"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly confused. GreenDay.com says Jan 22, GDA says feb?

GreenDay.com always takes its news from GDA and from here, so...GDA posted about the release being on Jan 22 and they wrote that on the official site :rolleyes:

Slightly confused. GreenDay.com says Jan 22, GDA says feb?

All Access added it to their January 22nd list several days ago. When I saw it, I posted about it on GDA. Then GD.com proceeded to post it as well. Then just yesterday, I noticed All Access changed it to February 12th. I then proceeded to change my post on GDA.

I would have preferred 8th Avenue Serenade or Little Boy Named Train, but X-Kid is a great song too.

GreenDay.com always takes its news from GDA and from here, so...GDA posted about the release being on Jan 22 and they wrote that on the official site :rolleyes:

haha. fair enough then

edit: well not fair enough, but you know what i mean

Wasn't there some kind of casting-call for Green Day's next music video? (And I mean after Stray Heart) I guess we didn't know what that was for or if it even happened?

Wait, so you're telling me that Green Days OFFICIAL site get's it's info from OTHER places???
Am I the only one who feels like that makes no sense?

not all bands are all up to date on the net presence

and some fan sites stay on top of things than the official sites do

I mean, X-kid is great but I think Missing You would've been a better choice, that song is the best thing to come out of the trilogy and it's VERY under-rated.

X-kid is so obvious as a single choice, I don't see it catching on, I used to but now :(

Agreed. The best track/your favourite track is not necessarily the best single choice....

I have commented on this a few times before; while X-Kid is my favourite track on Tre, I think Missing You is the best (obvious, clearly overwhelmingly obvious) single choice. Missing You is under-rated, it has a great melody and easy to learn lyrics (ie accessible to many) and is a great sampler of what you can expect from Tre. Also consider that people could relate it to Billie's absence and comeback.

But then, in recent years, selecting singles is hardly something Warner or Green Day have mastered is it ?

tumblr_mgkkx80zn31rf0y0io1_500.png

saw this on tumblr.. so music video.. :mellow:

Now Radio Gaga ( Queen ) is stuck in my head. There's a verse ( referring to nowadays ):We hardly need to use our ears as music changes through the years. It's sad, but true. Now majority of people want to see stars dancing, making videos that will cost hell lot of money, wear clothes from the best designers and sell their privacy - and THAT'S what the word MUSIC now means.

This tape in my opinion is Green Day's message - that we should listen - MUSIC, LYRICS, THE VIBE, THE VOICE - use our imagination and feel the music ( not the things around it ).

I love X-Kid and I really hope it takes off so more people realise just how good the trilogy is! :)

Yes, it's a great track, I agree. But Brutal Love is more...how to say it - touching? It gives me shivers...

''X-Kid'' has huge hit potential. It's definitely one of the best songs they've written in the trilogy and currently my favourite song. The chorus is perfect. Grown on me a lot and I hope it will the public too! :D

It wasn't, they just put stickers like that on CDs....

Yes, but stickers like that represent some kind of estimation of what songs they might use as singles at the given time of printing the record, and if not singles at least some kind of promotional songs. I think it's fair to say that iDos! wasn't planned to only breed one single. That one listed Amy and SWtRLF too. I'd say 8th Avenue Serenade were likely intended as a iTré! single aswell. I really hope we will still get 99 Revolutions at some point.

''X-Kid'' has huge hit potential. It's definitely one of the best songs they've written in the trilogy and currently my favourite song. The chorus is perfect. Grown on me a lot and I hope it will the public too! :D

Me too. To use a Rob Cavallo quote "It's a beautiful statement of simplicity". It's my current favorite, and nothing has touched Letterbomb for years.

Me too. To use a Rob Cavallo quote "It's a beautiful statement of simplicity". It's my current favorite, and nothing has touched Letterbomb for years.

Letterbomb is sheer genius.

Letterbomb is sheer genius.

Yet X-Kid is better in my opinion. Only thing it lacks is a breakdown followed by a heartfelt scream.

Yet X-Kid is better in my opinion. Only thing it lacks is a breakdown followed by a heartfelt scream.

Haha! They're both fantastic songs!

No, it lacks a better solo! I don't mean to say that the solo sucks, it's good but nothing more

Though I love X-Kid and I think it is my favorite from the trilogy, I think there best chance of a single being a success was Kill the DJ. I feel as if the band had played Kill the DJ at the VMAs (like MTV told them to) instead of Let Yourself Go, it could have really been a hit.

I'm so happy, that X-Kid will be the next single of Green Day, because I love it so much :wub:

But I hope they will make a new video :dance:

I'm so happy, that X-Kid will be the next single of Green Day, because I love it so much :wub:

But I hope they will make a new video :dance:

i think they will. look at youtube official channel. Every green day video is marked with "Official Music Video" except X-Kid one...so maybe they have still to record the video =)

Archived