Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thank You GDC

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep

POPULAR

Okay so there are 26 Million + fans of Green Day on facebook.It's like everyone on this planet earth who has ever heard music has heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams at some point in their lives.But then, there are trolls also, who keep maing fun of Green Day fans for "selling out".  nobody can be addicted to something that bad!

Out here in India, Linkin Park and Green Day are the two of the biggest foreign acts that people listen to.The thing is, people are deeply addicted to Linkin Park Music and many say they love them just to act cool and stuff.People here are fans of Green Day mostly because of American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown and have no idea that Green Day also had a particular Diamond Certified album called Dookie and to back it up, Nimrod and Insomniac.People judge Green Day only on the basis of AI and 21st CB.There are fans of Coldplay who call Green Day music "gay".But I can't tell them how ironic their comment is because people have kind of stopped listening to Green Day here.I  felt alone, because I had no one to share this love of my favourite band to.And then, one fine day, I got directed to greendayauthority.It's not the same anymore.

Now I have 50,000 people like me, fans of this legendary band to talk to.I can share my best and worse Green Day moments, without being mocked at.I got to know so much more about Green Day when I came here, stuff about which I had no idea(like Bruno Mars singing basketcase).

It's no longer "strange" and "awkward" to talk about the band's children or wives when I came here.

I just want to thank GDA.You guys did a great job.Keep up the good work.The mods may delete this already, but I just wanted to let it out.So thank you again.As sheldon cooper says,"Imagine you are on a planet full of dogs and there, you find another fellow human being.That feeling is priceless"You people are those human beings for me :) I love all Green Day fans :)

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 501 rep

Yeah I totally understand you! I guess we're all the only Green Day fans in our respective communities and thus we feel alone and then we discover GDC! And we're like "Wow I'm actually not alone  :runaround:"

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep

You said it man. GDC is like a home to Indian people like us who have no one in real life to discuss GD or any good music apart from Bollywood shit.

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,501 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,287 rep

It's good to reunite all the fans here from all the countries and share the same passion :

Green Day !

Billie Joe Armstrong !

Mike Dirnt !

Tré Cool !

Thanks to the mods and admins by creating this site, i love it  :happy:

Ritz

Ritz

• 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep

Padh ke rona aa gaya bhai :'D

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 501 rep
It's good to reunite all the fans here from all the countries and share the same passion :

Green Day !

Billie Joe Armstrong !

Mike Dirnt !

Tré Cool !

Thanks to the mods and admins by creating this site, i love it  :happy:

Even though there's a lot of people on GDC, I kinda feel like we're the only French :D , don't you think?

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep
Padh ke rona aa gaya bhai :'D

Green Day zindabaad :P

Ritz

Ritz

• 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep
Green Day zindabaad :P

Exactly!

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,969 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,505 rep

POPULAR

Moved to General Chat

I'm glad you've found a place to feel at home and connect with so many other Green Day fans around the world! I am forever thankful to this place as well. I've met so many life-long friends, tour buddies, and of course the love of my life :wub: I hope you're here to stay!

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,008 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,520 rep

Indeed this is such a nice place to be :D Here there are few people who like rock, and even less that like Green Day, and no one that likes them as much as me, and that knows their pre-AI stuff either :S So I came in here and I felt so warm and happy :)

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,452 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,529 rep

I'm so thankful for GDC, I never knew one single website could eventually lead me to meeting some of my best friends, and also my wonderful boyfriend. :happy: My life would be totally different had I not come back in 2010, and boy I'm sure glad I did. I'm glad you feel comfortable here as well, hope you stick around for a while. :D 

Platypus2000

Platypus2000
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Joined Dec 09, 2012
  • 125 rep

Agree with this completely! It's so nice to recognise we're not alone, even when we feel like we are :)

ConfirmPassword

ConfirmPassword
  • "This is Ferb-tastic!"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2010
  • 844 rep

This thread is going to be so cheesy. But there's a fucking reason! I feel home in here and I'm proud of being a member. I found friends here and I feel I'm feeling free to talk to everyone in here. And we have some of the world's most awesome and helpful people! God I wish I could kiss you all!

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 554 rep

I laughed so hard at the Coldplay part.

Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 87 rep

You took the words right out of my mouth dude. I really feel like I belong here, and I feel I finally have someone to share my Green Day thoughts with, without being ignored, or critizied. Thank You GDC!!!! :)

Advertising

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,857 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,339 rep
My turn to be cheesy. :)

I didn't realize I was such a fangirl over Green Day until I found GDA and GDC and then everything just exploded. I was a kid again loving music and getting to talk about it with like minded fans. Only now these people were through my computer and living all over the world. And I've made friends here (most I've never met) but would defend to the ends of the earth.

I read what people write about how Green Day has affected their lives and I never see "me" in those stories. But the truth is, I would be a lot less of a person without either Green Day or GDC.

