What if they released an acoustic album?

Jean

If it would be anything like The Riot Before's acoustic album, I'd be stoked. Hell, it wouldn't matter what approach they took, acoustic Green Day is always great.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I would like to listen to an "unplugged" record. However, it would need some arrangements, I would like not to listen to the songs in the same way just replacing the guitar to an acoustic one. I love The Bridge School Gigs, but they were just basically the same as a regular show just replacing the sound of the guitars.

It would be cool to hear more strings or flute/saxo or whatever.

I'd be down for a re-tooling of some classics, ala Alkaline Trio's Damnesia album. Some of the slower and rarer tracks would sound great.

It'd be pretty cool if they did this, I'd feel like it'd be a really chilled, laid back album :)

• 2 weeks later...
What do you mean by acoustic? If it's just Billie, it's a solo album. but if there's still bass and drums I don't know if I'd like it quite as much as just acoustic guitars and maybe piano. I feel like if there's bass and drums, it might as well be electric guitars. but I guess Tre could tone down a bit on the drums and not use a kit, and just use a few hand drums.

They make acoustic basses that sound pretty cool, and like you said, Tre could use a hand drum or something. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgl4CZ6DCk

^This video is close to the setup they should use imo.

I think an acoustic album would be really great! There are actually a lot of songs that I prefer acoustic such as Redundant and Whatsername. It would be cool if they tried to write music to specifically be played acoustically.

(I'm not) Justin Bieber (you motherfuckers) is making an acoustic Believe album... Talk about originality. I'm guessing a whole re-do of the trilogy acoustically would be too gimmicky? So, maybe if there was original songs on a Green Day acoustic album, along with some of their hits.... So, acoustic guitars, bass, drums/other percussion instruments, and piano...

X-Kid sounds really good when I play it on my acoustic, so I'd love to see Green Day do that all unplugged, even though you cannoot really record anything at all without something plugged in... nevermind

I'm not that in to the idea of an acoustic album, to be honest. Power chords don't always sound that great on acoustic and since that's most of what Green Day guitar parts consist of...meh. Some songs I just don't think would transfer over well, especially songs from the trilogy. However, I do think it'd be interesting if they added in arrangements and extra parts. I might consider buying it then.

(I'm not) Justin Bieber (you motherfuckers) is making an acoustic Believe album... Talk about originality. I'm guessing a whole re-do of the trilogy acoustically would be too gimmicky? So, maybe if there was original songs on a Green Day acoustic album, along with some of their hits.... So, acoustic guitars, bass, drums/other percussion instruments, and piano...

A re-do of the trilogy acoustically would be like re-making the trilogy, pretty much. In addition to that, they'd have to market it. The trilogy wasn't marketed very well the first time, so I'm not sure how it would go down if they completely re-did it and had to market it again.

Its going to be Norwegian Death Metal. Its music you can cry too but sort of burn a church down at the same time. But Green Day and as well BJA will have no association with this. None of the songs will be played live because its impossible to perform and too dangerous.

What does Justin Bieber have to do with any of this? Yeah, the idea may not be original, but it's something lots of artists do and something fans enjoy.

I never really got the "compare everything to Bieber and then continue to bash him" fad. And I probably never will.

Its going to be Norwegian Death Metal. Its music you can cry too but sort of burn a church down at the same time. But Green Day and as well BJA will have no association with this. None of the songs will be played live because its impossible to perform and too dangerous.

what

That would be sooo cool especially since Im playing more acoustic now :) I feel like that would be a big hit.

Archived