Mike Dirnt Interview AT 5 EST (in 5 minutes)

jetsrule128

I love the part where Mike actually made the air bass dirnt dirnt dirnt sound. :D I've never actually heard him do that.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noooo, they're retiring the pyro? :( How could they?! :runaround:
There will be pyro - but less of it

I'm glad Mike has good prospects for his future.

"One day I'll make a really good homeless dude"

I'm also thinking that Mike may have asked before they went live to not discuss Billie's situation, I'm guessing that's something he will address himself on his return (if they choose to address it)

Guest RedStrokes
I'm also thinking that Mike may have asked before they went live to not discuss Billie's situation, I'm guessing that's something he will address himself on his return (if they choose to address it)
Yeah I got that feeling too. Mike's interviewer came across a little off to me

Mike was so funny..and relax :lol: the band introduction by dookie part was hilarious...

the DJ was so thrilled, i don't think his soul was even there :D sounds like mike interview him..woke up already, dude..(even i would pass out if i spoke to mike..)

:dance: A new interview :dance:

Ok...so I got the feeling the guy was most likely asked beforehand not to mention Billie at all as he never even mentioned his name, not even once, not even at the end when it would have been appropriate to wish well to Billie and Tre or something. He was understandably a little nervous as it is an independant college station landing Green Day but he also asked Mike about something as personal as his mom but completely avoided what any dj/journalist who hasn't been living under a rock would kill to ask about (Billie). He said Mike had spoken to him beforehand so I'm assuming he asked him to not remotely mention Billie (and I am glad). Given that, and the unavoidable nerves (I would die) I think he did good and the interview was enjoyable. A big yay for Mike being so damn nice to him! Also wtf...Quatro?! :lol:

So happy it was recorded thanks GDA :runaround:

This guy did fine, I've heard waaaaaaaaaaay worse interviews, and considering you can tell he's just a college fan like a lot of us, I'd say he pulled it off nicely.

Seeing as these two obviously had a little pre-interview convo in which Mike agreed to talk about his mother, it makes sense that he would have said he wasn't going to speak about Billie. I do wonder if Billie will choose to discuss it himself or if the band decides there's really nothing that they need to share that they haven't already shared. Honestly, I don't think Billie needs to do any kind of interview about his problems... he's laid it out, and will probably lay it out even further, in his music.

The radio guy was definitely fan girling lol. He was like "I'm going to take a second and think about the interview" Or something like that. Pretty much he went to go think, did that really happen??? I SPOKE TO MIKE MOTHERFUCKING DIRNT. Mike is such a awesome guy his reference about the lion king was funny :P

This guy did fine, I've heard waaaaaaaaaaay worse interviews, and considering you can tell he's just a college fan like a lot of us, I'd say he pulled it off nicely.

Seeing as these two obviously had a little pre-interview convo in which Mike agreed to talk about his mother, it makes sense that he would have said he wasn't going to speak about Billie. I do wonder if Billie will choose to discuss it himself or if the band decides there's really nothing that they need to share that they haven't already shared. Honestly, I don't think Billie needs to do any kind of interview about his problems... he's laid it out, and will probably lay it out even further, in his music.

Yeah I don't see why he should do a bunch of interviews about it (obviously it's his business if he wants to)...it would seem a little Oprah, like something Britney Spears or Mariah Carey would do. Sitting down with some tv host and baring his soul would feel contrived...im guessing he will get up on stage and go "hey lets get on with this" and maybe write some songs about it for the next album...or maybe not, after all a lot of his dark issues/stuff he was dealing with are actually in the trilogy anyway.

The radio guy was definitely fan girling lol. He was like "I'm going to take a second and think about the interview" Or something like that. Pretty much he went to go think, did that really happen??? I SPOKE TO MIKE MOTHERFUCKING DIRNT. Mike is such a awesome guy his reference about the lion king was funny :P

Hahaha I know I loved it when the interview was over and you just know that guy needs to go scream into a pillow and get some kind of engraving for himself honoring the greatest day in his journalistic career that will ever be.

Yeah I don't see why he should do a bunch of interviews about it (obviously it's his business if he wants to)...it would seem a little Oprah, like something Britney Spears or Mariah Carey would do. Sitting down with some tv host and baring his soul would feel contrived...im guessing he will get up on stage and go "hey lets get on with this" and maybe write some songs about it for the next album...or maybe not, after all a lot of his dark issues/stuff he was dealing with are actually in the trilogy anyway.

