Tre - Yellow Vinyl (Hot Topic Exclusive)

lbw87

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is working. It says my order is in Indianapolis, three hours away! So looks like tomorrow for delivery. Try again??

It says : Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

It shipped on Wednesday

I used the tracking link from the "your order has been shipped" email Hot Topic sent, did'nt have a problem. It shipped from Tennessee, priority mail. I hope you get it to work! Tre is on its way! Haha.

I used the tracking link from the "your order has been shipped" email Hot Topic sent, did'nt have a problem. It shipped from Tennessee, priority mail. I hope you get it to work! Tre is on its way! Haha.

Turns out Hot Topic gave me the wrong tracking number. They just gave me the new one. I should get it by tomorrow!

Thanks for helping!

I received my order today and I'm so happy my Trilogy is complete! I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your posts and updates, without this thread, I would have probably never gotten one. I'm forever grateful!

Just got it in the mail! It's already framed and next to the others. The yellow looked so much better than I expected!!

must get this for my sister. she needs the uno vinyl and Tre vinyl :)

Why did she get only Dos? O_o well, hopefully you can get Uno, that one sold out a while ago.

Just got it in the mail! It's already framed and next to the others. The yellow looked so much better than I expected!!

Why did she get only Dos? O_o well, hopefully you can get Uno, that one sold out a while ago.

Framed how? Pics? (Well warn in advance I'm planning to steal your idea lol)

I'm planning on framing mine too! I'm not opening them. Great minds here! Pic please? I was thinking framing them vertically...

I would love to frame mine too but I'm not sure where to find frames for records

You guys know that you can use google right? If I can find 3 for $20 at Hobby Lobby then surely the internet is full of them. LPs are universally the same dimensions (12x12). Unless it's a 7 or 10" record.

I have an entire tribute wall in my living room of Green Day records only. Every studio album arranged in chronological order from the ceiling to the floor, all of which are framed and all are original pressings. I'm not trying to be an asshole but it wouldn't kill you to look before posting.

You guys know that you can use google right? If I can find 3 for $20 at Hobby Lobby then surely the internet is full of them. LPs are universally the same dimensions (12x12). Unless it's a 7 or 10" record.

I have an entire tribute wall in my living room of Green Day records only. Every studio album arranged in chronological order from the ceiling to the floor, all of which are framed and all are original pressings. I'm not trying to be an asshole but it wouldn't kill you to look before posting.

I know where to get the frames... but I'm lazy and rather see how someone has their set up

Framed how? Pics? (Well warn in advance I'm planning to steal your idea lol)

XD Not a problem.

I put the pics on Facebook, but I'll try and upload them to photobucket too. When Uno! First came out at Hot Topic, FYE (in the same mall) did a sale on vinyl frames, buy 2 get 1 free! It was really convenient so I picked up all three that day and have since been filling each one with it's vinyl as they were released. Eventually I'll get a frame for just the record itself and hang it next to the others.

Actually, here is a quick pic.

http://i.imgur.com/pxO0e7Y.jpg

I'm planning on framing mine too! I'm not opening them. Great minds here! Pic please? I was thinking framing them vertically...

Pic:

I know where to get the frames... but I'm lazy and rather see how someone has their set up

I kept mine vertical for the trilogy next to my 21st Century print, but later I will rearrange them to be more "festive" lol. The Tre really pops!

XD Not a problem.

I put the pics on Facebook, but I'll try and upload them to photobucket too. When Uno! First came out at Hot Topic, FYE (in the same mall) did a sale on vinyl frames, buy 2 get 1 free! It was really convenient so I picked up all three that day and have since been filling each one with it's vinyl as they were released. Eventually I'll get a frame for just the record itself and hang it next to the others.

Actually, here is a quick pic.

Pic:

I kept mine vertical for the trilogy next to my 21st Century print, but later I will rearrange them to be more "festive" lol. The Tre really pops!

Dope so the vinyl is kept inside the case? Im thinking of having the box in one frame with the vinyl in another or do a big frame that fits both the box and vinyl

Here's one of mine.

265347_249545185057173_100000050798855_1

Nice

ISH was on vinyl damn

I own two copies of everything on that wall. I didn't want to take them down each time I wanted to listen to them so over the years I went and got secondary copies. The secondaries aren't necessarily originals. Some are the Hot Topic and Reprise reissues from back in 09. It takes awhile, and a lot of money but it was worth it. The quality is superior in every aspect.

ISH is still easily available through Discogs and eBay. I think I got my second copy last year for $20 or so. It's nice to put that one on for the sake of not having to switch out all the studio LPs. Keep the greatest hits on the turntable and you can hear it all! :D

I own two copies of everything on that wall. I didn't want to take them down each time I wanted to listen to them so over the years I went and got secondary copies. The secondaries aren't necessarily originals. Some are the Hot Topic and Reprise reissues from back in 09. It takes awhile, and a lot of money but it was worth it. The quality is superior in every aspect.

