Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

At what point is it justified to cheat on your bf/gf?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Remy

Remy
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined Dec 21, 2012
  • 49 rep

I put up with A LOT of shit from my boyfriend. I can't even begin to describe it all, but it's everything from calling me nasty things to ignoring me and generally making sure I am miserable (not always but often). I'm getting increasingly interested in seeing what can happen with other guys (as a direct result of his behavior towards me, I never feel like cheating when we are happy together). Is this justified? At what point do you guys think cheating is justified?

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,562 rep

POPULAR

Never. Just tell the dude it's ower. But I would like to hear his part of the story first. I don't know but girls can be really bitchy sometimes and cry for no good reason couse I am sure you would be pissed off finding out that he is cheating on you, so it's the same thing for him.

Edited by theanswer, 13 January 2013 - 03:50 AM.

• Supa Hot Fire, Sperm, Drop Dead Hideous and 11 others like this

Dark Lord Plagueis

Dark Lord Plagueis
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2011
  • 472 rep
I put up with A LOT of shit from my boyfriend. I can't even begin to describe it all, but it's everything from calling me nasty things to ignoring me and generally making sure I am miserable (not always but often). I'm getting increasingly interested in seeing what can happen with other guys (as a direct result of his behavior towards me, I never feel like cheating when we are happy together). Is this justified? At what point do you guys think cheating is justified?

I'd have to agree with the other guy. It's never OK to cheat on someone. You can try and justify it, but in the end the correct choice will always be to just leave that person, for better or worse. No one wants to be cheated on.
If he is that bad, then leave him before you give up more of your life on someone you aren't happy with.

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,396 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,110 rep

yeah, don't cheat. It's better to just cut it off rather than to piss him off.

Malleus

Malleus
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2010
  • 1,516 rep

POPULAR

Just dump him. Cheating is wrong.

/thread

• tigress, elisa, chewychorizo and 3 others like this

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

Agree with everybody, cheating should never be done in a relationship. Just end the relationship. 

either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain :)

• alien97 likes this

Remy

Remy
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined Dec 21, 2012
  • 49 rep
Never. Just tell the dude it's ower. But I would like to hear his part of the story first. I don't know but girls can be really bitchy sometimes and cry for no good reason couse I am sure you would be pissed off finding out that he is cheating on you, so it's the same thing for him.

So your response is implying that I'm bitchy and cry for no good reason just because I'm a girl?

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,222 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,606 rep
Why are you with someone who makes you feel miserable?
Surely you would finish with him and then find someone who makes you happy.

Kid A

Kid A
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2011
  • 489 rep

Just cut it off. Justifying cheating is like Sticking your dick in a pudding, It may still be good pudding and you could spend all day defending that, but no one's gonna eat it because your stuck your dick in it.

You get the point, Plus being cheated at feels like shit man and normally results crying yourself to sleep while eating ice cream on a tuesday evening.

• fukingcounterstrike, FreakyMe and JackInABox86 like this

pieterv

pieterv
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2011
  • 323 rep

I like how you ask at what point instead of "is it ever justified?".

• Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap, Sleeper Agent. and Pieces of Truth like this

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,176 rep
How would you feel if he cheated on you because he felt you were trying to make him feel miserable? I don't know you or him, so I don't want to make any assumptions on who's right and who's wrong. But truth is, cheating is never ok. Specially if you're planning ahead on doing it. It's just wrong, regardless of how many fights, things said, attitudes. What's the point of being in a relationship if you're not happy with that person and you're intending to do wrong?
  • Pieces of Truth likes this

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• 4,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,030 rep

So your response is implying that I'm bitchy and cry for no good reason just because I'm a girl?
Oh my goodness not that again.
People are trying to give you serious advice and you start to bitch at them?! Congrats, well done.
And for fuck's sake, stop putting words into people's mouthes they never said, nor tried to imply.
  • Malleus, angry_robot, MrLund96 and 1 other like this

elisa

elisa
  • come to me

• 10,534 posts
  • Joined Oct 16, 2006
  • 827 rep

never, it's never justified. it wouldn't be fair to him and it wouldn't be fair to you.

if you're not happy with your relationship and talking with him leads you nowhere, just cut it off. 

Just cut it off. Justifying cheating is like Sticking your dick in a pudding, It may still be good pudding and you could spend all day defending that, but no one's gonna eat it because your stuck your dick in it.

tumblr_m0c2n4getZ1qedmglo2_250.gif

• FreakyMe likes this

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

People here are trying to give you advice - I don't understand why you feel the need to attack people for this

You should just end the relationship instead if you're unhappy - there's no need to cheat

It's not okay to take out your unhappiness on anyone else though, including your boyfriend - cheating on him is a form of doing this

I hope you somehow see sense and dump him instead of dragging him through the bend

A lot of men hate women and a lot of women hate men because they don't know to communicate with each other, don't join them

• Amanda likes this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,393 rep

just you asking the question shows that you DO think it's okay. let me tell you right now it is not okay. it is never okay. you wanting to make him miserable is immature and you should stop. you wouldn't like it if he cheated on you to make you miserable. so be honest with him, if you're unhappy cut it off but tell him the truth. communication is key. don't be a dick.

Advertising

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,320 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,562 rep

I never said that. :confused: Just saying, that sometimes people take things they hear way to personal. I don't know your background story, so I can't judge you, but give yourself some time and ask yourself if your response is actually the thing I wrote. Taking something way to personal. If it is the same with your boyfriend, maybe you are overreacting sometimes, but like I said it is not on me to judge you. About the cheating, I think I was clear enough.

