What if they released an acoustic album?

Jean

But then, wouldn't it be considered "punk" to actually do it? I don't get how punk has rules of what you're supposed to do and not do when being punk is supposed to be about being rebellious and breaking the rules. Right?

Green Day hasn't been punk since 1994. Those "fans" should have killed themselves long ago if Green Day's rating on the punk scale really bothers them.

Since like Good Riddance, right?

I wasn't talking about fans like you :)

I was talking about the people (more like non-green day fans) who hate everything GD does. It wasn't a serious comment :D Please don't feel offented!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be awesome, I don't have further input. Plain and simple, there are tons of songs I'd like to here acoustic interpretations of, that isn't taped with phones and put on youtube.

There are some good quality recordings out there, like the Bridge School Benefit and the KALX Radio show with all those really rare acoustic songs. But something studio made would be fantastic.

I wasn't talking about fans like you :)

I was talking about the people (more like non-green day fans) who hate everything GD does. It wasn't a serious comment :D Please don't feel offented!

Oh, it's fine haha. I get where you're coming from. Whenever someone complains about Green Day's punk status I just feel the need to point out Dookie was the last punk thing they made (in my opinion) and it was released in '94. If "fans" are looking for punk rock they need to look somewhere else :P

Oh, it's fine haha. I get where you're coming from. Whenever someone complains about Green Day's punk status I just feel the need to point out Dookie was the last punk thing they made (in my opinion) and it was released in '94. If "fans" are looking for punk rock they need to look somewhere else :P

Wise words :P

The next album should be a collaboration with Paul Simon.

They came pretty fucking close to that sound with "See You Tonight", if you ask me!

What's the point of re-recording old songs? There already are the existing recordings which are fine and how Green Day wanted them to sound.

The next album should be a collaboration with Paul Simon.

Eargasmic!

I would love an acoustic album personally. I love listening to the acoustic version they did of Razorbacks, Words I might have ate and some other songs so a whole album full of acoustic stuff - yes please!

Sweet 16 would be fantastic as an acoustic band. And not even reinterpreting it, just as is.

I've been wanting an acoustic album for years. I honestly think an acoustic album would excite me just as much, or even more, than a new studio album.

Acoustic as Fuck.

Please omg

I'm not sure what I should think about that..

But I'm pretty sure some "fans" would kill theirselves because of the "Non-Punkness"

Who the fuck cares

I have wanted them to do an acoustic album for years now. I would die of happiness if they ever released one.

What I really love about acoustic songs is that the focus is more on the actual song and the vocals and instrumentation. It's less about an overall effect, and more about the emotion and meaning of the song. And I really love how the vocals can really shine on acoustic tracks - I'd love to hear Billie's voice like that, really emoting the sentiments of the songs with some light instrumentation that compliments his voice without overpowering it.

Still crossing my fingers that they will release an acoustic album. Or even just actual acoustic b-sides or bonus tracks on some other album or something. Anything!

I want an acoustic album more than a live CD right now, and about as much as I'd love to have a new rarities collection.

Kind of like an unplugged thing...I would like that actually. I mean I love GD as they are, but I am really interested in hearing how they would tweak songs to make them work acoustically. I hope they actually do something like this in the future :)

I'd actually like to see this. Some new songs, some acoustic re-imaging of old ones. I've always thought Basketcase would sound great as a solo acoustic on guitar (keeping the tempo and rhythm of the electric version), and an acoustic Platypus would be hilariously epic. Hey, if the Foo Fighters can do Wattershed and Monkey Wrench as acoustic pieces, Green Day can do Platypus and Basketcase.

[]

Suppose it's similar to preferring live versions of songs to the studio recording.

Which happens a lot to me when it comes to Green Day songs.

An acoustic album would be freaking amazing. :wub: I've always thought about how awesome it would be if they released one, and hopefully they do.

It would be wonderful :wub: I always wondered how Having A Blast could sound acoustic. And when Billie played Whatsername here it was delicious; simply perfect performance that should be recorded properly and exist forever... ♥♥♥ And add to those Wake Me Up When September Ends & Stray Heart, although I'll be happy with any of their songs :happy:

I've always wanted an unplugged/acoustic release from them. I think it would sound fabulous.

could you imagine an acoustic version of good riddance?? that would be amazing

I'd actually like to see this. Some new songs, some acoustic re-imaging of old ones. I've always thought Basketcase would sound great as a solo acoustic on guitar (keeping the tempo and rhythm of the electric version), and an acoustic Platypus would be hilariously epic. Hey, if the Foo Fighters can do Wattershed and Monkey Wrench as acoustic pieces, Green Day can do Platypus and Basketcase.

Having played Basket Case acoustically in that style at a couple of open mikes, I can confirm that it does indeed rock as an acoustic song. Not like I could compare that to Green Day doing it though :P

I disagree. In my opinion, the last entire punk thing they did was Insomniac, which is the punkest album they did (stil in my opinion). After that, it's alternative rock with punk rock influences (except Warning & 21st Century Breakdown, two records which are not punk at all for me).

I'd be glad if they do an acoustic album but in a Foo Fighters way. Like a second disc of a double album.

Archived