Bad times Green Day's got you through?

DannyDirnt

Music is one of the only things I enjoy at the moment - I listen to it whenever I can and I always look forward to it. The thing specifically about Green Day is that I find the music is better than anything else and there's always at least one song to suit your mood, if not more! I generally find the lyrics a lot more relatable than other stuff I listen to aswell (well, to an extent, I mean I don't find King for a Day or Dominated Love Slave very relatable! Lol). :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in '04, they got me through my Grandads death, Uncles death, my mum nearly dying & my dad walking out.

Since then they've gotten me through my parents getting their divorce, being kicked out of school, constant bullying while at school & after leaving.

For many years they've helped me battle depression, anxiety & suicidal tendencies, they'll probably continue to do so for the rest of my life with these issues.

Right now, they're helping me come to terms with losing my job &n my managers constant bullying & harassment.

They're a massive part of my life, as you can see. :P

Middle school and all the junk that came with it. :lol: Verbal abuse, low self-confidence as a result, yadda yadda. They didn't save me. Not by any means. I used to feel that way, but my perspective changed and I realized that I saved myself. The music was there for some motivation, but it didn't do anything beyond that. I believe that they definitely provided some clarity at a young age. They've been more of an artistic inspiration for me through the years. Bad days would sometimes result in listening to Green Day and feeling an urge to draw/write/paint something. It was far better than letting negative emotions build up.

I am a chronically depressed person, I'm taking anti-depressants and whenever I feel down I listen to them. I thought about suicide many many times but their music helps me in those very tough times.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it weird to say they I didnt know anything before them?Like I dont even remember anything before Green Day and yes I did experiment with other music like Beyonce, Mariah Carrey, rap/hip hop but nothing did it for me.I didnt know who I was or what life is I was confused till I found Green Day everything made sence.Yah they saved me. As if I was meant to be a Green Day fan!

Green Day got me through a lot of shit in highschool and is still getting me through any problems that comes by.Their lyrics are just the storys of my life and everyone else's.

Im thankful Green Day are in my life otherwise I dont know what would have happend to me.

oh where do i start? well in 2010 after I found Green Day they helped me through my first case of anxiety. Depression. Then last summer and a bad relationship, my anxiety was terrible. Last fall I began purging and cutting. All my friends abandoned me and I was alone. I tried to kill myself, and a lot of other things... But Billies lyrics gave me the courage to fight and live on I owe Green Day for saving my life. :)

Most of my freshman year of college. I had a really rough time socially then and got severely depressed. There are still times that I get really depressed and Green Day is the best thing in the world during those times.

Depression really. I could pick a song from every album that's helped me get through that.

Sometimes I feel down, but then I put Green Day on and everything seems much better.

Their lyrics are just so brilliant...

I suppose they're getting me through one now...

The girl I was in love with got with my best friend. I'm going to see them at El Paso. FUCK IT :D

Green Day's music has helped me stay sane, honestly. I had a troubled life when I was 14 and I would listen to the whole American Idiot album every night, cry, feel better, and take on the next day with their music pushing me to be stronger and to never abandon my beliefs. They also help me in 2011 when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died 6 months later. 21 Guns and Wake Me Up helped me so much that I think I would be more of a bitter and cold person if those songs weren't there for me to understand my pain and move through it. To this day, angry, depressed, upset, downtrodden, if I hear a Green Day song, life is brighter again. They are my happy pills.

Green Day has helped me with insomnia (still is, haha.) and made me feel better through alot of tough moments I've been and maybe will go through.

Back in 2010.I had problems on my social life and i'm scared to fight.But when green day came to my life,their songs,the songwriter and their quotes help me something and gave me something.I love them forever.GREEN DAY FOREVER

I can't really say Green Day got me through tough times, since I didn't fully get into them until last year. On the contrary, I will say that since then, they've made my life even more enjoyable than ever. :thumbsup:

Basically the start of this school year, and I'm sure many other times. But, this year I was really bummed out, because I had to go to a new school, where I didn't know anyone, and as much as anyone says the trilogy sucks, it was my friend. If I was pissed off at what someone said, or pissed off at homework, I'd turn on my ipod and just memorize song after song. Each album that came out, and the tour gave me something to look forward to when shit got me down.

They got me through about everything beginning in 2004 and ending in early 2012. Green Day's probably the only reason I stayed sane throughout my screwed up childhood. I'm not exaggerating when I say that without them I would have tried to take my own life.

Oh geez. They got me through middle school (aka The Dark Ages, lol) when I had no idea who I was and was so confused about what person I wanted to become. In that way, they really shaped who I am - they steered me in the right direction to make me someone I am now proud to be, and I am so grateful for that.

Also, I've had three deaths in the family in the past three years, and they've certainly helped me through that immensely. Currently, my mom has cancer. Just knowing that they're there makes me happy and relaxed. Add me to the list of people who have remained sane because of Green Day! I owe them so much. They are the bright spot in my life in even the roughest of times.

Archived