Tre - Yellow Vinyl (Hot Topic Exclusive)

lbw87

i should've worded that better. i only cut open the side so i can take the vinyl in and out. i think i'll just end up taking it all off all together. :lol:

Oh XD Well Idunno! It might warp it, I could see that happening. On the flipside (lol, because you flip records XDDD) the plastic might preserve the case more. I'm not definite on the warping though, sorry I can't help.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I'm neither. I don't buy vinyl. Ever. These were the only exceptions. I do play them from time to time as it's quite fun, but I don't very often at all. I am a music lover, but my physical collection would never portray that xD Now my ACTUAL music collection? Now that's where I really work hard and make sure I have a perfect collection that is organized, catalouged, complete, and most definitely in the highest possible quality digitally available. But yes, I do keep these on my wall, framed, for the sake of having them because I support this group to no end, and having a really rare and collectible piece of this era is something I just couldn't pass up. I dont really think my preference in medium dictates my knowledge and affection for music though.

I've heard the differences in vinyl and a modern CD rip and it's very miniscule. I'm not even being biased really, it just isn't something that I say "wow, I HAVE to hear it on vinyl instead!" when I can hear it in my pocket within literal seconds. Even after heavy analysis (not by me, by people who actually have the capabilities in skill and equipment in professional environments) the frequency range isn't so much bigger that I am willing to pay twice as much on an album. Not to mention that vinyls have this certain "sound" that people prefer due to their cutting off of certain frequencies.

Besides these small sound differences, the vinyl will lose. It's inconvenient, difficult to care for, fragile, and a nuisance all around. Even hardcore vinyl fans typically agree with that. I mean, how can one argue they're just as convenient? XD It's impossible to accurately do!

In the end, even though I love music, I don't like vinyl. I really dislike the things for the most part. But I do think they're "neat" enough to buy a very limited edition pressing for my favorite band when I have the cash. Plus, they're big. It looks REALLY cool having the CD cover on a 12 block on the wall xD

Fragile? I've had records that have lasted just as long as CDs if not more. MP3s compress and kill music. That's how you can have 2,000 songs in your pocket. It's not debatable, it's just common sense. I am a 'hardcore vinyl fan' and I don't agree with what you said. Nor do any of the others that I know. Otherwise we wouldn't invest so much time, money and effort into it. If all you have to judge is colored vinyl pressings of the LPs then maybe you should have bought them on black as colored vinyl and picture discs tend to sound like they're pressed on cement. Black vinyl has always been the best sound wise. I don't know why that is, but it's just something that I've noticed over the past 6 or 7 years. I fail to see how it's a hassle to put a record on a turntable and press play. You can still skip tracks, find your favorite solos, etc. Not hard. Just watch the grooves.

I play my colored records maybe twice or thrice. i never, ever play my AI, blink-182 self titled, or Ramones self titled records. Since they are thicker, my turntable likes to scratch them when the needle swings back over. i also have a question, do you guys keep the shrink wrap on? Some say it will warp the record and some say it will increase the value. i will sometimes use jackets to protect them.

I do on some of them. I've not had any real issues with it. I'm assuming you mean cutting the small slit in the side?

Fragile? I've had records that have lasted just as long as CDs if not more. MP3s compress and kill music. That's how you can have 2,000 songs in your pocket. It's not debatable, it's just common sense. I am a 'hardcore vinyl fan' and I don't agree with what you said. Nor do any of the others that I know. Otherwise we wouldn't invest so much time, money and effort into it. If all you have to judge is colored vinyl pressings of the LPs then maybe you should have bought them on black as colored vinyl and picture discs tend to sound like they're pressed on cement. Black vinyl has always been the best sound wise. I don't know why that is, but it's just something that I've noticed over the past 6 or 7 years. I fail to see how it's a hassle to put a record on a turntable and press play. You can still skip tracks, find your favorite solos, etc. Not hard. Just watch the grooves.

I do on some of them. I've not had any real issues with it. I'm assuming you mean cutting the small slit in the side?

I've actually tested on many records, as well as been witness to several other samples between mp3 (which anyone who isn't a blinded purist would know is no where near the peak of digital quality) and vinyl. I can carry over 2,000 tracks in my pocket because I spend all 16GB holding only the most high quality lossless audio files you can rip from a disc. Only an audio amateur would claim an MP3 is the peak of digital music. If you actually read what I said, I simply stated that I only ever BOUGHT the 3 colored LP's, I have used several others.

By "hardcore vinyl fans", I should have made it clear that I didn't mean elitists, but rather realistic people who happen to prefer vinyl but actually admit that it's not the most superior form of music available. How do I know vinyls are, factually, more fragile than CD? I can scratch a disc and it run fine, not always, but it can. What happens if you scratch a vinyl? Or bend it? Get it too hot? Get even a bit of dust on it? In terms of convenience you didn't bring up a valid point either, as nothing is more convenient than hitting play on a screen, especially when compared to throwing on a vinyl record, adjusting the size, speed, and then laying the needle gently down. Hell, vinyls even cost more in my experience! Sadly too, because I've always wanted Daft Punk's Discovery on vinyl just to hear the difference.

