"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure that's going to be the next single after X-Kid. I saw a copy of Tre in a record store the other day and there was a sticker on it saying something like, "featuring songs "8th Avenue Serenade, X-Kid and 99 Revolutions"

so apparently 8th Ave Serenade was a single. News to me.

It wasn't, they just put stickers like that on CDs....

God, I can't wait to see Green Day perform this live on say, Letterman or something. Maybe they'll be out there with this song.

God, I can't wait to see Green Day perform this live on say, Letterman or something. Maybe they'll be out there with this song.

That's an epic promise. Geeze hopefully they do promo before the tour...

Well maybe they won't, but whatever, whenever it happens hopefully it includes epicness of songs.

Just the fact that this is SOOO many people's favorite song, and they've NEVER performed it live... so exciting!! I sure hope they make it a part of their tour set in the spring!

Yeah definitely. They wouldn't be putting out another single unless they were really going to push it. And it probably means they will play it live. Such great news.

It wasn't, they just put stickers like that on CDs....

Idk, 9 times out of 10 if a record company is going to put a sticker on a CD saying that a certain 3 or 4 songs are on an album, they're gonna be the singles. Why else would they list them there?

anyway. I'm excited to see them on SNL or Leno and everyone else. I miss seeing Green Day on my TV.

Wow, I just posted this song on my Facebook saying..."You will all know this song this Spring 2013, and when you hear it, think of me" I told you so. :)

Idk, 9 times out of 10 if a record company is going to put a sticker on a CD saying that a certain 3 or 4 songs are on an album, they're gonna be the singles. Why else would they list them there? anyway. I'm excited to see them on SNL or Leno and everyone else. I miss seeing Green Day on my TV.
On Dos it said the same about Stop When The Red Lights Flash and Amy as well as Stray Heart.

This is awesome! Wonderful song choice for a single. It will be amazing to hear them playing it live on a regular basis!!!

On Dos it said the same about Stop When The Red Lights Flash and Amy as well as Stray Heart.

I think these songs would be the singles if the band was able to do some promotion.

Idk, 9 times out of 10 if a record company is going to put a sticker on a CD saying that a certain 3 or 4 songs are on an album, they're gonna be the singles. Why else would they list them there?

anyway. I'm excited to see them on SNL or Leno and everyone else. I miss seeing Green Day on my TV.

You're right, these CD stickers and such were most likely printed at the same time, meaning before BJ's meltdown. So those were gonna be the 3 singles from this CD. Sad really, it would have sold so much more with X-Kid on the airwaves.

Great to know. We just want more Green Day on the radio out there and hoping for a video to boost things up even more!

You're right, these CD stickers and such were most likely printed at the same time, meaning before BJ's meltdown. So those were gonna be the 3 singles from this CD. Sad really, it would have sold so much more with X-Kid on the airwaves.

cds dont get printed til 2-3 weeks before release dates....

cds dont get printed til 2-3 weeks before release dates....

The meltdown happened about a week before the drop of Uno! Considering that all of the vinyls were printed at the same time, and this being a trilogy, it's not hard to assume that they printed off all of the stickers and labels at the same time.

The meltdown happened about a week before the drop of Uno! Considering that all of the vinyls were printed at the same time, and this being a trilogy, it's not hard to assume that they printed off all of the stickers and labels at the same time.

Trust me i know how Warner works PERSONALLY considering I did work for them...

they vinyls werent pressed at the same time...

every Warner labels (Warner Reprise Atlantic Elektra) gets cds pressed up generally 3-4 weeks before release date to cut down bootlegging

Trust me i know how Warner works PERSONALLY considering I did work for them...

they vinyls werent pressed at the same time...

every Warner labels (Warner Reprise Atlantic Elektra) gets cds pressed up generally 3-4 weeks before release date to cut down bootlegging

The vinyls WERE pressed at the same time, at least the Hot Topic variants were. Why else would they have the original track listing such as the swapped Stray Heart and Drama Queen? Because they were printed BEFORE those were switched. It's not too hard to figure out man.

I love X-Kid and hope they play it live in the Spring. It's hard though because I love Lazy Bones too and since they're of a similar vein I have a feeling they might not perform both live.

The vinyls WERE pressed at the same time, at least the Hot Topic variants were. Why else would they have the original track listing such as the swapped Stray Heart and Drama Queen? Because they were printed BEFORE those were switched. It's not too hard to figure out man.

the hot topics are pressed by their people not Warner's

Warner uses a vinyl plant in Dallas Texas Hot Topic uses a place in California

dude I worked for Warner Music Group I know how they operate they are NOT going to do things one way for HUNDREDS of artists and do something TOTALLY different for ONE single artist DOES NOT work that way

the hot topics are pressed by their people not Warner's

Warner uses a vinyl plant in Dallas Texas Hot Topic uses a place in California

dude I worked for Warner Music Group I know how they operate they are NOT going to do things one way for HUNDREDS of artists and do something TOTALLY different for ONE single artist DOES NOT work that way

Look man, it's a trilogy of albums. HUNDREDS of artists don't put out a trilogy. So it's MORE than possible they printed off the stickers at the same time. The CD's, Idunno. Maybe, maybe not. Those have the correct track listing. But the stickers seem pretty obvious given that the sticker on a CD for HUNDREDS of artists lists the singles so people know to buy it. So why would they put the stickers with singles that no one knows? It's obvious.

Look man, it's a trilogy of albums. HUNDREDS of artists don't put out a trilogy. So it's MORE than possible they printed off the stickers at the same time. The CD's, Idunno. Maybe, maybe not. Those have the correct track listing. But the stickers seem pretty obvious given that the sticker on a CD for HUNDREDS of artists lists the singles so people know to buy it. So why would they put the stickers with singles that no one knows? It's obvious.

the stickers get printed at the same times as the cds and booklets all in one factory

labels put tracks on there thats not always singles (In Utero when it first came out in 93 said featuring Heart Shaped Box and Rape Me Rape Me was NEVER a single....)

the cds had correct tracklisting cause it was printed AFTER the switch vinyl wasnt cause Dos was already sent to press before hand

trust me I have 14 yrs of experience in music business got several platinum and gold plaques in my name (for albums I worked on) im not just pulling things outta my ass...

as for X Kid i think it's a great song perfect for the mainstream

Archived