"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

the stickers get printed at the same times as the cds and booklets all in one factory

labels put tracks on there thats not always singles (In Utero when it first came out in 93 said featuring Heart Shaped Box and Rape Me Rape Me was NEVER a single....)

the cds had correct tracklisting cause it was printed AFTER the switch vinyl wasnt cause Dos was already sent to press before hand

trust me I have 14 yrs of experience in music business got several platinum and gold plaques in my name (for albums I worked on) im not just pulling things outta my ass...

as for X Kid i think it's a great song perfect for the mainstream

Rape Me WAS A single. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_Me

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
labels put tracks on there thats not always singles (In Utero when it first came out in 93 said featuring Heart Shaped Box and Rape Me Rape Me was NEVER a single....)

I have to correct you there, it was a double single with All Apologies.

no it wasn't

wasn't even a radio promo

it was a b side to the all apologie single

only single In Utero has is Heart Shaped Box & All Apologies

I have to correct you there, it was a double single with All Apologies.

was a b side not a double

can you name ANY radio station that plays it?

im willing to put down money on it

no it wasn't

No, Moist Vagina was the b-side. Rape Me was a double A-side.

no it wasn't

did you even READ the link I gave?

"The song was released as the second single from Nirvana's third album In Utero in 1993, packaged as a double A-side along with "All Apologies"

A dual single. It even has a video man. It charted!!!!

On that same page it shows the in the UK Rape Me was the first track over All Apologies.

did you even READ the link I gave?

"The song was released as the second single from Nirvana's third album In Utero in 1993, packaged as a double A-side along with "All Apologies"

A dual single. It even has a video man. It charted!!!!

On that same page it shows the in the UK Rape Me was the first track over All Apologies.

Rape Me DOES NOT have a video....

show me an official Rape Me video I'll fly to you and hand you 100k in cash

and Im not talking about UK im only talking US

labels handle shit differently in US and UK...

Doesn't matter if it had a video or not, it clearly was a single.. Also, it'd be hard for me to believe that no radio station has ever played it.

Whoops, got me there was no video for that SINGLE. Still doesn't dispute it being a single, as some singles just don't get videos.

All Apologies has no video either as far as I can tell, but you already called it a single.

I would love to hear this perfect song on the radio. I think it could be a great comeback song so I hope radio goes for it and it gets a proper video.

What the fuck does a music video have to do with all of this? That's a totally separate issue. Although uncommon not all singles have music videos

I would love to hear this perfect song on the radio. I think it could be a great comeback song so I hope radio goes for it and it gets a proper video.

If THIS doesn't get everyones attention, I don't know what else could. This has to be one of the most marketable tracks in the trilogy. Right? XD

X-Kid is a fantastic song so this makes me SO happy.

I really hope this single will be promoted well.

Idk, 9 times out of 10 if a record company is going to put a sticker on a CD saying that a certain 3 or 4 songs are on an album, they're gonna be the singles. Why else would they list them there?

anyway. I'm excited to see them on SNL or Leno and everyone else. I miss seeing Green Day on my TV.

But it *wasn't* a single. It may be in the future, but it wasn't one that anyone has missed at any rate. And sometimes songs become known but aren't singles.

What the fuck does a music video have to do with all of this? That's a totally separate issue. Although uncommon not all singles have music videos

cause he said it has a video he threw the video up

I have a feeling he's talking UK stuff

UK and US labels operate differently I'm only speaking on US in the US Rape Me was not a single yeah the UK it was a double single but not in the US in the US only HSB was issued for In Utero and All Apologies after Kurt passed and it was just a 1 track cd

I think the only song on Tre more marketable than X-Kid is 99 Revolutions, but maybe they're hoping the Occupy movement will start up again in the spring and it'll have more of a chance to catch fire then. This song would have been HUGE back when the protests were happening.

I think the only song on Tre more marketable than X-Kid is 99 Revolutions, but maybe they're hoping the Occupy movement will start up again in the spring and it'll have more of a chance to catch fire then. This song would have been HUGE back when the protests were happening.

I think X Kid 99 Revolution and Brutal Love would be the best

while the Occupy movement has died down it still touches on stuff that still going on

cause he said it has a video he threw the video up

I have a feeling he's talking UK stuff

UK and US labels operate differently I'm only speaking on US in the US Rape Me was not a single yeah the UK it was a double single but not in the US in the US only HSB was issued for In Utero and All Apologies after Kurt passed and it was just a 1 track cd

Man, I'm talking both USA and UK. This song has been on American radio stations. The AMERICAN stations that play it? Or that wikipedia has it wrong in every mention of the song?

It's a single. There is no denying it, it's not an opinion or matter of interpretation, it's a fact. A 19 year old fact.

I'm glad they're going with this song. It's probably my favorite off the album. I especially love the harmonies in it. I know a lot of people who will be hearing this on the radio and will go "wait, this is Green Day?!" :happy:

more promotion here we come!

Man, I'm talking both USA and UK. This song has been on American radio stations. The AMERICAN stations that play it? Or that wikipedia has it wrong in every mention of the song?

It's a single. There is no denying it, it's not an opinion or matter of interpretation, it's a fact. A 19 year old fact.

Wiki is wrong on the US part...

I'll email Gary Gersh (the A&R of Nirvana who HANDLED the album) and see what he says about it if you want to place a bet about it

Wiki is wrong on the US part...

I'll email Gary Gersh (the A&R of Nirvana who HANDLED the album) and see what he says about it if you want to place a bet about it

I'm not going to bet. Even if I did, what would we bet?! I bet a million question marks? That's silly.

The wiki isn't wrong. I have heard this song on the radio dozens of times, almost as much as Teen Spirit considering they ARE the same song, just one backwards and down a half step. I wouldn't have even known this song when I was younger had it not been for it being a single. It didn't chart well in America, that's true. But it was and IS a single.

I'm not going to bet. Even if I did, what would we bet?! I bet a million question marks? That's silly.

The wiki isn't wrong. I have heard this song on the radio dozens of times, almost as much as Teen Spirit considering they ARE the same song, just one backwards and down a half step. I wouldn't have even known this song when I was younger had it not been for it being a single. It didn't chart well in America, that's true. But it was and IS a single.

cause it didnt chart at all check your link

it was not a single in the US I bet you 100k in cash to prove me wrong all Wiki is showing is UK i want US show me US charts

cause it didnt chart at all check your link

it was not a single in the US I bet you 100k in cash to prove me wrong all Wiki is showing is UK i want US show me US charts

Actually I rechecked. Seeing as how it was a double single with All Apologies it DID chart in the US. As a standalone song it didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Utero_%28album%29#Music_and_lyrics

scroll down to the singles section.

thanks for the debate Sensei I actually needed that made my shitty day a little brighter

I think it's good if it gets played a shit ton so that they can get back some of their momentum as a band in the mainstream and shit.

Archived