I can admit, the digital age has definitely reduced quality in widespread music, causing this knee jerk reaction from most vinyl fans. Buy a digital track from amazon, full price and you know what you get? A 320kbps mp3 MAXIMUM. Compare that to the standard version on the CD and you'll notice immediately how awful an mp3 is compared to a full lossless file.

I'm done discussing this though. I've witnessed and had this exact same conversation too many times to go through the motions of it again. I've stated on this forum before that I'm not going to defend my purchases, even if someone paints me as a poser for purchasing a vinyl when I openly dislike the medium. I've dealt with this exact attitude on a wide array of subjects, and I already know how to deal with it. Goodbye.

I've actually tested on many records, as well as been witness to several other samples between mp3 (which anyone who isn't a blinded purist would know is no where near the peak of digital quality) and vinyl. I can carry over 2,000 tracks in my pocket because I spend all 16GB holding only the most high quality lossless audio files you can rip from a disc. Only an audio amateur would claim an MP3 is the peak of digital music. If you actually read what I said, I simply stated that I only ever BOUGHT the 3 colored LP's, I have used several others.

By "hardcore vinyl fans", I should have made it clear that I didn't mean elitists, but rather realistic people who happen to prefer vinyl but actually admit that it's not the most superior form of music available. How do I know vinyls are, factually, more fragile than CD? I can scratch a disc and it run fine, not always, but it can. What happens if you scratch a vinyl? Or bend it? Get it too hot? Get even a bit of dust on it? In terms of convenience you didn't bring up a valid point either, as nothing is more convenient than hitting play on a screen, especially when compared to throwing on a vinyl record, adjusting the size, speed, and then laying the needle gently down. Hell, vinyls even cost more in my experience! Sadly too, because I've always wanted Daft Punk's Discovery on vinyl just to hear the difference.

I can admit, the digital age has definitely reduced quality in widespread music, causing this knee jerk reaction from most vinyl fans. Buy a digital track from amazon, full price and you know what you get? A 320kbps mp3 MAXIMUM. Compare that to the standard version on the CD and you'll notice immediately how awful an mp3 is compared to a full lossless file.

I'm done discussing this though. I've witnessed and had this exact same conversation too many times to go through the motions of it again. I've stated on this forum before that I'm not going to defend my purchases, even if someone paints me as a poser for purchasing a vinyl when I openly dislike the medium. I've dealt with this exact attitude on a wide array of subjects, and I already know how to deal with it. Goodbye.

Me too. I think we can admit you don't have much ground to stand on since you already admitted to not owning many LPs, yet you refute that your iPod is superior. I use lossless as well. There's no way that you can fit 2,000 lossless quality songs on a 16GB iPod. I've got a 64GB and that almost caps out at 2k lossless tracks. Just FYI. I wouldn't consider myself an elitist. I just saw some of your ridiculous posts and had to call you on it. As an enthusiast that refuses to limit himself to any one format simply because one is "easier" to use than the other.

Me too. I think we can admit you don't have much ground to stand on since you already admitted to not owning many LPs, yet you refute that your iPod is superior. I use lossless as well. There's no way that you can fit 2,000 lossless quality songs on a 16GB iPod. I've got a 64GB and that almost caps out at 2k lossless tracks. Just FYI. I wouldn't consider myself an elitist. I just saw some of your ridiculous posts and had to call you on it. As an enthusiast that refuses to limit himself to any one format simply because one is "easier" to use than the other.

I will type out another reply, just for fun before bed. I don't use iPod as you so pompously presume, I can't stand Apple products. I can't be sure exactly HOW many songs are on my phone as I don't count and it doesn't tell me unless I really dig. I actually gave facts and used multiple examples as to how you were wrong. Next time you call someone out, please PLEASE make sure you really know what you're talking about. Again with the assumptions that I only use my phone for music or that my phone is superior things I never actually said. What I said is that a phone (or computer actually) is more convenient for music playing, storage, organizing, and obtaining. Tsk tsk. I use CDs, records (rarely), radio, digital, and even the occasional tape (not of my choosing of course but old fashioned family members kept some). My "ridiculous" posts pointed out that vinyls are not the most elite in all of the physical medium in music. If it were, then we would have stopped there. You never actually countered my claims about how weak the physical record itself is, but instead hid behind "I've had one longer than a CD", which is baseless because you very well could have thrown the CD out the window or simply dropped it too many times in the car. Also, my not owning many LP's and my ability to determine sound difference are two entirely different things. I don't own a restaurant yet I can accurately say which of two choices I prefer after much experience.

Truthfully, I don't care if you prefer vinyl to CD/clock radio/live performances, I just don't enjoy them really at all.

I'm not bogging down this infinitely useful thread by dealing with an elitist, which is what you are appearing to be. If you wish to continue giving baseless statements with no actual facts behind them but rather opinion, PM me.