Exactly, I can't picture Billie doing any kind of confession thing, he doesn't take his fame that seriously (although, having watched Oprah's looooong sit down at Steven Tyler's house, I can't say it wouldn't be interesting to see), but I can picture him talking to crowds candidly about it. Not in any kind of specific way, but I wouldn't be surprised if at random moments on the upcoming tour he says before a song one of his typical Billie-like speeches about living and breathing and using the word fuck a lot to describe making bad decisions :lol: That's the Billie way.

Hahaha I know I loved it when the interview was over and you just know that guy needs to go scream into a pillow and get some kind of engraving for himself honoring the greatest day in his journalistic career that will ever be.

Exactly, I can't picture Billie doing any kind of confession thing, he doesn't take his fame that seriously (although, having watched Oprah's looooong sit down at Steven Tyler's house, I can't say it wouldn't be interesting to see), but I can picture him talking to crowds candidly about it. Not in any kind of specific way, but I wouldn't be surprised if at random moments on the upcoming tour he says before a song one of his typical Billie-like speeches about living and breathing and using the word fuck a lot to describe making bad decisions :lol: That's the Billie way.

Yeah...mostly I just don't see what he would even talk about?! Why should he apologize to anyone? I get why they apologized after the iHeartRadio thing because they may have offended kids or parents of young kids between the swearing/exposing himself or maybe they just apologised because numerous reports incorrectly claimed their set was cut by iHeart thus causing his "meltdown" and they wanted to set the record straight on that count. The guys apologised for cancelled/reschuled tour dates. However Billie's personal problems are personal and as Mike stated on Zane Lowe's show or Kerrang (not sure which lol) he is going through "a lot of really big things right now " and im guessing his addiction and subsequent "meltdown" were only a part of his problems, none of which is anyones business. So personally I don't think he owes anybody any explanation or certainly any apology. Im hoping this interview indicates the direction future interviews will take too and leave the issue well alone unless Billie himself wishes to go there :toocool:

Mike referenced the lion king and not only the lion king but a lion king meme... yes! a victory for all.

i did complain about no billie questions earlier but now thinking about it i take back that statement. There's nothing really more to say and if there is billie can answer for himself. Besides, now that i know he's coming back i dont really care about what happened. Bringing up the whole "selling out" thing though? waste of valuable interview time

I agree about the Billie thing. At this point, if he wants to talk about it, Billie can do so. In the beginning, Mike was just letting the fans know a little bit about what was going on. But since a few months have passed since then and things appear to be looking up, it would seem a bit strange to be talking about Billie's personal life during an interview. And agreed - I imagine that if Billie does feel like talking about it at all, it would likely just be at concerts or something. I don't think he'll ignore it, but I don't think he'll make a big fuss about it, either. I can't see him doing a sit-down interview about it. Not that it even really matters how he chooses to address it publicly, if he does at all. As long as he is healthy and happy, that is all that matters.

Anyway - very nice interview with Mike. And I think it is really awesome that he took time to chat with a student-run radio station. I'm sure that was like the highlight of the DJ's life, lol!

I like Mike interviews, he comes over as just a regular guy and they raise his profile but I wanted to hear more questions (and I am not referring to BJA ones, I did not expect that).

I liked the interview! The dude was nervous but that was quite sweet :lol: and he did fine, I liked the having a chat type vibe. I've heard many MUCH worse interviews from professional interviewers. Great to hear Mike being his awesome self, he's so down to earth and amusing :happy:

What did he say about the pyro at their shows?

He said they might have a bit less pyro than they had on the last tour, but they're gonna have loads of cool lighting.

It was a great interview. Very interestingly placed questions and Mike answered them sweetly and nicely! The RJ chose very good topics and seemed well-versed with the current situation of the band. Good thing he ignored asking about Billie. Lovely interview, it was great to hear Mike after a long time!

Lovely interview, seriously. I really like how it also hit a personal note, but definitely didn't get too personal. The interviewer didn't overdo it and it seems he really put some thought in choosing the questions for Mike. Also great to hear something about awesome lighting, that's always something I really pay attention to and appreciate when attending a concert. It simply adds something special and supporting to the atmosphere. Can't wait to see what he's been talking about. Generally, it was great to finally hear something from the band again and right now, I'm even more excited to see the boys live again! :happy:

Archived