Green Day and Weed

The Grateful Green

um i wouldnt go as far as saying weed is a huge influence, as in they need it to be inspired if that is what you are trying to say. But do they smoke it for fun still? yeah probably.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The members of Green Day don't have a reason to stop smoking pot. It's a lot safer than cocaine and methamphetamine, which the band has experimented with. Billie did a 2009 or 2010 interview with Bill Maher and the topic of discussion got onto various types of bongs, so it's not far fetched to think Billie still smokes.
Where did you hear they have experimented with them?

i don't think they smoke as much as they used to, and i think you can tell by their music. Occasional use, probably, but it's not their main source for inspiration anymore.

I don't know about cocaine but it's widely known that BJ was on meth in the 90's.

I don't know about cocaine but it's widely known that BJ was on meth in the 90's.

I guess I let that one slip by... Haha I guess that's what "We used to call it speed but now it's crystal meth" means

I guess I let that one slip by... Haha I guess that's what "We used to call it speed but now it's crystal meth" means

"Blowing off steam with methamphetamine"

The song Geek Stink Breath is about the bands use of methamphetamine, and Brain Stew is about cocaine. If you need proof just look at the lyrics of those two songs. In Geek Stink Breath Billie even says the word "methamphetamine" and in Brain Stew he's describing the effects of cocaine on the body, such as:

My eyes feel like they're gonna bleed

Dried up and bulging out my skull

My mouth is dry

My face is numb

Fucked up and spun out in my room

The song Geek Stink Breath is about the bands use of methamphetamine, and Brain Stew is about cocaine. If you need proof just look at the lyrics of those two songs. In Geek Stink Breath Billie even says the word "methamphetamine" and in Brain Stew he's describing the effects of cocaine on the body, such as:

My eyes feel like they're gonna bleed

Dried up and bulging out my skull

My mouth is dry

My face is numb

Fucked up and spun out in my room

I always heard Brain Stew was about being an insomniac and not sleeping for days.

My whole life has been a lie.

And Billie Joe was clearly under the influence of alcohol during the iHeart Radio performance. And he sought rehab treatment a few days later. Put two and two together (if you can) and bam! It's safe to say Billie got treatment for alcohol abuse. He wouldn't be so stupid as to perform at a major festival such as iHeart Radio, under the influence of an illegal drug. So hence, the reason people believe the treatment was for alcohol.

I always heard Brain Stew was about being an insomniac and not sleeping for days.

My whole life has been a lie.

The mouth is dry and face is numb line gives it away. If you've never been high on coke, then you'd know what it feels like.

The mouth is dry and face is numb line gives it away. If you've never been high on coke, then you'd know what it feels like.

Thinking about it now, it definitely makes sense. I guess I'm just friends with dumb Green Day fans. Do you know when they experimented with cocaine? Was it back before the rise to fame or after Dookie became a hit? I've never heard about them trying coke before. Now I'm curious :mellow:

And Billie Joe was clearly under the influence of alcohol during the iHeart Radio performance. And he sought rehab treatment a few days later. Put two and two together (if you can) and bam! It's safe to say Billie got treatment for alcohol abuse. He wouldn't be so stupid as to perform at a major festival such as iHeart Radio, under the influence of an illegal drug. So hence, the reason people believe the treatment was for alcohol.

And you really think alcohol alone was the ongoing problem? Based on the fact that he was shit-faced at a concert? Your suggestion cracks me up, the idea that the iHeartRadio debacle was the only reason he checked in.

No one except those closest to the band know exactly what Billie Joe was on that night, or exactly why he went into rehab. The next person who tries to say without sourcing anything that they know exactly why BJ went into rehab is going to get smacked upside the head with a llama turd.

Thinking about it now, it definitely makes sense. I guess I'm just friends with dumb Green Day fans. Do you know when they experimented with cocaine? Was it back before the rise to fame or after Dookie became a hit? I've never heard about them trying coke before. Now I'm curious :mellow:

No, I don't know when and what drugs they've done exactly. But since Brain Stew is on Insomniac, it's safe to say that it was after Dookie. Also, keep in mind that Mike wrote the bassline for Longview while tripping on LSD. So they've all definitely done their fair share of drugs

Remember Tre's instagram photo when Obama won the election again. "Breathe easy America, I won" America has lost the war on drugs. Enough said.

No, I don't know when and what drugs they've done exactly. But since Brain Stew is on Insomniac, it's safe to say that it was after Dookie. Also, keep in mind that Mike wrote the bassline for Longview while tripping on LSD. So they've all definitely done their fair share of drugs

Yeah, of course, I know they have. I just didn't know they had used cocaine, specifically.

I don't know, your mouth gets dry on marijuana. Your face can also get numb and your eyes do get really dry sometimes. It could be about either in my opinion.

mouth dryness is not really a coke thing... all the times i ever did coke i do not remember mouth dryness...

but that been almost 13 years since I done that so

I'm sure at this point they've all tried just about every drug possible. Hell, the 90s were rediculous for them. (Jaded in Chicago anyone?)

As for weed, who knows, I was under the impression that they just smoke it occasionally here and there, nothing insane.

I thought Brain Stew was about when Joey was a baby and Billie was up all night with him? Something along those lines? Because seriously that song pretty accurately depicts what it's like to have a newborn :lol:

I'm sure they still smoke pot at least from time to time. Just because they aren't as vocal about it as they were when they were 20 doesn't mean they don't do it anymore.

Billie sometimes writes songs with more than one meaning.. and I think he have said that it's both about drugs and insomnia but i don't know xD

That Bill Maher interview Billie did made it pretty clear to me that he still smokes ocassionally because there's always new and exciting ways of smoking it like gravity bongs, but he also used the phrase "One of the hardest things about quitting marijuana, at the time, when I had children..." so he obviously made a conscious decision not to be a "pothead" anymore, but it's not like he straight up BANNED it from his life altogether. There's no need.

I deduce that Billie and Mike probably get high a few times a year at random points on tour when someone brings some weed to them and suggests they relax. It's probably more of a "special occasion" drug to them now. Tre... God only knows what and how often Tre smokes :lol:

Nah, I almost sure they didn't quit smoking weed.. There was even a 2009 interview where Billie said "pot" when the interviewer asked them what kind of special foods they've ordered while they were on tour. But I think they just do it occasionally now, not as often as the early days.

There's an interview back in 1994 where Billie Joe makes reference he has done cocaine. They were talking about the 48 hours of no sleep and the guy said there was no drug influence and stuff, so billie came up with this

Here: tumblr_mfvuesPSgF1r88g2qo1_250.gif

There's an interview back in 1994 where Billie Joe makes reference he has done cocaine. They were talking about the 48 hours of no sleep and the guy said there was no drug influence and stuff, so billie came up with this

Here:

Clearly he is joking. I would not take this as any solid point of reference to say he has done cocaine.

But I mean he probably has done it before.

I can't imagine a 40 year old super star buying weed in an alley from some 15 year old emo kid. Lol. Where do the rich folks get their goods?

I can't imagine a 40 year old super star buying weed in an alley from some 15 year old emo kid. Lol. Where do the rich folks get their goods?

they have friends get it for them or assistants depending on the person i would imagine but im not entirely sure

Archived