If you play an album that was analog recorded sound a ton better than cd or mp3

Take a listen to a original pressing of Nevermind and the original cd the vinyl BLOWS the cd away

The digital recorded albums on vinyl yeah they won't be that much difference but the old albums the ones that were recorded on tape sound much better on vinyl

Yeah cd's and mp3's are more convient but sound wise (again on albums were recorded) vinyls are the best source in public (again the albums that were analog recorded)

As far as vinyls being warped sometimes doing that makes em sound much better vinyl scratched? Lightly heat and if you know what you're doing can heat it lightly and good as new

I will type out another reply, just for fun before bed. I don't use iPod as you so pompously presume, I can't stand Apple products. I can't be sure exactly HOW many songs are on my phone as I don't count and it doesn't tell me unless I really dig. I actually gave facts and used multiple examples as to how you were wrong. Next time you call someone out, please PLEASE make sure you really know what you're talking about. Again with the assumptions that I only use my phone for music or that my phone is superior things I never actually said. What I said is that a phone (or computer actually) is more convenient for music playing, storage, organizing, and obtaining. Tsk tsk. I use CDs, records (rarely), radio, digital, and even the occasional tape (not of my choosing of course but old fashioned family members kept some). My "ridiculous" posts pointed out that vinyls are not the most elite in all of the physical medium in music. If it were, then we would have stopped there. You never actually countered my claims about how weak the physical record itself is, but instead hid behind "I've had one longer than a CD", which is baseless because you very well could have thrown the CD out the window or simply dropped it too many times in the car. Also, my not owning many LP's and my ability to determine sound difference are two entirely different things. I don't own a restaurant yet I can accurately say which of two choices I prefer after much experience.

Truthfully, I don't care if you prefer vinyl to CD/clock radio/live performances, I just don't enjoy them really at all.

I'm not bogging down this infinitely useful thread by dealing with an elitist, which is what you are appearing to be. If you wish to continue giving baseless statements with no actual facts behind them but rather opinion, PM me.

LOL you're back. I thought you said you were done? :lol::lol:

If you play an album that was analog recorded sound a ton better than cd or mp3

Take a listen to a original pressing of Nevermind and the original cd the vinyl BLOWS the cd away

The digital recorded albums on vinyl yeah they won't be that much difference but the old albums the ones that were recorded on tape sound much better on vinyl

Yeah cd's and mp3's are more convient but sound wise (again on albums were recorded) vinyls are the best source in public (again the albums that were analog recorded)

As far as vinyls being warped sometimes doing that makes em sound much better vinyl scratched? Lightly heat and if you know what you're doing can heat it lightly and good as new

This! Just listen to that recent 2011 remaster of "Nevermind." This couldn't be a more perfect example. Some albums have completely different masterings altogether for their vinyl releases.

I was at my local Hot Topic store today, and to my surprise, there was Tre. Not one copy but FOUR! I wanted to buy all four but my daughter would only let me buy one! (I already had a copy). So, I know where four available albums are right now, if anyone here is interested? We hid them amongst the vinyls...I can't leave them there! I am so compelled to go back and get them now!

I'm not a vinyl collector, at all.

Should I get one?? Is it worth it and generally cool to have?

It is worth it if you like Tre and collectors items. The vinyl color (yellow) looks very nice. It looks better than I was expecting.

If you don't have Uno on pink vinyl or Dos on blue vinyl, than I would not get Tre, since it would be an incomplete set.

Went to hot topic today at my local mall and asked if the had Tre on vinyl and girl at the counter looked at me with a puzzled face and asked what band it was. I said green day and she said, who's green day the football team? I wanted to slap her so badly!! I asked a guy working there, and asked the same question and said that the store didnt ever get any of the Uno Dos Tre stuff. Not even shirts or CD's. Anyone else have this happen at their store?

Went to hot topic today at my local mall and asked if the had Tre on vinyl and girl at the counter looked at me with a puzzled face and asked what band it was. I said green day and she said, who's green day the football team? I wanted to slap her so badly!! I asked a guy working there, and asked the same question and said that the store didnt ever get any of the Uno Dos Tre stuff. Not even shirts or CD's. Anyone else have this happen at their store?

that sucks. which mall would it be. I might know since i live fairly close. i call chapel hill summit mall and they still have dos. not sure about tre though...

that sucks. which mall would it be. I might know since i live fairly close. i call chapel hill summit mall and they still have dos. not sure about tre though...

It was at summit, They have shirts and wrist bands on the website, maybe they will get an order soon. Only vinyl that had were 2 beatles records i already have lol

It was at summit, They have shirts and wrist bands on the website, maybe they will get an order soon. Only vinyl that had were 2 beatles records i already have lol

maybe it wasnt summit, damn i cant remember, but some mall in canton had about 3 shelves with 2 bins on each full of vinyl. i picked up dos and guns n roses from there.

EDIT: the mall was Belden Village in canton, if you dont mind the drive

Oh ive heard of it! One day I should go down there and check it out

Archived