Expectations for the "Trilogy Tour"

Speechless & Redundant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ehh.. They've been playing those songs for 8 years now.

I could see them keeping American Idiot just because it's still a great live track and gets people going.

There is absolutely no way in hell I can see them dropping American Idiot ever. It does play extremely well live and has become one of, if not the, band's signature songs. And in my opinion, as much as I want to hear rarities, experiencing such an iconic song at a concert would be exhilerating.

Even though they are great songs, a lot of the American Idiot songs should be left off this time around.

Kinda tired of hearing Holiday, St. Jimmy, and American Idiot.

As a big fan, sure. But we're the ones who spend time on a Green Day forum, we're not the "average" fan.

Keep in mind that for a very large percentage of the crowd, it'll be their first Green Day show. I'd be pissed if I didn't hear those hits in that case.

Also, I like hits because the entire crowd goes crazy, especially on festivals.

If there's anything they should drop, it's - in my humble opinion - King for a day. I'd rather see them fool around during other songs. I was kind of expecting they'd put out some crowd-teasing song to replace King for a Day with the trilogy, but I suppose I was wrong. :P

If there's anything they should drop, it's - in my humble opinion - King for a day. I'd rather see them fool around during other songs. I was kind of expecting they'd put out some crowd-teasing song to replace King for a Day with the trilogy, but I suppose I was wrong. :P

Noooooo, that's the best part of the show :lol: I really hope they still have it there, it's just so much fun (and different every tour), it brings that side of GD we all know of, but as you said the average fan doesn't really know about, and I want people to see how much fun they actually are on stage, specially with Shout (now that all the band had their turn singing)! As a festival specially, where it's all about being entertained, as much as it is to hear the music and watch them playing!

I'm not sure of what other song they could replace it with... But who knows... I just want their silly and funny side to be shown! :D That's to me one of the best things about seeing them live.

I think for the first third of the setlist they should get into the new stuff, like 10-13 songs, then have like 5 oldies or rarities for the fans, then the classics. Finally the acoustic encore, mix it up between like Give Me Noviacane, or Last Night On Earth or stuff from Warning.

In my opinion they should rethink singing AI songs. I don't mean they shold stop playing them, because they're great...but there are too many NEW good songs that require concert, modified versions. Maybe one/two AI songs, the same with 21stCB, older stuff, and a lot of TRilogy songs. Like breath of fresh air! ;)

The problem is you have so many types of fans to cater for here.

You have the old school fans who want to hear some old stuff (Pasalacqua, 2000 Light Years Away, Christie Road)

You have the "dookie to insomniac" fans (Basket Case, Brain Stew, When I Come Around)

You have the 1998/2000 era fans, (Hitchin A Ride and Minority)

Then you have the massive American Idiot era fans which is still strong as hell. So songs like "American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams) are to cater for them

21st Century Breakdown pulled out a new audience too so "Know Your Enemy, maybe 21st Century Breakdown)

Then as it's a tour for the Trilogy you have those songs coming into the mix.

They have to have a setlist to cater for all these types of fans. When i saw them in 2005 and then 2009, there were very few songs that actually were dropped from the 2005 setlist, as it was full of the classic Green Day singles tracks. They just added to them from 21st Century Breakdown.

Most likely, we will see less 21st Century Breakdown songs, maybe a couple. Then take a couple songs from American Idiot off the list too. Then replace these with new trilogy tracks.

The songs from Dookie to Warning will generally be the same as they have been for years now.

They should stop with so many hits, and start with songs like Jinx, Panic Song, Walking Alone... I really wanna see that :ermm:

edit: And Restless Heart Syndrome :P

They should stop with so many hits, and start with songs like Jinx, Panic Song, Walking Alone... I really wanna see that :ermm:

edit: And Restless Heart Syndrome :P

I think there's more chance of them covering One Direction than playing Restless Heart Syndrome :D

I'd absolutely love it if they did a three night residency, playing the three albums each night. Will probably never happen, but still.

I'm guessing the setlist will be a big mash up of old and new, much like the last tour. They seem to enjoy playing the older songs, so it's unlikely they will cut many of those. All I ask is that they play Brutal Love and X-Kid live, then I'll be happy.

I think there's more chance of them covering One Direction than playing Restless Heart Syndrome :D

Why? because Billie said he doesn't wanna play that song ever again? :P you never know... but I was actually joking about that one

I'm expecting their comeback to South America *cough* Argentina *cough* :) and at this point, any kind of crazy antic onstage :P:lol:
Same here, if they come, hope they don't forget Brazil! :P Probably they will come in December or in the beginning of 2014... I don't know.

hahah! Billie should sing tiny bits of "What Makes You Beautiful" during the shout medley!

Same here, if they come, hope they don't forget Brazil! :P Probably they will come in December or in the beginning of 2014... I don't know.

They definitely won't forget Brazil!

hahah! Billie should sing tiny bits of "What Makes You Beautiful" during the shout medley!

Just no :mellow:

I'm open for new experiments. If they want to play songs like Panic Song, Hold On, Sassafras Roots, No One Knows and Walking Alone more often I will totally enjoy them. :happy:

I just think King For A Day, Longview, Good Riddance, Welcome To Paradise and songs like these NEED to be on the set list, that's all.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see the live version of the trilogy songs, it will be amazing.

Here's are my predictions for the trilogy songs:

Play at every show:

Nuclear Family

Stay the Night

Let Yourself Go

Oh Love

See You Tonight (played over speakers before going on)

Fuck Time

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Makeout Party

Stray Heart
Wow! That's Loud

8th Avenue Serenade

X-Kid
Dirty Rotten Bastards

99 Revolutions

Play at some shows:

Carpe Diem

Kill the DJ

Fell for You

Loss of Control

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Rusty James

Lazy Bones

Wild One

Ashley

Baby Eyes

Lady Cobra

Amy

Brutal Love

Missing You

Drama Queen

Sex, Drugs and Violence

Little Boy Named Train

Amanda

Walk Away

Won't play:

Troublemaker

Nightlife

The Forgotten

As you can see, I'm bored.

I'm expecting the shows to be very ambitious in their presentation, much like the driving force behind the albums and a similar energy to the performance we got at the VMA's, just balls-out rock and roll. At least, that's what I'm hoping for ;b

They are going to do more than 1 show, probably.

and most likely more than 10.

At least I know my prediction will come true right?

I hope the shows are just as long with SLIGHTLY less ''WAAAAAAY-OHHHH''s. Also, they need to drop King For a Day/Shout. I hope they play more songs from Insomiac - Warning, like Blood, Sex & Booze, Prosthetic Head, Hold On and Westbound Sign. Good to see a good mix of things, with about 12-16 songs from the trilogy. I saw Armatage Shanks live and that was great, more of that pls. Hope to go see them on their European leg of the tour.

YES to getting rid of King For A Day/Shout. The shtick has kind of gotten old. And I would just die if they did Blood, Sex and Booze.

Archived