such thing? Is it new official name of the tour or it's something that our local promoters made up? It was posted on official event page so I doubt that it's fan-made

1s8nBpfe308.jpg

hmm I don't know...when did they posted it? Here it's called simply ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! ¡TOUR!

hmm I don't know...when did they posted it? Here it's called simply ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! ¡TOUR!

It appeared in russian social network vk.com, there's an official event, where promoters post latest news about tickets and stuff. Idk, usually promoters recieve images for billboards from band itself, at the beginning we also had billboards with ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! ¡TOUR!, but now it's different :S

As long as they mix it up every night and don't play the same songs in the same order for the whole tour I'll be pretty happy.

Trilogy wise I most want to hear SWTRLF, X- Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Rusty James and Brutal Love.

I don't really mind what else they play, a few songs from 1039/Kerplunk would be nice with some older obscure songs mixed in. I won't be too fussed if they drop a lot of AI/21CB stuff, but they need to keep Jesus Of Suburbia and East Jesus Nowhere in.

hmm I suppose King for a day could go now as well? It's a lot of fun but we've all seen it soooo many times. Maybe Fuck time might become the new 'do crazy shit' song? :lol:

Well I mean I love their older stuff of course! I just would like to hear every song from AI on lol.

If that happens, I'd fucking hit my face agaist the wall. Several times. Every song on AI has been performed live at extremely least once and has been professionally recorded and is on YouTube. I'd rather have all rare stuff and even nothing from AI-21st CB. Sorry, I'm not trying to mess with you Jen :) Just giving my opinion.

I do hope there will be more fan participations on stage, such as they did throughout 21st CB World Tour, I mean this kind of stuff give more energy to the show and more hopes for the fans.
Otherwise, I do hope they will open shows with Welcome To Paradise, that song is just mindblowing. From all the shows I've seen, this song is the perfect opener ever !
And of course mix all the old and new stuff together, because actually all their songs and all their work adds up to one thing: Fucking Green Day Show !

If that happens, I'd fucking hit my face agaist the wall. Several times. Every song on AI has been performed live at extremely least once and has been professionally recorded and is on YouTube. I'd rather have all rare stuff and even nothing from AI-21st CB. Sorry, I'm not trying to mess with you Jen :) Just giving my opinion.

I know danny :) Just saying tho. I understand :P

It's a shame that Nightlife can't get played. That song is gorgeous and I love every single second of it.

As long as they mix it up every night and don't play the same songs in the same order for the whole tour I'll be pretty happy.

Trilogy wise I most want to hear SWTRLF, X- Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Rusty James and Brutal Love.

I don't really mind what else they play, a few songs from 1039/Kerplunk would be nice with some older obscure songs mixed in. I won't be too fussed if they drop a lot of AI/21CB stuff, but they need to keep Jesus Of Suburbia and East Jesus Nowhere in.

hmm I suppose King for a day could go now as well? It's a lot of fun but we've all seen it soooo many times. Maybe Fuck time might become the new 'do crazy shit' song? :lol:

I think they'll keep King For a Day, however I could definitely see Fuck Time taking Hitchin' A Ride's spot, masturbation and all.

I have no idea what the boys are gonna prepare, but whatever it's gonna be, I trust it's gonna be great!

It's a shame that Nightlife can't get played. That song is gorgeous and I love every single second of it.

omg :lol:

Well, I think they must drop out some classic songs of their setlist. They must stop playing so many songs from American Idiot, 2 or 3 would be ok. There are 11 albums plus rare songs and B-sides that Green Day sometimes play. Also, they should drop out or change the covers they would play live (No more shout, Hey Jude, etc. replacing with new ones like Hybrid moments or Rip this joint for instance)

IMHO, this could be a chance for a kick ass Green Day show nowadays, I'll put some variations/options to replace on any gig.

01- Welcome to Paradise

02- Nuclear Family

03- Stay the night

04- Carpe Diem/Stop when the red lights flash

05- Holiday/East Jesus Nowhere

06- Hitchin' a ride/Longview

07- Let yourself go

08- See you tonigh + Fuck time

09- Know your enemy/Murder city

10- Going to Pasalacqua/Paper Lanterns/Only of you

11- 2000 light years away/One of my lies/Christie Road/Who wrote Holden Caufield?

12- Nice guys finish last/Waiting/Redundant

13- J.A.R. (I consider this song must be a permanent option)

14- Maria/My generation/Stuck with me/Geek stink breath/Cigarettes and valentines

15- Lazy Bones

16- Wild One/Missing you

17- When I come around

18- Scattered/Coming Clean/86/At the libraryF.O.D./Any song Green Day didn't play for so many years or never (Walking Contradiction, Church on sunday, Blood Sex and booze, Ha ha you're dead).

19- Dominated Love slave + All by myself + covers

20- Stray Heart

21- Kill the DJ

22- X-Kid

23- Brain stew + Jaded

24- Basket Case

25- She

26- 21 guns/Boulevard of broken dreams

27- Jesus of suburbia/Minority

28- Makeout party/Wow that's loud!

29- Kill the DJ

30- Oh Love

31- Dirty Rotten Bastards

32- 99 Revolutions

Acoustic Encore

33- Brutal Love/Fell for you/Sweet 16/Drama Queen/Amy (New acoustic stuff here)

34- Last night on earth,/Macy's day Parade/You lied (Why not shenanigans stuff here?)/Worry Rock

35- Time of your life/Wake me up when September ends

36 and finale- The Forgotten (with the band, like they did on WMUWSE on the last tour)

I kind of hope they keep "King for a Day" in the set list. That's always a lot of fun when they play it.

I kind of hope they keep "King for a Day" in the set list. That's always a lot of fun when they play it.

Exactly! It's a highlight in the shows.

Exactly! It's a highlight in the shows.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way! I wanna see Mike, Tré, the Jasons and Jeff singing shout! :lol:

do you think they are coming to san diego or LA ?

pretty sure they will play in LA

On the shows they were doing overseas over the summer the background they were using was like the Uno cover without BJ's face. So pretty much the "Green Day" in pink and the green swirly background. Looked pretty cool.

Also, they had a background with their name in lights on some of the outdoor European headline shows last summer-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlDexOIixY

I dunno, I could see Tre dressing up and singing Lady Cobra's part :lol:

I dunno, I could see Tre dressing up and singing Lady Cobra's part :lol:

hahaha I was going to comment the same! it would be fun to see them play Nightlife at least once, just for the hell of it

imagine the show Tré could do during that performance hahaha

Archived