Bad times Green Day's got you through?

DannyDirnt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some times when I listen to Green Day i hear lyrics that sound like they where writen for me. It makes me really emotional and no other band can do that as well as them.

When I started listening to Green Day I was very confused about who I was. I wasn't happy. Kept trying to be like everyone else and failed big time :lol: Because of Green Day I realized that I didn't have to be like everyone else and in times where I still had no idea who I was I could say "I am Green Day" and in that way, I could identify me with something. Now, of course with the help from the boys, I can say "I am me" :happy:

So I'm one of those who say that Green Day saved my life. That's probably an over reaction cause I don't think would be dead if it wasn't for them. But to think about, where I would be if I didn't found Green Day, scares me...

OMG! Green Day music is like an anti depressive, when you are sad about everything they have a song for it when you are happy they have a song for it, for me last year I was very depressed with school but putting my headphones and listen Platypus is just the pefect thing to FUCK THE WORLD!

I found GDC though Green Day, and that has helped me a lot. I have a lot of good friends here, and they've helped me.

Also the JOS helped me a lot when I was about 14 - 15. It helped me learn English and to understand that words isn't just words.

In addition, I found out that a lot of people is equally fucked in the head, and that's comforting to know.

OMG! Green Day music is like an anti depressive, when you are sad about everything they have a song for it when you are happy they have a song for it, for me last year I was very depressed with school but putting my headphones and listen Platypus is just the pefect thing to FUCK THE WORLD!

Same!

They've helped me when I got bullied at school really badly last year. I don't know, their songs just spoke to me and told me that it'll be okay. They still help me when I'm feeling sad or lonely. I don't know what my life would be like without them! :)

I haven't had too much stuff happen to me thankfully. If anything, last year, particularly the second half, I was very stressed and getting upset more than usual. Green Day gave me something else to keep my mind on and something to look forward to with the trilogy.

Oh yeah, there was also the time a couple years ago when my "friend" was very jealous of me and kept annoying me. It got the point of me dreading going to school, knowing id have to see her. I liked to dedicate a playlist to her sometimes: Platypus, FOD, Take Back etc. It worked quite well. Thanks Green Day!

yeah i know, its still related to this topic though

Yeah, yeah don't worry :) I was just explaining myself

Well, Green Day music changed me. Or it helped me to realise that no matter what people says, the most important is who you really are and what are your ideas.

Their music also helped me somehow when my grandma died. I was in September, so I was listening all time long WMUWSE and the whole 21st Century Breakdown. It was also the time, when I was discovering the whole music of Green Day.

Well about two and a half years ago.. i was strung out on heroin and it took me multiple times to try and quit for good. It was one of the hardest things ive ever had to do in my life. But in the midst of withdrawing off that shit... id be laying on the ground sicker than shit shaking with cold sweats and hot flashes.. body aches.. puking.. id just put on my head phone and listen to green day. Not saying the music made it any easier, but it did help keep my mind from thinking about just spending 20 dollars and all this pain will go away. Green days music really did help me during the toughest time in my life and today Im 2 and half years clean and sober... only 25 years old and feel lucky to have made it away from that shit alive! RIP to all the friends ive lost to the demon called H.

They've saved my life (literally), when ever I have a bad day I just pop on my earbuds and all my problems go away. Without them I would not be here today.

They've saved my life (literally), when ever I have a bad day I just pop on my earbuds and all my problems go away. Without them I would not be here today.

Are you sure they literally saved your life? :mellow:

I wouldn't say they 'saved' my life or anything like that, but I've always dealt with anxiety disorders and depression and they have definitely helped me feel better about myself. Seeing them live was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Green Day literally did save my life. I have been a fan since the early 90's. I have seen them in concert at least once for every album starting with Insomniac. In 2004, I lost my best friend (my first horse). A lot of people probably won't understand this, but I went through those tough teenage years with my horse, and he kept me sane. I had him since I was 12 years old. My worrld pretty much revolved around him. The majority of friends that I had, I met through him (because those people had their horses at the stables where he lived). Losing him was the hardest thing that I have ever had to deal with. He colicked (it's like a stomach ache, but it can be deadly to horses), and I spent the night with him at the stables, he still wasn't better by the next morning (I had the vet out 3 times to check on him as Laddie was well known for colicking). The next morning my family and I made the decision to haul him down to a veterinary hospital to have surgury to try and save his life). To put a long story short, he made it through the surgery but had a heart attack coming out of anesthesia and passed away. Part of me died that day (and I ended up having a white patch of hair on my eyebrow the next day... I still have it to this day). I was so devestated that I didn't want to live. I felt that I had nothing to live for, my world collapsed. I shut down and withdrew from everyone, it was almost like I was nothing more than a body. I found out about American Idiot coming out shortly after, and that is what began the process of me returning back to normal. I had something to look forward to. My parents suprised me with tickets to one of the concerts, and it gave me the push to want to keep going on. It is very strange for me to think that so much time has passed since that horrible day, but I have 3 guys that I thank for giving me the push to stay around. Sorry for the long story.

Are you sure they literally saved your life? :mellow: I wouldn't say they 'saved' my life or anything like that, but I've always dealt with anxiety disorders and depression and they have definitely helped me feel better about myself. Seeing them live was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
Yes I don't like talking about it but I would have been x-kid without their words

Yes I don't like talking about it but I would have been x-kid without their words

Big love to you. I hope you never find yourself there again.

Green Day have a compassion in their songs that is rare. I'm 40something not 14, and yet I've found them understanding me and picking me up out of where i was so many times, from Warning to 21 Guns and the eternally mindblowing Brutal Love. I'm doing it with them, but many of you will only appreciate lyrics and melodies even more as you age, rather than less. It's such a gift. Billie Joe shows the same vulnerability in his writing now that he did as a teenager - and that and his humanity and fallibility - is his gift. It's the same vulnerability that also attracts the scorn and the hate.

Seeing them live was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Good for you that you've seen them;

I hope I can go to a concert in Milan this year or I'll kill my fucking boss!

Green Day's music helped me get through tough and emotional times when I was in High School. Lately, the Trilogy has been really easing me through tough times in college.

I've learned things through their music that I'll never learn anywhere else, and on top of that they've inspired me to write and perform music for myself.

I wouldn't say Green Day, or music, saved my life; but it has damn sure made it worth living.

I suffer from depression, so Green Day has been extremely important to helping me at those times when I have been most depressed.

I wouldn't say it saved my life but Take Back and Horseshoes and Handgrenades are two of the most therapeutic and invigorating songs to listen to when I'm frustrated or angry. Which is very often :D

• 3 weeks later...

green day to me is like therapy , their music helps me in every situation of my life..Especially 'hold on' or some other songs always gave me the strenght to go on when everything was fuvked up..

Archived