• MrLund96, Pieces of Truth and Platypus2000 like this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,076 rep

POPULAR

Don't know why this has so many likes. The first two lines are a logical response, but the thing about girls? Unneeded and immature. Wow. Really degrades the sound advice you began this post with.
  • GreenDayBass, Trotsky, chewychorizo and 13 others like this

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

I would agree with you, but this is a thread where the OP is asking if it's justified to cheat - I have a feeling if it was a male asking this same question, there would be more of an uproar

And his point is completely true - there are definitely women like that

But that's not to say men are not guilty of the same traits - let's not forget that everyone judges everyone, no matter who you are

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,076 rep
I would agree with you, but this is a thread where the OP is asking if it's justified to cheat - I have a feeling if it was a male asking this same question, there would be more of an uproar

And his point is completely true - there are definitely women like that

But that's not to say men are not guilty of the same traits - let's not forget that everyone judges everyone, no matter who you are

Sure they do, but that doesn't mean that we have to just sit there and accept it. Attitudes like that is what allowed these harsh judgements to become the norm in the first place.

It's equally as wrong.

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

Oh, absolutely - and that's why challenging these attitudes is a good thing

But I'd much rather challenge these attitudes from a stance where I consider both men and women equally

Would you agree?

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 15,982 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,013 rep
you should break up with him before you do anything else, you're just gonna regret it if you cheat. It's no point in cheating if you're not happy in the relationship you're in already.
  • Drop Dead Hideous likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,076 rep
Oh, absolutely - and that's why challenging these attitudes is a good thing

But I'd much rather challenge these attitudes from a stance where I consider both men and women equally

Would you agree?

Exactly, that's the point I was making.
  • Remy likes this

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

Well okay then

Just wanted to clarify that, and make sure we're on the same side

Good times.

Platypus2000

Platypus2000
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Joined Dec 09, 2012
  • 126 rep

Just tell him to fuck off.

Simples ;)

• pasalacquaian likes this

Remy

Remy
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined Dec 21, 2012
  • 49 rep

Look guys, I'm not attacking anyone. Not at all. Actually I appreciate the advice, but it's not easy to just leave him because I see us as the perfect couple in a lot of ways. He is handsome. I don't know if I could do that much better, and he can be really sweet, but I hate him enough when he doesn't treat me right to start thinking about being with other guys.

About the "attacking", I was merely asking what my being a girl has to do with anything. So what if I am. It's irrelevant and unneeded, just like the poster quoted below pointed out.

Don't know why this has so many likes. The first two lines are a logical response, but the thing about girls? Unneeded and immature. Wow. Really degrades the sound advice you began this post with.

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,104 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,125 rep

Cheating on him isn't going to magically solve your problems. And if you're not happy, then you're obviously not the 'perfect' couple. I don't think you should stay with someone just cause you don't think you can do better than them, and obviously if they're not making you happy then you can do better - you can be with someone who does make you happy. Have you tried talking to him about things? Also if you're thinking about getting with other guys then I think that's another sign you should probably end it with him...

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,447 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,934 rep

-If he refuses to accept that it's over

-If the other person is reeeeeeeeeeeeeaally hot

• Remy likes this

Remy

Remy
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined Dec 21, 2012
  • 49 rep
-If he refuses to accept that it's over

-If the other person is reeeeeeeeeeeeeaally hot

Haha, you're kidding, right? xD

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,320 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,562 rep
Look guys, I'm not attacking anyone. Not at all. Actually I appreciate the advice, but it's not easy to just leave him because I see us as the perfect couple in a lot of ways. He is handsome. I don't know if I could do that much better, and he can be really sweet, but I hate him enough when he doesn't treat me right to start thinking about being with other guys.

About the "attacking", I was merely asking what my being a girl has to do with anything. So what if I am. It's irrelevant and unneeded, just like the poster quoted below pointed out.

Actually it is relavant. Becouse of the difference in hormones women are way more emotional gender. Maybe I expressed myself a bit wrong, when saying "bitchy" etc. , but from reading your posts I can see that you want/need attention. If you don't get it you start to think "He doesn't like me anymore". I think what you need is a honest conversation with your boyfriend. I can say from a male perspective, that perhaps we are less emotional, but it is not like we don't care, sometimes you just don't feel like giving 100% of your time to other person but that doesn't mean we don't have feelings for them. That proofs why he is being nice sometimes and why he is beeing an as***le. That is his peronality.

Remy

Remy
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined Dec 21, 2012
  • 49 rep
Actually it is relavant. Becouse of the difference in hormones women are way more emotional gender. Maybe I expressed myself a bit wrong, when saying "bitchy" etc. , but from reading your posts I can see that you want/need attention. If you don't get it you start to think "He doesn't like me anymore". I think what you need is a honest conversation with your boyfriend. I can say from a male perspective, that perhaps we are less emotional, but it is not like we don't care, sometimes you just don't feel like giving 100% of your time to other person but that doesn't mean we don't have feelings for them. That proofs why he is being nice sometimes and why he is beeing an as***le. That is his peronality.

Can I ask which posts of mine you have read where I need attention and say that people don't like me? Cause I can't remember making any. But if you get a female vibe from my posts then it's because yes, I'm a girl, and I'm not ashamed of that. As a matter of fact I am proud of it. But it is irrelevant to this topic, which is about relationships/cheating. We are more emotional than guys and we do cry over stuff, yes, but I don't know which part of my post you found it relevant to talk about that. I think the other girls in this forum can testify that being a girl/emotional has nothing to do with cheating. Are you implying that I somehow need comfort from a man and that is why I want to cheat sometimes? No, it's because I feel like he is pushing me away and doesn't deserve me.

Edited by Remy, 13 January 2013 - 08:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users