"X-Kid" is the next single

Sanity Loan

All Access Music Group is reporting that "X-Kid" is Green Day's next single and goes for radio adds on January 22nd February 12.

"X-Kid" is track number five on the band's latest album,¡Tré!. And in my opinion, it is one of the best songs in the whole trilogy. Let's hope that "X-Kid" can ramp up some excitement for Green Day's return to the world, especially after the mild success of "Oh Love" and failed "Stray Heart."

All Access is a source I've been using for several years to keep up on the latest radio singles, so I would certainly consider them a very reputable and reliable source.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let's hear this thing get the shit played out of it.

My favourite song from the entire trilogy. At least they've given themselves a chance with this one.

Maybe they can do some PROMO!!!!

Hope this gets big! Couldn't have picked a better song!

can't wait for the music video :creep:

I fear we may have already gotten that ;).

Not a bad choice, and I'm glad they're getting promo back out there! Side note: I would hardly call Stray Heart failed as it wasn't really a proper single to begin with.

I think it's a good choice. It's my favorite from Tré! but it's the most single potential from this album in my opinion.

I think 99 Revolutions would have been a better choice if they're going for lots of airplay, but this is a good choice too.

It's my favorite of Tre, couldn't be happier :D lyrics are just bautiful, the sounds, and everything.

I think 99 Revolutions would have been a better choice if they're going for lots of airplay, but this is a good choice too.

99 Revolutions is too straight-up rock, it wouldn't get very far on today's radio. Plus it's too topical. X-Kid has very good pop appeal.

It still can be a single later on :)

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the next single after X-Kid. I saw a copy of Tre in a record store the other day and there was a sticker on it saying something like, "featuring songs "8th Avenue Serenade, X-Kid and 99 Revolutions"

so apparently 8th Ave Serenade was a single. News to me.

such a perfect choice. Dear god, please force Green Day to make a legit video (that doesnt suck). Thanks bro

If there if a music video I think it will be the first time we have seen billie since ..... Vegas :) Anyways looking forward to seeing them again and I hope for a bad-ass video :)

HALLELUJAH!

Let's hope this one actually takes off. With more than just alt rock radio stations playing it infrequently.... I want to know this is gonna hit more than just All Access.

Archived