What if they released an acoustic album?

Jean

Are you referring to acoustic as in Bridge School or acoustic like only acoustic guitar? The first one would be awesome but the second... no.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if they were going to make an acoustic album, it'd obviously be a full band.

And the solo acoustic stuff can be great.

Yeah, solo acoustic can be great for a Billie Joe Armstrong solo album. But now for Green Day.

I disagree. In my opinion, the last entire punk thing they did was Insomniac, which is the punkest album they did (stil in my opinion). After that, it's alternative rock with punk rock influences (except Warning & 21st Century Breakdown, two records which are not punk at all for me).

I can agree with that, yeah. Either way, it's still been quite a while. Insomniac was released in 1995, wasn't it? I can't remember. But I don't think any modern Green Day "fan" can complain about their punk status.

Yeah, solo acoustic can be great for a Billie Joe Armstrong solo album. But now for Green Day.

It'd obviously be a full band thing. I was just pointing out that the other stuff is good too.

It'd obviously be a full band thing. I was just pointing out that the other stuff is good too.

Yeah, it's ok in concerts and radio shows but I'd rather have drums, bass and backing vocals too.

What if who released an acoustic album? Who's "They"?

The Black Eyed Peas

I'm not usually a massive fan of acoustic versions compared to non acoustic versions, but it'd certainly be interesting to hear some songs that way. I'd like to hear all their most aggressive songs acoustic, Take Back, Platypus and Christian's Inferno would be brilliant. And in fact I do LOVE this rendition of Redundant :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPl1i8mlppk

Actually listening to this and thinking about it makes me really want an acoustic album :lol:. They can make one after they make me a Beatles covers album.

Yeah, it's ok in concerts and radio shows but I'd rather have drums, bass and backing vocals too.

You can have drums, bass and backing vocals in an acoustic album.

You can have drums, bass and backing vocals in an acoustic album.

Well, then if it's a full-band acoustic album I'd like it too :wub:

The Black Eyed Peas

I'm not usually a massive fan of acoustic versions compared to non acoustic versions, but it'd certainly be interesting to hear some songs that way. I'd like to hear all their most aggressive songs acoustic, Take Back, Platypus and Christian's Inferno would be brilliant. And in fact I do LOVE this rendition of Redundant :wub:

Actually listening to this and thinking about it makes me really want an acoustic album :lol:. They can make one after they make me a Beatles covers album.

That's my favorite too.Out of the 7 live Redundants that I have. Well, I might like the one from when Mike breaks his nose on stage better... And Rancid has an acoustic Bonus CD.... so yeah

Green Day sounds amazing acoustic (especially holiday), so I'd be first in line to get that album :happy:

Bridge School + KALX Radio 1998 are both acoustic. But yeah I'd love to have a bunch of their songs acoustic

I have always loved Green Day's acoustic tracks, also when they play songs acoustically, particularly the ones you wouldn't expect to sound good acoustic. I would absolutely love it if an entire acoustic album was released. :)

I would love an acoustic album of old songs rather than ones specially written for it, i think a live acoustic album would be even better, some thing like 'In defiance of empty times' by 'Strike Anywhere' for the lack of a better example.

If it was like Mayday Parade's Valdosta EP, Acoustic and piano. Oh man i would pay good money for that.

I would be highly in favor of this. I wonder if they would pull it off as good as the Joey Cape/Tony Sly collaboration album.

Heres my pick of a few songs done acoustically. I would like it to be a decent size set that goes in order from 1039 to 21st Century, really enveloping their maturity and growth while showing that, when stripped down, they're still the same band at the core. I'm leaving out the trilogy because those are so new we haven't yet been able to fully appreciate them over time like these other records. Also, I'm trying to avoid singles as much as possible, this should try to show off "fan gems" so to speak.

1) I Was There

2) Green Day

3) Rest

4) Knowledge

5) Christy Road

6) No One Knows

7) Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?

8) Pulling Teeth

9) Basket Case

10) Coming Clean

11) Brat

12) 86

13) Brain Stew/Jaded

14) Walking Contradiction

15) The Grouch

16) Redundant

17) Haushinka

18) Prosthetic Head

19) Blood Sex and Booze

20) Castaway

21) Waiting

22) You Lied

23) Ha Ha You're Dead!

24) Are We The Waiting

25) Homecoming

26) Whatsername

27) Shoplifter

28) 21st Century Breakdown

29) !Viva La Gloria!

30) Last Night On Earth

31) Horseshoes and Handgrenades

32) Static Age

33) American Eulogy

34) See The Light

I know that's a huge set, but I think it would be an incredible experience for the band and fans.

Rusty James is awesome acoustically so if it sounded like that that would be awesome as fuck.

If it was like Mayday Parade's Valdosta EP, Acoustic and piano. Oh man i would pay good money for that.

Agreed. :wub: That album was perfection, I can see Green Day doing great things.

Something like Alkaline Trio's Damnesia would be great

I like the way you think.

I would be highly in favor of this. I wonder if they would pull it off as good as the Joey Cape/Tony Sly collaboration album.

Those are fantastic records. The acoustic version of Violins by Joey Cape is incredible. But, that being said, I'm not sure if Green Day could pull of acoustic pop like that.

Archived