Let's support Mike

JIGD13

Couldn't agree more. However well meant, getting something trending on twitter seems an extremely crass and inappropriate idea. Responding to what Mike posted on Instagram with a message of condolence is one thing but I don't think it's our business to do anything more than that.

I'm with you on this, a message on his Instagram I think is goog enough, we all care about him and we wish he remains happy, but as you said it's not of our business and we can't really do anything else other than wish him the best, we love him, we trust him and we know he'll be ok.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well actually it is. What the hell do you know?! You can never tell what loss is worse than another, he met her once and it's his mom.

I'm sure he is grieving and this a sad time for him. I was simply pointing out that although she was his biological mother, some people here may not have known his full maternal situation.

What a surreal experience to meet her one month before her passing, I can't even imagine how he's feeling at this moment. My heart goes out to Mike through this trying time. It's tough to lose a parent that you've know your whole life, but to have just barely scratched the surface of who they actually are and then to lose them is truly sad.

Mike needs some support but people needs to respect his privacy and his private life.

Thoughts are with Mike. It was a really touching post by him on Instagram and so sad to read.

Mike's mom didn't know his son was the bassist of Green Day ?

Or she knew it was him but didn't want to contact him (for any reasons fear, regrets...) ?

Or she knew it was him but didn't want to contact him (for any reasons fear, regrets...) ?

I think she always knew it and I also think she was sick with something like cancer or that endless thing thats why Mike only knew here a short time

It's an intersting subject but it's also very personal, I don't think we should be prying into their lives that much.

My condolences go out to mike but I just realized that if this tour hadn't been screwed up/postponed he wouldn't have really gotten to know his mom, which just goes to show god has a strange way of working things out but in the end fulfills so much

RIP

Such a sad, surreal situation. I hope Mike is glad he decided to track her down and got to meet her. It seems like he is. I always wondered if he got to meet her. She looks very much like him, doesn't she.

I know the people who want to tweet for Mike or trend topics mean well. It's a strange situation when you care about someone very much but there's not anything you can really tangibly do to help. However I strongly feel that trending a message is inappropriate. I'm sure Mike would see the kind-hearted side of it (if he indeed found out about it, which I'm uncertain of as he doesn't seem to use his twitter) but there's something quite...well...tacky and crass/crude about it. I think we just have to respect that we don't know Mike personally and respect his privacy and be thankful that he shares this personal info with us and feels that connection too. I think leaving a message of condolence and support on the photo he posted on Instagram is perfect. He has his wonderful family and friends to talk with, y'know? He knows we care, that's all that matters.

I think she always knew it and I also think she was sick with something like cancer or that endless thing thats why Mike only knew here a short time

Sorry, I don't know if this is some info I have forgotten or never heard before (or if Mike posted it in an Instagram comment and I didn't see) but if it's just speculation I don't think it's right to be saying so. It is an interesting story and we do care about Mike so I think it's okay to wonder about it but I don't think it's fair to discuss it online or to make claims that aren't necessarily true.

Such a sad, surreal situation. I hope Mike is glad he decided to track her down and got to meet her. It seems like he is. I always wondered if he got to meet her. She looks very much like him, doesn't she.

I know the people who want to tweet for Mike or trend topics mean well. It's a strange situation when you care about someone very much but there's not anything you can really tangibly do to help. However I strongly feel that trending a message is inappropriate. I'm sure Mike would see the kind-hearted side of it (if he indeed found out about it, which I'm uncertain of as he doesn't seem to use his twitter) but there's something quite...well...tacky and crass/crude about it. I think we just have to respect that we don't know Mike personally and respect his privacy and be thankful that he shares this personal info with us and feels that connection too. I think leaving a message of condolence and support on the photo he posted on Instagram is perfect. He has his wonderful family and friends to talk with, y'know? He knows we care, that's all that matters.

Sorry, I don't know if this is some info I have forgotten or never heard before (or if Mike posted it in an Instagram comment and I didn't see) but if it's just speculation I don't think it's right to be saying so. It is an interesting story and we do care about Mike so I think it's okay to wonder about it but I don't think it's fair to discuss it online or to make claims that aren't necessarily true.

Yes is just a specualation Npand I know is not good to talk abou that know, sorry!

My thoughts are with Mike. It is truly amazing that he was finally able to connect with her just before she passed away. Based on the pictures he posted, she was a beautiful woman.

Yes is just a specualation Npand I know is not good to talk abou that know, sorry!

Don't worry. You obviously mean well! :)

There's a fine line between wanting to support someone and letting someone have their privacy, I think we should just let Mike have the latter. I understand the good intentions behind this, but it's something that should really just be let alone.

Obviously we all support him, but yeah.

I think it's awkward and corny to trend that on Twitter. I think people are free to extend their condolences on Instagram under the picture he posted of his mother, and that's more than enough.
This

Thoughts and prayers with Mike. I am so glad that he was at least able to finally meet her and make some memories together.

Aww :(

I was just asking not too long ago if Mike ever mentioned reconnecting with his birth mother. I guess I know now... RIP.

Archived