"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

No more singles from Dos? I would love to see a video for Lazy Bones or Wild One. Anyway, X-Kid is a great choice. Not my fave on the album, but I can see why it´s the single

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it wasn't

wasn't even a radio promo

it was a b side to the all apologie single

only single In Utero has is Heart Shaped Box & All Apologies

was a b side not a double

can you name ANY radio station that plays it?

im willing to put down money on it

The rock radio station I listen to plays it every once and a while.

On the subject of X-Kid, hoping that the cassette video was just a silly thing, I imagine we could get a pretty awesome video especially if Green Day was in it.

I think X-kid is a very good choice and not what I would have expected. Good sign that things are getting back to "normal!" :)

The rock radio station I listen to plays it every once and a while.

On the subject of X-Kid, hoping that the cassette video was just a silly thing, I imagine we could get a pretty awesome video especially if Green Day was in it.

That video never said anything about being the official video. It was just putting the song out there.

Great single choice but now we need a great video and live appearances to get the song the recognition it deserves.
I've already imagined the video.

Guest RedStrokes

A little disappointed in single choice. :( while I like x-kid, I think it's too typical in what we always get in a green day single. Compare stray heart, oh love, and x-kid, they sound a bit similar don't they? Anyway I was hoping for either brutal love or dirty rotten bastards to the single. Oh well too bad....

A little disappointed in single choice. :( while I like x-kid, I think it's too typical in what we always get in a green day single. Compare stray heart, oh love, and x-kid, they sound a bit similar don't they? Anyway I was hoping for either brutal love or dirty rotten bastards to the single. Oh well too bad....

I agree but These two songs are maybe the two most complex songs from the album. It would be hard to pick them as singles. No radio airplay and maybe no interest from the younger generation who likes "simple" songs. In my opinion, single choices aren't about choose the different ones.

Fantastic choice, now release a proper music video and promote the shit out of it! It feels really great to finally know something after all this time of "news drought" :happy:

While I love the song, I have a funny feeling that I'm gonna get sick of it..

What you say will surely happen because you're biased. :)

This is pretty good single choice imo, but I think 99 Revolutions is a little bit more radio friendly. I can't see X-Kid being a huge hit, getting shit loads of playtime on radio and topping charts, but I hope I'm wrong on that one. Anyway, it's great to see that boys are getting back to business and I'm really looking forward to see their next music video :)

So this song comes out in 12 days. Wonder if Green Day is back in business to promote it. I have to agree with everyone saying that this song WILL NOT SUCCEED without promotion. Oh Love was not the best single Green Day has put out on this album, but it's the only that really had any kind of success, and it was promoted. Granted, it was also the first one, so it had that going for it. At this stage in the game, this song needs all the publicity it can get.

I agree with Andre, Missing You is the most radio friendly song on Tre and has the potential of being a hit. 99 revolutions could have been a hit at the peak of the 99% movement but now its kind of late. X-Kid, while a great song, has lyrics that are a bit too dark for radio, maybe I'm wrong. Other songs that would be good singles are Amanda, 8th Avenue Serenade and Drama Queen.

What the fuck does a music video have to do with all of this? That's a totally separate issue. Although uncommon not all singles have music videos

In the case of Green Day, some examples are: Welcome to Paradise, She, Maria (All of them have "promo" or "unofficial" videos)

However, all of those songs were singles.

X-Kid at least has the potential to do well. It's a great song and its catchy as hell. I'm glad they didn't go with 99 Revolutions, it probably would have tanked. It's too repetitive.

I mean i think it at least seems less repetitive than minority and know your enemy and those are still played on the radio today. So I can definitely see it having success. X - Kid I don't see having as much success. The first single should have been Stay the Night, then Oh Love, Nuclear Family and Let yourself go and stray heart, and then just 99 Revolutions for Tre. Tre is the best of the trilogy best I think has fewer hit possibilities.

In the case of Green Day, some examples are: Welcome to Paradise, She, Maria (All of them have "promo" or "unofficial" videos)

However, all of those songs were singles.

No man xD We were talking about Rape Me being a single for Nirvanas In Utero, even though it had no video. A song doesn't HAVE to have a video, it's just the nomral thing to do. I'm hoping that we get a video for X-Kid. It's a very mature song and really deserves a lot of love.

Tre is full of songs that have the potential of being a single.Brutal Love, The Forgotten, X-Kid, 8th Ave Serenade or Amanda/Walk Away/Missing You.Honestly, my favourite song is Dirty Rotten Bastards, but I don't think it's a single potential because of it's size.But hey! November Rain, JoS, Fuel etc are also long tracks that did well!!

I guess forgotten could be a single as it didn't have much success on the twilight soundtrack. I think it is still the most popular on itunes of all the songs on tre.

Here in switzerland, Missing You has airplay on mainstream radio station which is great but weird, because I've never heard it was released as single anywhere.

The big radios here played and still play Kill the DJ, Oh Love, Let yourself Go & Stray Heart as well :)

I'm so glad to see this song become a single. It's too good of a song for people to not know it. By any chance is there a way to get that red background from the "custom" cover art because I LOVE IT!!!

Archived