"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

Excellent choice :happy: And as some people here already said, it would be awesome to see the boys play X-Kid on shows like Letterman..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great song, but I do think there were better choices from the trilogy. I hope it does well!

Honestly nervous and excited. X-Kid is my favorite off the trilogy and now on e of my favorite Green Day songs, over played air time for this song means it wont have the same meaning and no one will look at it the same as its real meaning. Same thing happened to We Are Young by fun. Great song, but over played a bit much. But I am glad that I can hear it on the radio. Its nice to be a part of this era, I missed every other one and to say I got the CD's on their release date and have kept up with them since the day they announced it has been great.

I'm really glad there will be another single for the trilogy. They chose a really good song too. I just hope I actually get to hear it on the radio or something. I have never heard a song from ¡Tré! Or ¡Dos! For that matter on the radio.

i can't see why stray heart failed even with the lack of promotion. it is a great song (my fave off dos) and it has a good music video to boot.

I would be devestated to see X-KID fail because it means so much to me and is such a good song.

Not my favourite song from Tre but a great choice for a single.

I agree that Stray Heart had so much potential though, it's such a shame nothing happened with it.

YES! :yay:

For once something in this era finally went the way I'd hoped. If this song doesn't catch the attention of the mainstream, I don't know what will. It's got enough pop appeal, yet is still unique enough to stand out.

I can't quite explain it, but something about this song just has a spark that most of the trilogy songs don't have. Like, when they finally play it live I'll probably get all emotional and shit, especially if it's part of a big, successful comeback for them. Very good choice. :happy:

can't wait for the music video :creep:
I fear we may have already gotten that ;).

If so, kill me now!

It's like throwing your best gladiator into a pit of lions and not even giving him a weapon.

I think the only song on Tre more marketable than X-Kid is 99 Revolutions, but maybe they're hoping the Occupy movement will start up again in the spring and it'll have more of a chance to catch fire then. This song would have been HUGE back when the protests were happening.

Yeah, let's hope for a spring-through-summer hit in 99 Revolutions. Occupy or not, I can see it happening.

______

On a different note, how long was the time span between American Idiot's and 21st Century Breakdown's first and last single?

Edit: I looked up the time between first and last single of 21CB back to Dookie

21CB; 11 months

AI: 13 months

Warning: 15 months

Nimrod: 18 months

Insomniac: 11 months

Dookie: 15 months

Looks like we can statistically expect singles up through the summer.

Great choice. It was either that or Brutal Love, which I'm still hoping for.

I don't think it will ever be Brutal Love. The credits on Tré says "Words by BJA/ Music by GD and Sam Cooke" so they admit it's a musical tribute to 'Bring It On Home To Me'. I'm not saying it's a rip-off, cause I don't think it is, but if it was released as a single it would draw focus towards the similarities and the press would hang Green Day for it. Wasn't it for this fact it would've been perfect, but it would flop and only bring bad press.

I'm happy that X-Kid is the next single but i want an official announcement and a promotion. This can be done without GD only a few ands in important TV-Channels and in the Internet. Thats all and not hard to do!

Hurrah. I had a feeling it would be 99 Revolutions, being more radio-friendly. But X-Kid was the best choice. I just really hope the band release a music video for the song once they get back on their feet.

Probably the best choice for a single off Tre! 99 Revs would have been my second choice, but this is less repetitive so it will stand up better to mass radio play.

How awesome would it be if the song is a big hit and GD start releasing singles from all 3 albums? And then sales for the whole trilogy increase? :dance:

Excellent choice! It's one of my favourite songs of the trilogy. Can't wait to hear it on the radio

Thing is though, I love the song but without proper promotion for it, how will it be a successful single? not much of the singles so far have done that well, (but i really hope it does)

this time no one can disagree about the next single choice

I think that this is what Green Day need to be rocking on the radios right befere the beggining of the new tour

I don't know why everyone things this will go well on charts :ermm: Except from the intro it doesn't sound like radio material for me(it also gets boring after a while...)

But on the other hand I was so sure Kill The DJ and Stray Heart will be huge so what do I know? :confused:

It's a good song but don't expect it to do well if it's not promoted like Oh Love(I think the best promoted song of the trilogy)

Matthew and I made single artwork for this track a few months back! Super excited that it's being released as a single.

webreadyxkidv2.jpg

Archived