Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Bob Marley & The Wailers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

That's right, I couldn't find a Bob Marley thread

Bound to be Bob Marley fans here

• November's Storms likes this

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,473 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,361 rep

Rep for the guy who makes all the awesome threads that I assumed already existed! :thumbsup:

I have always claimed to be a Bob Marley fan because it's the cool thing to do, but I only started listening to his music properly last year. Of course I love it. Another great singer songwriter from Dublin called Damien Dempsey has a great line about Bob in one of his songs. "When Bobby Marley sings the downtrodden grow wings" True in my case anyway!

2 of the best musicians of the 20th century were called Bob. Not a bad baby name choice. :)

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

The thing about Marley I reckon gets overlooked is the depth of his songs - you feel like there's passion, soul, there's a real person sharing their life with you

I love that, and he is without question the main pioneer of reggae music - a fantastic genre of music in itself

You raise a good point with people liking him to appear cool - he is extremely popular with our age group, due to his association with cannabis, which is a shame that that's what people judge him by, when there is so much more to him as a person

• November's Storms likes this

Mato

Mato
  • Rockabilly Riot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts
  • Joined Aug 28, 2007
  • 240 rep
This is one of the best records ever

The+Wailers+(1965)+-+The+Wailing+Wailers

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

Been listening to Exodus a little bit recently - fantastic record

They put a lot of songs off it on the Legend record as well, more than any other Marley records, which is a shame because Catch a Fire has a lot of great songs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users