Bad times Green Day's got you through?

DannyDirnt

Well, I guess I'm not the only one who's had troubled times and Green Day just made things much easier being there with their music. For me, in 2012 they got me through my problems with anxiety and my eating disorders. They gave me the strenght I needed. If it wasn't for them, both things would have probably mixed up and I would have ended up needing a psychologist (we had already been talking about the idea at my home). What moments did they get you all through?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for sure in 2004...i was already a green day's fan..but...in that year I had a really terrible times and they halped me a lot. I was scared of everything...i got problems with my family, with my friends, with school, with my health and they....only they have helped me

Back in 2011, I was suffering from Anemia and I was about to go into a coma due to low count of hemoglobin in my blood. I had lost hope and I cried really hard. I was under medication and pills and 2 injections almost every week for one and a half months. It was scary. But, I kept listening to Green Day and they made me smile, they made me laugh, and it was an emotional roller coaster. Without Green Day, I don't know what would have happened. It was like a nightmare and Green Day, they're true heroes. They saved me. They still are saving me. I love them to death. :')

Green Day get me through little problems every day :lol: They've never outright cured me of a shitty experience, but they've cheered me up :)

I'm not one of those people who would say "THEY SAVED MY LIFE!" No. But they are a positive thing on bad days.

I don't think green day has got me through any bad times because i dont really understand how they could, rather they gave me a soundtrack to what i was going through and what we all go through. It annoys me when people say "oh green day saved my life". I dont think they did, they just gave you an emotional connection and something you can understand. It's the confidence to save yourself.

i dont think thats what you're trying to get at with this thread but it just made me think of it.

Actually they did inspire me to change my life. Before I knew them, I simply didn't have the guts to stand up for myself and do the things I wanna do. I listened to people's opinions. I remember a time in high school where my teacher asked me what I wanted to study. I said graphic design. He told me to not do it, because "anyone can do that", and that "it would get boring to draw every day", and "I don't like that, you should study law". I believed him.
Anyways, I got to know Green Day, and I decided to make my own decisions. I did end up studying graphic design. I could name a million things I did that I never would've done without that change. :P

To be honest, about 10 days ago, I was having a really hard time. My brother wasn't here & I couldn't talk to my parents, that would make things even worse.

I think in those 2 days, the amount of my tears was just unimaginable, I just couldn't control myself!

Green Day wasn't the only band who saved me, cuz I really wanted to kill myself. But also Black Veil Brides, MCR & Bring me the horizon did :)

" Grasping to control, so I better hold on " in Basket Case & also Good Riddance are just perfect!

Green Day made me realise who i really am... and, they have always been the bright side of my life. and i remember always to look at the bright side of life! :P
I wont say that they saved my life, but they made it worth to live..

i dont think thats what you're trying to get at with this thread but it just made me think of it.

No, I didn't mean they save my life but they gave me lots of help when I needed it and they helped me where no one else could have done it. I'll always be grateful for that.

Well, since I was little I've always had some problems to accept myself and I used to wonder what people think of me all the time, it was like the lyrics on Road to Acceptance ("I always waste my time just wondering what the next man thinks of me"). But since I started to listen to Green Day, their music have helped me a lot to change this and to accept myself, and now I can say that I'm happier with me and my life. I wouldn't say that they've saved my life or so, but they're something positive and encouraging to me and, in the bad times, I always find some kind of relief in their music.

I don't know if this really counts but Green Day has definitely helped me through my life, they haven't saved it, but they sure as hell make easier...for me anyways.

There was a time when my parents were going through a really tough patch and all I wanted to do was lock myself in my room snd hear the end of it.
That example is the best one for Green Day's music helping me through something but no matter what I'm going through at any given time, I can always find a song that I can relate to, ALWAYS.

Well, since I was little I've always had some problems to accept myself and I used to wonder what people think of me all the time, it was like the lyrics on Road to Acceptance ("I always waste my time just wondering what the next man thinks of me"). But since I started to listen to Green Day, their music have helped me a lot to change this and to accept myself, and now I can say that I'm happier with me and my life. I wouldn't say that they've saved my life or so, but they're something positive and encouraging to me and, in the bad times, I always find some kind of relief in their music.

Oh, I am like that song many times :) But most times, I just think of Green Day and feel better. I think what they'd do in my place, or whatever about them, and it cheers me up and makes me have a better time :D

No, I didn't mean they save my life but they gave me lots of help when I needed it and they helped me where no one else could have done it. I'll always be grateful for that.

yeah i know, its still related to this topic though

They got me through my last year of high school. That was when I got into them in 2005 and I was feeling lonely because I didn't have many friends and no guys wanted to be with me (they still don't) but BOBD was the song that made me feel better because it described how I was feeling. They are still getting me through life today.

Green Day get me through little problems every single day but talking about really bad times, I would mention the bullying I had to go through in the first half of 2010. Also the death of my uncle, being hurt and replaced by my at that point of time best friend since kindergarten and definitely the surgeries I had done on my knee and all the general trouble and sadness my knee and a few other health problems bring.

I went through about a 6 month stint of being homeless and living off of people's couches and motel rooms back in 2004. American Idiot couldn't have come out at a more perfect time for me. Without access to a computer, I had a friend rip a cd that I listened to as I drove around the city in my beat up Grand Am, basically wasting time and chasing opputunities. I had every other album with me, but something about AI hit home. It didn't provide me a solution to my problems, but it sure as hell made me feel more at ease about the cluster-f things had become :)

Usually their music can perk me up if I'm feeling down or something like that, but I think the biggest way they help me out is by telling me not to give up.

See, I want to be a writer, more likely a music journalist and of course it's not the easiest job to get into and I have a lot of people around me who think I wasted my college career trying to be a writer. And there are so many days when it seems so easy to give up writing and do something that will get me a job like a doctor or something. But then I think of Green Day...not just their music, but their story....how they came to be. And I think hey they made it somehow...I can do the same. It's just going to take a lot of hard work. Besides, I think quite a few of their songs seem to have a message of not giving up and following their dreams, so I have them to thank for that.

When I discovered I was a homosexual. I think without Green Day my life would be totally different at the moment. I would most likely still be in the closet. Green Day helped me accept who I was and accept my differences, and fuck everyone who doesn't like me for who I am. This is the main reason Green Day will always be my favorite band.

"There's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be"

da fuck Oo

i just wanted to post a status update on my profile page about how GD are the only ones who can still make me feel better in such bad times :D

im currently doing my a-levels, so its a tough time for me..plus my best friend left for several months/years to study in ukraine..plus my mother wants to throw me out of the house because she thinks i dont care about my future life and party/hang out with friends too much..plus my dad, who currently got same alcohol abuse problems like billie (dat irony :D ) is sick to death and also wants to get me out of the house..plus im currently having huge troubles with my best female friend..

life sux :/ but i dont know why but everytime i listen to GD i can rly feel that im feeling better :D

My time in the service. Hands down one of the most difficult points in my life. Different than others who have served, but still difficult for me nonetheless.

Green Day got me through being a really pissed off and hormonal 13 year old kid. I'd always get depressed and I was always fighting with people. Listening to their music just made me feel better so whenever I'd have a really bad day I'd just listen to them and it'd be a lot chiller. :lol: Now I'm 17 and things are a lot less crazy (but way more in others) but I still have bad days, and I can still listen to Green Day to feel better. They're just one of the few awesome constants in my weird life. Even if I grow up and my music taste changes, although I can't see it changing so drastically, I'll always remember how Green Day first impacted me.

Archived