ISH is still easily available through Discogs and eBay. I think I got my second copy last year for $20 or so. It's nice to put that one on for the sake of not having to switch out all the studio LPs. Keep the greatest hits on the turntable and you can hear it all! :D

Yeah only need AI Kerplunk Dookie to complete the vinyl guess I need to add ISH as well i didnt think it'd be issued on vinyl for some reason

Eh, I personally hate vinyl and don't find them to be superior in any way, but I got these just for the collecting value. I do plan on having them framed next to the sleeve later, but it's expensive and I don't want to cheap out, therefore risk damaging the vinyl.

Eh, I personally hate vinyl and don't find them to be superior in any way, but I got these just for the collecting value. I do plan on having them framed next to the sleeve later, but it's expensive and I don't want to cheap out, therefore risk damaging the vinyl.

I've never met anybody that's said that before. Do you actually play vinyl or do you just collect it for the sake of looking at it and saying you have it like 90% of 'music lover's' out there? I still play tapes. That's the only format I would say is inferior to everything else. A high quality CD rip still can't even compare to the sound of vinyl. Framing vinyl is too easy. It costs like $5-$10 each....

Yeah only need AI Kerplunk Dookie to complete the vinyl guess I need to add ISH as well i didnt think it'd be issued on vinyl for some reason

Adeline was recently selling both pressings of the original American Idiot double LP. They had the original Reprise pressing as well as the pressing that Adeline did themselves. The Adeline pressing is a bit more heavy and durable in my opinion. There's a 2009 reissue of AI that you should be able to get at record shops downtown. All GD vinyl is in regular print, even if you have to order it online somewhere. Amazon has tons I think.

I've never met anybody that's said that before. Do you actually play vinyl or do you just collect it for the sake of looking at it and saying you have it like 90% of 'music lover's' out there? I still play tapes. That's the only format I would say is inferior to everything else. A high quality CD rip still can't even compare to the sound of vinyl. Framing vinyl is too easy. It costs like $5-$10 each....

Hm, I'm neither. I don't buy vinyl. Ever. These were the only exceptions. I do play them from time to time as it's quite fun, but I don't very often at all. I am a music lover, but my physical collection would never portray that xD Now my ACTUAL music collection? Now that's where I really work hard and make sure I have a perfect collection that is organized, catalouged, complete, and most definitely in the highest possible quality digitally available. But yes, I do keep these on my wall, framed, for the sake of having them because I support this group to no end, and having a really rare and collectible piece of this era is something I just couldn't pass up. I dont really think my preference in medium dictates my knowledge and affection for music though.

I've heard the differences in vinyl and a modern CD rip and it's very miniscule. I'm not even being biased really, it just isn't something that I say "wow, I HAVE to hear it on vinyl instead!" when I can hear it in my pocket within literal seconds. Even after heavy analysis (not by me, by people who actually have the capabilities in skill and equipment in professional environments) the frequency range isn't so much bigger that I am willing to pay twice as much on an album. Not to mention that vinyls have this certain "sound" that people prefer due to their cutting off of certain frequencies.

Besides these small sound differences, the vinyl will lose. It's inconvenient, difficult to care for, fragile, and a nuisance all around. Even hardcore vinyl fans typically agree with that. I mean, how can one argue they're just as convenient? XD It's impossible to accurately do!

In the end, even though I love music, I don't like vinyl. I really dislike the things for the most part. But I do think they're "neat" enough to buy a very limited edition pressing for my favorite band when I have the cash. Plus, they're big. It looks REALLY cool having the CD cover on a 12 block on the wall xD

I play my colored records maybe twice or thrice. i never, ever play my AI, blink-182 self titled, or Ramones self titled records. Since they are thicker, my turntable likes to scratch them when the needle swings back over. i also have a question, do you guys keep the shrink wrap on? Some say it will warp the record and some say it will increase the value. i will sometimes use jackets to protect them.

I play my colored records maybe twice or thrice. i never, ever play my AI, blink-182 self titled, or Ramones self titled records. Since they are thicker, my turntable likes to scratch them when the needle swings back over. i also have a question, do you guys keep the shrink wrap on? Some say it will warp the record and some say it will increase the value. i will sometimes use jackets to protect them.

I'm not vinyl collector, but I opened mine just so I could play them and really hear the difference. I'm sure it does make them more valuable down the road to offer them unopened though, that's true for typically anything that goes up in value as time passes though. :)

I stopped playing my colored ones because the needle on my table is a bit worn, so it was starting to skip. Not wanting to risk further damage, I stopped until I could replace it.

I'm not vinyl collector, but I opened mine just so I could play them and really hear the difference. I'm sure it does make them more valuable down the road to offer them unopened though, that's true for typically anything that goes up in value as time passes though. :)

I stopped playing my colored ones because the needle on my table is a bit worn, so it was starting to skip. Not wanting to risk further damage, I stopped until I could replace it.

i should've worded that better. i only cut open the side so i can take the vinyl in and out. i think i'll just end up taking it all off all together. :lol:

Archived