Green Day and Weed

The Grateful Green

Clearly he is joking. I would not take this as any solid point of reference to say he has done cocaine.

But I mean he probably has done it before.

Well, he is joking but i strongly believe they have done it before. And in that interview i can bet they all were high :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, the only thing that the band is related to weed now is their name, but they don't smoke weed anymore

Of course they do. I can't prove it, but I bet you don't know just how harmless a regular pot joint is. To assume a rock star who's been vocal about smoking pot all his life would simply just stop, is absurd. What I do think they have laid off whilst becoming 'family men' is the harder drugs they've been on. They probably don't smoke weed everyday, like they don't drink everyday, but I bet they do both occasionally, cause both are relatively harmless.

If they still smoke it then they still smoke it. Big deal, they're in their 40's and live in the San Francisco Bay Area so the fuck what if they smoke weed?? Its weed, not meth, not coke but weed. FYI Billie's gone on record to say that he still smokes. So yes he does.

I can't be the only one thinking "too soon". Billie Joe is finishing his rehab and you're asking if they still smoke weed......................

Even if it will be legal, I don't think they're gonna smoke weed anymore. They're focusing on being healthy and staying away from things like that right now.

EDIT: From reading the comments I conclude that weed is not so dangerous as I thought. So NVM >_<

Haha, yeah, don't believe everything you're told. It's less harmful than many "legal" drugs, especially alcohol.

And yeah, Billie used to be mad for meth.

LOL indeed!

I totally forgot about that! He had a nug with some dr suess character on a plate haha

That's what it was! I didn't have a way to look it up but there's nothing vague about that haha

Great joke in the episode but if someone posted that as the 2nd post in every new thread GDC would be a miserable place.

And Billie Joe was clearly under the influence of alcohol during the iHeart Radio performance. And he sought rehab treatment a few days later. Put two and two together (if you can) and bam! It's safe to say Billie got treatment for alcohol abuse. He wouldn't be so stupid as to perform at a major festival such as iHeart Radio, under the influence of an illegal drug. So hence, the reason people believe the treatment was for alcohol.

Several problems with this post. No, it is not safe to assume anything. It's misleading and possibly dangerous. Yes, Billie wasn't right during that performance. I've heard people say that's due to alcohol, others have said drugs, and I've heard a story that he purposely performed badly because he did not want to play the festival.

Billie has performed concerts under the influence of "illegal drugs" in the past and I doubt he would rule it out again. However, my main problem is your use of the term "an illegal drug", as if it's somehow worse than alcohol. It might be true that alcohol is the reason he's in rehab. I've never seen anyone in rehab or suffered health problems due to cannabis, yet it is still an illegal drug. This has nothing to do with the so called danger of the drug though.

As for the band still using cannabis, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'm sure they all enjoy a drink from time to time, and I'm sure they have a casual enough attitude to cannabis that they still enjoy that from time to time, in a safe and responsible manner. It doesn't show through as much in the music anymore as the novelty and "cool" factor has worn off because they're not kids anymore, plus they have kids of their own, so I'm sure there's a certain amount of parental responsibility creeping in.

In reality, no one here knows. No matter how much you think you know about the band, you can't say for sure that they still do, or that they don't. It's also their choice. I'd definitely say they probably do it a lot less than they used to (if they still do) just because of kids, wives, responsibilities, etc.

I don't get why the man has to be ashamed of smoking weed. What is this the 50's? :huh: His kids are old enough to know what is, who does he have to hide it from?

It has nothing to do with hiding it. As a responsible parent, he chose to stop (at least to the extent he was) and tone it down. Who are you to say what's best for someone else's children?

Not sure what it is we're supposed to discuss here? There's a marijuana thread in general to talk about weed and all that.
As for this thread, I feel like asking that question is the same as asking if they still drink/get drunk (even though they're parents, more responsible etc.). Who cares? If they do that's fine. None of our business.

I can't imagine a 40 year old super star buying weed in an alley from some 15 year old emo kid. Lol. Where do the rich folks get their goods?

If they'll play a show in Amsterdam on the next tour we'll know it. :thumbsup:

Who are you to say what's best for someone else's children?

Who are you to make such an assumption? I never even implied that.

Great joke in the episode but if someone posted that as the 2nd post in every new thread GDC would be a miserable place.

Not sure what it is we're supposed to discuss here? There's a marijuana thread in general to talk about weed and all that.

As for this thread, I feel like asking that question is the same as asking if they still drink/get drunk (even though they're parents, more responsible etc.). Who cares? If they do that's fine. None of our business.

Katarina beat me to it Stephen. It's like making a thread about Green Day and beer. Who cares if they drink? It's their responsibility and their life. And frankly no one should care in the least.

Obviously we all know how the band got their name, being they were heavily influenced by weed. But now that they are all 40 years old do you think they are still getting stoned all the time?

Is smoking still as much as an influence as it used to be to them?

Also, it seems to be that pot will be legal very soon in the US. I'm just surprised the band hasn't been more vocal about supporting the cause.

Just speaking what's on my mind, what do you think

I think they still smoke pot, at least Tré still does.

I saw this recent video of him holding a joint :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt8eht_tre-cool-de-green-day-presente-kill-the-dj_music#.UOrPZInjmvo

Do you want to combine the two threads then? Seems logical enough. The other thread was just full of people saying how much they smoke and how awesome it is, gets repetitive. Would be nice to have some discussion going on in there.

I don't know, your mouth gets dry on marijuana. Your face can also get numb and your eyes do get really dry sometimes. It could be about either in my opinion.

Yeah, you're right but I don't think Billie would have written such a heavy song for pot, I mean hard drug => heavy song, if that makes sense.

I've read an MTV interview where the band says that they are tire of drughçs during 21stCB era

Looks like this isn't going anywhere.

Do you want to combine the two threads then? Seems logical enough. The other thread was just full of people saying how much they smoke and how awesome it is, gets repetitive. Would be nice to have some discussion going on in there.

There isn't really any discussion going on here that would contribute to the marijuana thread, so I'm closing this one. You could always start a discussion over there if you think it's repetitive. :)

Archived