What if they released an acoustic album?

Jean

So I was watching a bunch of live videos last night of Billie singing acoustically and it made think... Why haven't they released an acoustic album? Not like an album full of new material but with old songs. I especially think a lot of the Pre-Dookie songs sound really good acoustically. I really hope they do release one eventually.

I know they have acoustic bootlegs but I would really like something official.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was watching a bunch of live videos last night of Billie singing acoustically and it made think... Why haven't they released an acoustic album? Not like an album full of new material but with old songs. I especially think a lot of the Pre-Dookie songs sound really good acoustically. I really hope they do release one eventually.

I know they have acoustic bootlegs but I would really like something official.

The collective amount of orgasmic juices this would generate in the fandom would lead to the most massive "Cleanup on Aisle 12!!!!" call in known history.

Yeah, Green Day really do need to do a proper acoustic album. Just to see how they'd reinterpretate classic songs would be amazing.

They released THREE albums in the past few months and you're already thinking about another album?? They're human beings, not robots!

Maybe someday later but not now, for sure.

They released THREE albums in the past few months and you're already thinking about another album?? They're human beings, not robots!

Maybe someday later but not now, for sure.

They don't have to do it right this second. But eventually...

If they do, I hope they have the sense to abandon the power-chords. It sounds so much better if they play proper chords that ring, instead of what they've typically been doing. Like when they did rusty james acoustic, or when billie and mike did redundant acoustic. :P

Maybe a live album with acoustic songs? That would feel more genuine to me.

Yes! This would be amazing. Like an MTV Unplugged thing, that would be just brilliant.

Yes! This would be amazing. Like an MTV Unplugged thing, that would be just brilliant.

Redundant was the best.

If they do, I hope they have the sense to abandon the power-chords. It sounds so much better if they play proper chords that ring, instead of what they've typically been doing. Like when they did rusty james acoustic, or when billie and mike did redundant acoustic. :P

You can't diss the power chords bruh.

Maybe a live album with acoustic songs? That would feel more genuine to me.

Acoustic as Fuck.

I've been waiting for a Green Day MTV Unplugged forever. It would be so epic if they recorded compeletely new interpreted version of their songs, with Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason, Jason, Jeff and a string section. Man, it would be so amazing, like Nirvana and the Foo Fighters did it.

The Foo Fighters did an acoustic tour once with a real orchestra. It would be so awesome if Green Day did that one day, I mean they have more than enough songs to work with.

Sincerely, I feel acoustic albums are just a reboot of released songs so you can pay for them again. Maybe if they re-recorded the vocals too and they kept Mike's backing vocals I'd think of buying it.

I'm not sure what I should think about that..

But I'm pretty sure some "fans" would kill theirselves because of the "Non-Punkness"

Although if you listen to a lot of Green Day songs, especially off Dookie and the trilogy, they will make power chords full chords, like in Pulling Teeth, Redundant, etc.

But I'm pretty sure some "fans" would kill theirselves because of the "Non-Punkness"

Since like Good Riddance, right?

The Rusty James Live Acoustic sounded really great. I'd like to heard more of that kind of stuff. The problem with making an acoustic album is that it's something Billie would do on his own; it's not a whole-band project.

But then, wouldn't it be considered "punk" to actually do it? I don't get how punk has rules of what you're supposed to do and not do when being punk is supposed to be about being rebellious and breaking the rules. Right?

Yeah because the band themselves and every fan older from 13 cares if green day are punk or not...

Green Day hasn't been punk since 1994. Those "fans" should have killed themselves long ago if Green Day's rating on the punk scale really bothers them.

The Rusty James Live Acoustic sounded really great. I'd like to heard more of that kind of stuff. The problem with making an acoustic album is that it's something Billie would do on his own; it's not a whole-band project.

Acoustic doesn't mean just guitar and vocals. There are acoustic bass guitars that Mike could use and Tre could mess around with a cajon. It would sound different, but they could include the whole band if they wanted to.

But then, wouldn't it be considered "punk" to actually do it? I don't get how punk has rules of what you're supposed to do and not do when being punk is supposed to be about being rebellious and breaking the rules. Right?

There are no punk acoustic records. There can be acoustic records made by punk bands but it would not be classified as punk music.

that'd be really awsome!!! I love Words I might have ate for example....I prefer the acoustic version to the studio one...

Archived