Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bad times Green Day's got you through?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Misterglasshalfempty

Misterglasshalfempty
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2009
  • 88 rep

Life.

• porksoda and SumDay like this

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,878 rep
I suppose they're getting me through one now...

maurokanvaz

maurokanvaz
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 49 rep

The girl I was in love with got with my best friend. I'm going to see them at El Paso. FUCK IT :D

porksoda

porksoda
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined May 06, 2009
  • 369 rep

Life.

Fuckin' beat me to it.

Rae'n'shine

Rae'n'shine
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2006
  • 38 rep

Green Day's music has helped me stay sane, honestly. I had a troubled life when I was 14 and I would listen to the whole American Idiot album every night, cry, feel better, and take on the next day with their music pushing me to be stronger and to never abandon my beliefs. They also help me in 2011 when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died 6 months later. 21 Guns and Wake Me Up helped me so much that I think I would be more of a bitter and cold person if those songs weren't there for me to understand my pain and move through it. To this day, angry, depressed, upset, downtrodden, if I hear a Green Day song, life is brighter again. They are my happy pills.

themissingxkid

themissingxkid
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2009
  • 177 rep

Green Day has helped me with insomnia (still is, haha.) and made me feel better through alot of tough moments I've been and maybe will go through.

Bastene 360

Bastene 360
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2013
  • 1 rep

Back in 2010.I had problems on my social life and i'm scared to fight.But when green day came to my life,their songs,the songwriter and their quotes help me something and gave me something.I love them forever.GREEN DAY FOREVER

Billie-Joe's Bitch

Billie-Joe's Bitch
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined Jan 19, 2013
  • 61 rep
I could sit here and explain it all, but it would take waaaay too long. So basically read this blog post I made, and you'll understand why I'm still glad to be alive, all thanks to Green Day: http://www.greendayc...hey-mean-to-me/

Mandy_PunkRock

Mandy_PunkRock
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Joined Jun 27, 2012
  • 1,267 rep

Green Day is my medicine. 

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,795 rep
I can't really say Green Day got me through tough times, since I didn't fully get into them until last year. On the contrary, I will say that since then, they've made my life even more enjoyable than ever. :thumbsup:

Sirens-of-Decay

Sirens-of-Decay
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 22 rep

Basically the start of this school year, and I'm sure many other times. But, this year I was really bummed out, because I had to go to a new school, where I didn't know anyone, and as much as anyone says the trilogy sucks, it was my friend. If I was pissed off at what someone said, or pissed off at homework, I'd turn on my ipod and just memorize song after song. Each album that came out, and the tour gave me something to look forward to when shit got me down.

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,278 rep

They got me through about everything beginning in 2004 and ending in early 2012. Green Day's probably the only reason I stayed sane throughout my screwed up childhood. I'm not exaggerating when I say that without them I would have tried to take my own life. 

dolce_amore93

dolce_amore93
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined Dec 05, 2010
  • 1,248 rep

Oh geez. They got me through middle school (aka The Dark Ages, lol) when I had no idea who I was and was so confused about what person I wanted to become. In that way, they really shaped who I am - they steered me in the right direction to make me someone I am now proud to be, and I am so grateful for that. 

Also, I've had three deaths in the family in the past three years, and they've certainly helped me through that immensely. Currently, my mom has cancer. Just knowing that they're there makes me happy and relaxed. Add me to the list of people who have remained sane because of Green Day! I owe them so much. They are the bright spot in my life in even the roughest of times. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users