So thank you all for being a HUGE part of my life and letting me fangirl over Green Day every now and again. :hug:

PixlovesBJA

PixlovesBJA
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2012
  • 1,555 rep

I know, right? Here in India, it's just Linkin Park. And I've had enough of people terming Green Day as "gay". I mean that's utter shit. Being homophobic won't make them any cooler.  They think it's cool to use such words. I mean, what's wrong if Billie wears eyeliner/kajal? I just don't get it. My schoolmates keep mocking me and it's just annoying, but haters gonna hate.  And, Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the song "I walk Alone" here. Sometimes, I crack up but ya know, when enough is enough.

And then, I come home and log on to GDC, where people appreciate my love for this band. :wub: It's the only place where I can express my thoughts about the band properly.  

I just wish there were more Green Day fans here in India, of course there are, but I just hope every Indian fan joins the forum so that we can share our love for the band better. 

Not just GDC, but we've got a small group  for the Indian fans on Facebook- Dookieland.  It's like home. :wub: 

Green Day family is all about Poprocks and Coke and GDC makes it feel like one, for real. :wub: 

Thanks for creating this thread and thanks to the mods for not locking it up. :wub:

Green Day Family and GDC forever. <3

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 25,380 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 5,801 rep

i am thankful for this forum as well because i've met so many lovely people though it makes me sad that after three years i've still not met anybody. idk at first for me this was a place to talk about green day with people but now it's like a safe place where there's supportive people who reassure you it's okay when it feels like it isn't and i'm really thankful that this place exists.

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • The Worser Half

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 934 rep

It is really hard to find Green Day fans in my town too. GDC is my favorite website to come on, I love so many of the people here and I can freely talk about anything here. Everyone is so nice and I've made my best friend who we can also share anything with and know we won't ever get hurt by. GDC is a magical place, really. :P

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• 15,600 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,256 rep

EDIT: I said something not nice, and I really don't want to get banned again. Sorry.

I think it's pretty obvious how awesome this place is. Even aside from it being a forum for my favourite band, it's a forum filled with amazing, kind and hawt beautiful people. I wish I'd joined years ago.

Eisen

Eisen
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined Oct 01, 2012
  • 48 rep

What a beautiful, nice topic :) Even thought I'm "new" as a registered, proper member, I really feel what you're saying. I mean, I'm from a very small town with a population of, idk, 8000 people at the most, and there's very little people here that like Green Day and no one of them are as crazy about them as me. My family and friends are really supportive, but don't really care,  it's just not the same as coming here with you fellow Idiots  :happy: As others have said above, it's like having a place where you know you're never going to get bored and will always find some relieve from your everyday routine...

In short words: I freaking love this site xD

Florence

Florence
  • Smiley Face

• 15,829 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2008
  • 14,767 rep

GDC :wub: I'm proud being a GDCer!

And I made some awesome friends here <3

(I'll think about more cheesy stuff I can write here )

Was it really necessary to bring that up again?  :dry:  

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • Daddy's had enough now!

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep
I feel home in this place :)

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,857 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,339 rep

You can be so nice and then you do this. Ugly post.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,600 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,256 rep
 You can be so nice and then you do this. Ugly post.

I make jokes, some hit, some miss  :confused:

Should I edit it?

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep
I know, right? Here in India, it's just Linkin Park. And I've had enough of people terming Green Day as "gay". I mean that's utter shit. Being homophobic won't make them any cooler.  They think it's cool to use such words. I mean, what's wrong if Billie wears eyeliner/kajal? I just don't get it. My schoolmates keep mocking me and it's just annoying, but haters gonna hate.  And, Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the song "I walk Alone" here. Sometimes, I crack up but ya know, when enough is enough.

And then, I come home and log on to GDC, where people appreciate my love for this band. :wub: It's the only place where I can express my thoughts about the band properly.  

I just wish there were more Green Day fans here in India, of course there are, but I just hope every Indian fan joins the forum so that we can share our love for the band better. 

Not just GDC, but we've got a small group  for the Indian fans on Facebook- Dookieland.  It's like home. :wub:

Green Day family is all about Poprocks and Coke and GDC makes it feel like one, for real. :wub:

Thanks for creating this thread and thanks to the mods for not locking it up. :wub:

Green Day Family and GDC forever. <3

And Kids, this is the story of How I met your mother.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,857 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,339 rep

I make jokes, some hit, some miss  :confused:

Should I edit it?

No. Just so you understand it was inappropriate. :)

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,842 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,661 rep

The people are lovely too.

And appllingly, unfairly sexy.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,600 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,256 rep
 No. Just so you understand it was inappropriate. :)

After rereading it, I edited it anyway. Apologies. I do go too far sometimes.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,857 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,339 rep

After rereading it, I edited it anyway. Apologies. I do go too far sometimes.
Thanks. I also removed it from mine and Florence's quotes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users